The twelfth man (1 Viewer)

AJB1983

Am thinking that when the going has gotten tough, such as past two 'home' games, there isn't enough support at sixfields to create the 'twelfth man' to raise the players, as someone has already alluded to it seems it it now having an effect on performances....
That or the youngsters are burnt out

AJB1983

No but fans in numbers getting behind them may raise their confidence....having said that, it never happened at Ricoh. Our fans boo which clearly helps...

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think initially for the players it was a relief for the players not to be playing in front of the big crowds, however I think it is now starting to effect them in a negative effect.

covhead1

I think initially for the players it was a relief for the players not to be playing in front of the big crowds, however I think it is now starting to effect them in a negative effect.

could be.

i just hope they want to play in front of 6500 cov fans this saturday

SkyBlue_Bear83

could be.

i just hope they want to play in front of 6500 cov fans this saturday

Yea I just said in another thread I'm convinced the players will raise there game for the big match atmosphere on Saturday, it was a relief for them to get away from the pressure of the Ricoh initially but I think they are starting to miss it now.

Changeyourface

Never seemed to make a difference at the Ricoh. In fact, ninety percent of the time, the bigger the crowd the worse we seemed to perform.

Am thinking that when the going has gotten tough, such as past two 'home' games, there isn't enough support at sixfields to create the 'twelfth man' to raise the players, as someone has already alluded to it seems it it now having an effect on performances....

That is because there was only 11 fans there! The 12th man must have been on the hill.

The Gentleman

Worked brilliantly in front of 32k at the Ricoh. It's another blip. We miss chances and get punished. End.

It's more than that though Fernando, the blip has been continually conceding all season apart from a few games when we battered teams which we will not be able to do all season long. Your right everyone misses chances but if we keep giving teams twice as many as us we will keep getting dicked. If you get a good team with a good work ethic (we've not had that for a while) scoring goals then a with a big crowd they will bounce off each other. I was watching the Arsenal game tonight and for long periods the game just meandered along but as soon as the crowd got restless and got behind the team it seemed to push them on to creating chances. No I'm not saying we are like Arsenal but a positive crowd behind a committed team can work wonders. You just ain't going to get that at Sixfields. It'll be interesting on Saturday in front of a big support how the team responds.

Sky Blue Sheepy

So the low crowd was suiting the players when we were winning because of less pressure and no 'boo boys' (though that doesn't appear to hold water anymore) but now we're playing badly those same fans who werebenefitting the team because they weren't there to get on players backs, are now whats missing... Sorry I don't buy it. It's a team on a hopefully short term blip which could do with a freshen up in defence going off what I read. Cya all Saturday

Last edited:

andyboy81

Wish people would stop trying to play the "lack of home support" card because I for one don't buy it at all! Like previous posts have said, it wasn't an issue when we were putting goals past teams week in week out. Teams will have a dip during the season due to fatigue and also other teams working out how to combat certain threats as the surprise factor has gone.

On the fatigue side, it is obvious there is a lack of quality backup within the squad - especially CB and upfront in my personal opinion.
As for the tactical side, these are the times a manager will truly prove their worth. So SP.... its over to you

But back to my original point - Current dip is nothing to do with the attendances.

italiahorse

Wish people would stop trying to play the "lack of home support" card because I for one don't buy it at all! Like previous posts have said, it wasn't an issue when we were putting goals past teams week in week out. Teams will have a dip during the season due to fatigue and also other teams working out how to combat certain threats as the surprise factor has gone.

On the fatigue side, it is obvious there is a lack of quality backup within the squad - especially CB and upfront in my personal opinion.
As for the tactical side, these are the times a manager will truly prove their worth. So SP.... its over to you

But back to my original point - Current dip is nothing to do with the attendances.

Its a point well stated. Attendances were restricted to 60% of last year just in moving to Sixfields.
Little regard was placed on fans ability to get there by SISU. in fact I think TF was planning on attendances of 3,000 with a few at 7,000.

olderskyblue

It's a blip, and one we must all have expected given the age and experience of our team. We are already way ahead of where I thought we would be at this stage of the season.

The one positive is that it can't be blamed on playing at the Ricoh... ;)

CCFCChadders

Weren't the Sixfields lot booing the players?

Monners

Young, small, fatigued squad. Being sussed out to some extent. Be interesting on Saturday with the support, as long as we all get behind the team with the same enthusiasm as would have been the case without the heavy defeats. I actually think the should be less pressure on the team in some ways, as our expectations may be more realistic.

SkyBlue_Bear83

So the low crowd was suiting the players when we were winning because of less pressure and no 'boo boys' (though that doesn't appear to hold water anymore) but now we're playing badly those same fans who werebenefitting the team because they weren't there to get on players backs, are now whats missing... Sorry I don't buy it. It's a team on a hopefully short term blip which could do with a freshen up in defence going off what I read. Cya all Saturday

No, they initially enjoyed getting away from the pressure of the Ricoh but now sixfields is starting to wearing them down and they are struggling to motivate themselves to play in front of 2k at Sixfields every week. That's what I believe anyway

You don't go from being one of the best teams in the division to being spanked two games in a row just because of a loss of form, there is another issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gint11

Confidence is a major factor in football anyway but with a young inexperienced team its even more vital. I am gutted about the last 2 games but we need perspective. Staying up really is our aim as SP has said all along and the fact we have been able to look a tthe playoffs with realism just shows how well they have done to date. A blip is always expected but its nothing to do with where we are playing, its purely down to stength in depth for me. We just don't have it. We have 2 first team strikers at the club!

Users who are viewing this thread