The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Looks like Maggie's exit will be her going off with that woman who showed up with supplies last season, they mentioned her in the episode yesterday as trying to recruit her to do the same outreach job

Otis

Looks like Maggie's exit will be her going off with that woman who showed up with supplies last season, they mentioned her in the episode yesterday as trying to recruit her to do the same outreach job
Yeah. My thinking too.

Either....

Rick to die and Maggie to go off with new world lady

Or

Maggie to go off with new world lady and Rick to be whisked off in the helicopter.

Hopefully we'll find out the helicopter is good guys too and not just Chopper Dave, the Channel KTXT, eye in the sky weather man.

skybluegod

Yeah, maybe. I saw one article that said they think it will be one of 4.

They say......

1. Daryl. Nope. Surely not. Too obvious.

2. Cyndee. Most likely.

3. Henry. They must be having a laugh with that one and that Justin wasn't even looking down towards someone smaller than himself anyway, which he would have to do if talking to Henry.

4. A Whisperer with the face of a dead saviour. Doesn't make sense that. If it were a pretend walker he would notice that before he noticed the remnants of a dead colleague's face.

3 of those don't make sense to me.

It was a much better episode though, I agree.

Still don't get this fear of the Whisperers to come notion though. Supposed to be more terrifying than every baddie there's ever been so far.

They pretend to be Walkers and walk amongst the dead. Yep, get all that and at first that would take everyone by complete and utter surprise. As soon as everyone knows they are pretending to be Walkers though, there goes the element of surprise.

Unless they are always going to be a hoard of several hundred they could be picked off easily surely.

If they are trying to blend in they are slow and immobile. That makes them easy targets.

Can see the dangers and the fear that would bring, but there's a clear and easy solution you would have thought.

Rick's group have explosives too, so could easily lob a few bombs into a big crowd.

Maybe I'm missing something. Just think that the very fact the Whisperers have to be slow and immobile in order to blend in, makes them very vulnerable.

I think it will be 7, just before mid- season break.

Ah who's saying this?

I agree I can't see it being any of them.

I haven't read anything to be honest, so no idea about the whispers I have only heard like you that they are the scariest and most dangerous baddies yet.

I really liked last nights episode though, everyone seemed to be true to their character. Although wtf was Rosita wearing... And the idea of a riff between rick and Daryl because its not longer the small group it was is a great little side story.

Otis

I think it will be 7, just before mid- season break.

Ah who's saying this?

I agree I can't see it being any of them.

I haven't read anything to be honest, so no idea about the whispers I have only heard like you that they are the scariest and most dangerous baddies yet.

I really liked last nights episode though, everyone seemed to be true to their character. Although wtf was Rosita wearing... And the idea of a riff between rick and Daryl because its not longer the small group it was is a great little side story.
Rosita distracted me from the script. All the dialogue become muffled and uninteresting at the point of her appearance.

giphy.gif

Otis

And thoughts on Aaron becoming the new Rick?

Beard and hair now look similar and he resembles Rick from the comics and also in the comics Rick loses an arm and Aaron has just lost his.

aaron-is-the-new-rick-grimes.jpg

skybluegod

Yeah. My thinking too.

Either....

Rick to die and Maggie to go off with new world lady

Or

Maggie to go off with new world lady and Rick to be whisked off in the helicopter.

Hopefully we'll find out the helicopter is good guys too and not just Chopper Dave, the Channel KTXT, eye in the sky weather man.

Don't see the point in leaving Rick open ended. He will die IMO, Agree about Maggie though, that makes a lot of sense.

We do find out about helicopter this season. Wasn't it a plane last night tho?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Right. Here's my 2p's worth...…..
Rick shags Carol, dreadlock bloke gets jealous (as does Daryl, coz he wants Rick to himself). The vicar bloke decides God no longer exists (at last) and tries to shag Maggie. Glen really doesn't like this and comes back as a ghost to haunt them all. Negan breaks free and becomes a born again Christian and kills the rampant vicar bloke, and then he also tries to shag Maggie. Dreadlock man kills Rick in a fit of jealousy, leaving Daryl to be the boss and try to kill the ghost of Carl. Shaggy brings Scooby Doo into the camp and fights off Daphne and Velma who have now changed into zombies. They're not dead but they just LOVE the make-up!
Jeez! Give me the job of script writer!

Otis

Not a chance IMO, Aaron is so unimportant, would be a ridiculous jump to make him the new Rick imo.
Ah, you see, I don't see Aaron as unimportant at all.

He is pretty much responsible for this whole Alexandria/Hilltop thing. The only one left of that notion of the implementation of such, anyway.

skybluegod

Ah, you see, I don't see Aaron as unimportant at all.

He is pretty much responsible for this whole Alexandria/Hilltop thing. The only one left of that notion of the implementation of such, anyway.

I see him as a semi-character. Someone who just pops in and out.

How do you figure he is responsible for the whole Alexandria/Hilltop thing?

Otis

He is the only one left from the original Alexandria isn't he?

It was him that recruited all of Rick's group and brought them all to the fold.

Otis

There's a lot of internet chatter as to him becoming the new Rick and I can see that he could be someone to step up and become a very important figure in the future of the group.

olderskyblue

Hmmm... so what was all that about then, eh?

Who do we think the person at the end was?

Carol?

What about the geezer with the burnt face? Is he still alive?

skybluegod

He is the only one left from the original Alexandria isn't he?

It was him that recruited all of Rick's group and brought them all to the fold.

No there is the black guy (one that isn’t Gabriel-never been a main character mind)
Yes true but he’s never been the leader type, I just have never really warmed to him. He’s a very boring character...

Otis

No there is the black guy (one that isn’t Gabriel-never been a main character mind)
Yes true but he’s never been the leader type, I just have never really warmed to him. He’s a very boring character...
Agree.

We have had so called weaker characters spring to life before though. Not saying it's going to happen, but people are picking up on the fact that Aaron now does look alot like the comic version of Rick and is now complete with missing arm.

skybluegod

Agree.

We have had so called weaker characters spring to life before though. Not saying it's going to happen, but people are picking up on the fact that Aaron now does look alot like the comic version of Rick and is now complete with missing arm.

Yeah I get where people are coming from.

I think rick is going to be the biggest loss to the show.

Glenn was a huge miss but this is a bigger miss.

Since Alexandria I haven’t really bonded with any of the characters, yet we have seen all of the old guard killed off:
Carl, Abraham, Sasha, Glenn, Rick and Maggie all gone.
Morgan now I’m FTWD instead.
Leaves you with imo only carol and Daryl who people actually care about?
Rosita, Tara and Eugene are the others and while I like them I don’t really care?
I think I have only really liked about 4/5 characters since Alexandria came about... Jerry, Simon, Negan, Diana....

Otis

Yeah I get where people are coming from.

I think rick is going to be the biggest loss to the show.

Glenn was a huge miss but this is a bigger miss.

Since Alexandria I haven’t really bonded with any of the characters, yet we have seen all of the old guard killed off:
Carl, Abraham, Sasha, Glenn, Rick and Maggie all gone.
Morgan now I’m FTWD instead.
Leaves you with imo only carol and Daryl who people actually care about?
Rosita, Tara and Eugene are the others and while I like them I don’t really care?
I think I have only really liked about 4/5 characters since Alexandria came about... Jerry, Simon, Negan, Diana....
Agree.

We have lost (or will lose shortly) the best characters in the show.

For me that best characters have been Rick, Maggie, Glen, Daryl, Carol and Morgan.

Daryl and Carol of late have become a lot less interesting (Carol was all over the place the last couple of seasons) and Daryl became rather dull and tedious.

Tara is okay. Rosita, a bit dull and I can't warm to Ezekiel at all.

Never liked Eugene.

Doesn't leave much does it.

skybluegod

Agree.

We have lost (or will lose shortly) the best characters in the show.

For me that best characters have been Rick, Maggie, Glen, Daryl, Carol and Morgan.

Daryl and Carol of late have become a lot less interesting (Carol was all over the place the last couple of seasons) and Daryl became rather dull and tedious.

Tara is okay. Rosita, a bit dull and I can't warm to Ezekiel at all.

Never liked Eugene.

Doesn't leave much does it.

I have one off Maggie recently. But agree she was great for a while...
loved the old Daryl, I agree he hasn’t been as good for a while. Him and rick used to be tight, and I would never expect Daryl to break that brotherly bond like he has been doing.
Rick and Glenn have always been my favourite two characters. Really sad to see them go.

Yeah Tara is okay I agree with that. No I haven’t ever cared about Ezekiel.

I don’t like Eugene as a character but I think he is a really good person/ role? So he’s someone I love to hate?

I know that saviour which joined Maggie, is supposed to be taking a more prominent role (he has a full contract now)... but really I don’t know where the new lovable characters will come from? I hope Enid becomes a big character.

Otis

I have one off Maggie recently. But agree she was great for a while...
loved the old Daryl, I agree he hasn’t been as good for a while. Him and rick used to be tight, and I would never expect Daryl to break that brotherly bond like he has been doing.
Rick and Glenn have always been my favourite two characters. Really sad to see them go.

Yeah Tara is okay I agree with that. No I haven’t ever cared about Ezekiel.

I don’t like Eugene as a character but I think he is a really good person/ role? So he’s someone I love to hate?

I know that saviour which joined Maggie, is supposed to be taking a more prominent role (he has a full contract now)... but really I don’t know where the new lovable characters will come from? I hope Enid becomes a big character.
To be honest, when Eugene is talking I have to put the subtitles on otherwise I have absolutely no idea what he's talking about.

Otis

He talks quickly and barely opens his mouth or move his lips.

Apparently he is full of great one-liners.

Shame none of us ever get to hear any of them.

larry_david

So far this season has been alot better. End of Mondays episode actually had me wanting more. Although I do hate how the WD constantly use emotional story backlogs for characters we've only just met. Are we supposed to be engaged in hearing some old guys emotional story who we met for 2 mins the episode before

Otis

So far this season has been alot better. End of Mondays episode actually had me wanting more. Although I do hate how the WD constantly use emotional story backlogs for characters we've only just met. Are we supposed to be engaged in hearing some old guys emotional story who we met for 2 mins the episode before
Yeah, agree. I know the lad's death was just a plot device, but there was so much made of his death and everyone was so sad about his death, yet we had only just met him.

Was a bit clumsy.

The other thing that made me chuckle was the Saviours' 'Ooh look, look everybody, it's Rick Grimes, it's Rick Grimes'!

It's like Jesus Christ just walked into town with all fish and bread orders.

skybluegod

I think the first episode was crap tbh... Really boring, but understandably so as they left it in such a place where they had nowhere to really pick up... However as said the second episode was a good, and probably one of the better in the recent seasons.

Otis

I think the first episode was crap tbh... Really boring, but understandably so as they left it in such a place where they had nowhere to really pick up... However as said the second episode was a good, and probably one of the better in the recent seasons.
Kind of agree. Thought the first episode was just okay, but at least it seemed to be talking the show in anew direction.

Second episode was so much better.

Otis

Controversial question...is that garbage women hot? Like, would you? I think I would!!
Err..... No! No way. Not at all. Yuck.

Each and every to their own, but don't find her attractive at all. She looks a thousand times better without the bowl cut, but no.

Always have had a thing for Maggie and also quite liked Beth too.

Umm and who was the one who Rick was sweet on in Alexandria, with the violent partner? Can't remember her name, but she was nice looking if I recall correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread