The top three places you miss most from Coventry city centre (1 Viewer)

Otis

Buildings gone, places closed down or changed hands and become something else..

Off the top of my head:

1. Coventry Theatre
2. Tiffany's
3. Poster Place

Saw so many great bands at the Cov Theatre and Tiffany's and Poster Place was obviously the go to place to adorn your walls and cover yourself in pin badges etc.

Grendel

A fast route out

Grendel

Chick king

Grendel

The thistle pub

Grendel

Where was that? Was that down by the Arcade somewhere?

Yeah used to open at 10 am on match days in the 80’s

Rusty Trombone

Yeah, used to love Browns. Used to love it too at the old place in the lower precinct.
Wasn't it upper precinct? Went to a comedy night there, there was a tramp asleep in the corner, but then it turned out to be Jerry Sadowitz who got up and told his 'jokes'.

Otis

Wasn't it upper precinct? Went to a comedy night there, there was a tramp asleep in the corner, but then it turned out to be Jerry Sadowitz who got up and told his 'jokes'.
I always thought it was the lower precinct. Almost next door to where the co-op was.

I may be mistaken though.

RedSalmon

Nicholas Nickleby mens clothes shop in the Burges.

Always had nice clothes in there and it was a nice shop. Whenever I go past and look at the shop now (some sort of games shop) my heart sinks.

Rusty Trombone

I always thought it was the lower precinct. Almost next door to where the co-op was.

I may be mistaken though.
I can't be sure, I may be getting confused because they had an upstairs, so maybe that would be classed as middle precinct.

Nick

Administrator
Nicholas Nickleby mens clothes shop in the Burges.

Always had nice clothes in there and it was a nice shop. Whenever I go past and look at the shop now (some sort of games shop) my heart sinks.

Is Charlie Browns not enough?

RedSalmon

I just get nostalgic.

Remember going down there on a Friday with my pay packet and buying a shirt whenever I could afford it.

ajsccfc

I used to like the newsagent along where Fishy Moores was, Hamilton news I think? It moved up round the corner and is probably still there now, but it was never the same.

lifeskyblue

Anyone miss Fishy Moore's?

Wasn't a place I went to, but people always used to go on about it all the time.

Haven’t lived in cov for about 40yrs but very occasionally when I visited would go in with mum and dad, wife and kids. We all loved it. It was opposite pool meadow then. Last time I went it had changed venue completely and was part of a department store (was it coop?).
Also last time I went in the city centre Hertford Street had changed beyond all recognition.
Must spend a day in town again soon

Terry Gibson's perm

Barnabys,Sa Bacci and Ciro Citterio
Owen and Owen I never bought much but I like that old fanshioned type shop like selfridges in London

skyblueinBaku

Haven't been in the city centre for many, many years. However, I was disappointed that Mac Fisheries closed. Also, there was a nice continental (Polish?) deli in the Lower Precinct that I suppose has disappeared now.

Covstu

Ah good memories, I used to get my subbuteo from intershop!!
Loved poster place, still remember getting tickets for all sorts of gigs from there.
Always used to go to fishy moores or Hamilton News (for football cards) after swimming
Used to get my Amiga games from K Soft in Cathedral Lanes too

Users who are viewing this thread