The World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

CJ_covblaze

CJ I plan on going to second and third games. I'm going on my own so would be more than happy to meet up for the week. Don't know who you are traveling with but having gone to Brazil on my own it gets really expensive having to get taxis from airports etc if your on your own.

My two mates. They’re both out there until the quarters but I’m out there for the duration or until we’re out. So there’s a distinct possibility that we’ll all be heading home before our original planned flights!

Otis

First bit of old tat.

My sister in law has excitedly sent over this little beauty and my wife has said that I must share it with all my friends here on the football forum.

A 2018 world cup football souvenir.

Only it isn't. It just says Volgograd on it and the rest of the writing is just the company that made it, so no mention of the world cup at all. Just a plastic football in a box with the word Volgograd on it.

Hope you are all as excited as I am.

Attachments

• 20171230_095634.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 37

M&B Stand

First bit of old tat.

My sister in law has excitedly sent over this little beauty and my wife has said that I must share it with all my friends here on the football forum.

Only it isn't. It just says Volgograd on it and the rest of the writing is just the company that made it, so no mention of the world cup at all. Just a plastic football in a box with the word Volgograd on it.

Lovely mahogany sideboard you’ve got there

CJ_covblaze

First bit of old tat.

I am now! Cheers Otis.

CJ_covblaze

Wilson just scored his 7th of the season against Arsenal and got an assist 5 minutes later. A goal every 104 minutes. You know what to do Gareth.
giphy.gif

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Belgium, Semi & Final but FIFA always give me the refunds after each tournament, always hopeful though.
Enough caps for those games and holiday just about.

CJ_covblaze

Over 500 for the final ticket is pure cash flow madness though

One off top cap so applied for all 8. One for the credit card. Get it put back on there after Fifa have earned a nice bit of interest on the money for 6 months!

Joelly

One off top cap so applied for all 8. One for the credit card. Get it put back on there after Fifa have earned a nice bit of interest on the money for 6 months!
CJ can you explain how the cap system works briefly, want to start getting into following england away

CJ_covblaze

CJ can you explain how the cap system works briefly, want to start getting into following england away

You get 2 for each game you go to (bar tournaments). It used to be 1 for home and 2 for away but then inexplicably the FA came up with the brilliant idea of awarding 1 for an away game and 2 for a home. They changed it to the current system a few months after due to the backlash from the membership.

skyblue025

Home attendances were dropping so they thought it might entice more people to go. Didn't work and pissed off the membership.

wingy

Looks like it's going to be lively out there, judging by the Spartak fans last night in Spain ((Bilbao I think) .
Police officer died of Cardiac Arrest while dealing with it.

Liquid Gold

Looks like it's going to be lively out there, judging by the Spartak fans last night in Spain ((Bilbao I think) .
Police officer died of Cardiac Arrest while dealing with it.
If dozens of fans aren’t killed this summer I’d be surprised.

CJ_covblaze

If dozens of fans aren’t killed this summer I’d be surprised.

Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. I'm more concerned about the law enforcement over there than the Ultras. Seen what Soviet police are like too many times.

Got conformation for our tickets yesterday. Sorted out our FAN IDs/Visas this morning.

Liquid Gold

Fingers crossed that doesn't happen. I'm more concerned about the law enforcement over there than the Ultras. Seen what Soviet police are like too many times.

Got conformation for our tickets yesterday. Sorted out our FAN IDs/Visas this morning.
I think a lot of that neo facist machismo bollocks is in the police over there. I hope you have a good one and are out there for a full month.

bringbackrattles

Those ultras have amongst them soldiers from the Russian army it has been reported. These are not just thugs/hooligans but in their warped thinking/ideology they are fighting for Putin and the whole of their country. They are really dangerous and make Millwall hooligans as scary as a group of schoolgirls !

lifeskyblue

I do think this is different. The ‘thuggerry’ abroad and organised and possibly state approved jingoism and hooliganism at home makes this in my opinion more worrying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

Got my ticket confirmation today. Happy days. On our way. were on our way. Too Moscow, were on our way!

Looking forward to it. Surprised the Belgium cap cut off was so high considering the amount we’ve sold for the other games.

wingy

See there's some nonsense about Quatar in one of the papers this weekend speculating it might come here or the USA .

CJ_covblaze

See there's some nonsense about Quatar in one of the papers this weekend speculating it might come here or the USA .

I’m far from convinced that it will be in Qatar. There’s even a chance Qatar won’t exist in it’s current form by then. It should’ve been given to the States when it was awarded. Can’t see it going there in 2022 though as they’re going to cohost it in 2026 with Mexico and Canada. Germany is unlikely as there’s a good chance they’ll be getting Euro 2024. There’s a very limited amount of other countries that could do it at 3-4 years notice.

wingy

I’m far from convinced that it will be in Qatar. There’s even a chance Qatar won’t exist in it’s current form by then. It should’ve been given to the States when it was awarded. Can’t see it going there in 2022 though as they’re going to cohost it in 2026 with Mexico and Canada. Germany is unlikely as there’s a good chance they’ll be getting Euro 2024. There’s a very limited amount of other countries that could do it at 3-4 years notice.
I don't know what prompted the article unless someone put out a whisper, but it was all the original doubts and evidence of worker abuse /exploitation, the new guy at the top was having non of it .
I'd be very surprised, corrupt shit has a habit of being a 'Habit'.

skyblue025

Looking forward to it. Surprised the Belgium cap cut off was so high considering the amount we’ve sold for the other games.
It's the smallest stadium of the 3 we have and we were only allocated 2k odd. There are going to be a lot there without tickets. I was gobsmacked in Brazil so many turned up without tickets. To go all that way without knowing if you can get to a game or not.

CJ_covblaze

It's the smallest stadium of the 3 we have and we were only allocated 2k odd. There are going to be a lot there without tickets. I was gobsmacked in Brazil so many turned up without tickets. To go all that way without knowing if you can get to a game or not.

I’m guessing it’s going to be like 2012 where we start low but as it progresses, more will travel. Issue for those without tickets is not being able to buy on the streets. I get the impression they will be stringent with the FAN IDs and name on the ticket.

bringbackrattles

• Got to get a team together first. All our keepers are in poor form, and players like Stones and Walker hardly fill you with confidence. When talk of injury prone Wilshire going to be in the squad we are scraping the barrel !

CJ_covblaze

• Got to get a team together first. All our keepers are in poor form, and players like Stones and Walker hardly fill you with confidence. When talk of injury prone Wilshire going to be in the squad we are scraping the barrel !

Walker is having a good season. Our best all round keeper is probably Heaton but he’s not been fit for most of the season. It’s sad about Jack as when he’s fit he’s a match winner.

bringbackrattles

Walker is having a good season. Our best all round keeper is probably Heaton but he’s not been fit for most of the season. It’s sad about Jack as when he’s fit he’s a match winner.
Like your optimism CJ. But I think Walker is overrated and looks like a League One defender, but Wilshire on his day is good. Carson is having a good season in goal but can't see him going.

lifeskyblue

Like your optimism CJ. But I think Walker is overrated and looks like a League One defender, but Wilshire on his day is good. Carson is having a good season in goal but can't see him going.

Technically I think your right re Walker. But his speed gets him out of a lot of trouble in the PL. on a world stage he may get found out.
I like Stones but not sure he ready just yet for the biggest stage.
As for the keeper I’m really not convinced by any of the contenders. Someone has to make the shirt their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Jack Butland should be the number one but knowing the goon in charge it will be Pickford as he goes for players he has had before in front of ability

Users who are viewing this thread