Thermal Imaging Camera (1 Viewer)

Corrado

Does anyone know the best way to hire a Thermal Imaging camera or know anyone that offers this service.

We live in a pretty old house that is a nightmare to keep warm (£600 gas +elec bill last month) obviously cant keep paying this amount so want to find out where all the bloody heat that I have paid for is escaping! :mad:

Thanks

chiefdave

Get a Black and Decker TLD100, or something similar. Got mine off Amazon, think it was about £70

Point it at the wall and it gives you a temperature reading so you can move around and see where the cold spots are

Although that's only the start of your problems as mine showed I needed the walls insulated and as they aren't cavity walls that's about £15K plus all the doors and windows need replacing

Nick

Administrator
I was looking into this as I was getting a draft in one of the rooms. Bought some of the felt stirps and hammered round the window and it seems a lot better.

Now got the same issue in another room so will try that.

The last couple of nights the external wall has been cold to touch :(

shmmeee

I want one of these. House is freezing and apparently already has cavity wall insulation. I was thinking about renting one and doing draft proofing. But apparently you can get professionals in for a few hundred quid to do draft proofing and I’d assume they use one and are better at it.

MalcSB

Used professionals to check the zoning on my underfloor heating was correct, cost £1,250. Still not working so bought one that attaches to iPhone and found that many thermostats were wired to wrong valve on the manifold, sorted it out myself in a day. Now my kitchen isn’t always at 25 degrees centigrade whilst lounge freezing. You can’t always trust the professionals.

You can hire cameras, google thermal imaging camera hire!

shmmeee

Was just looking. You can get an iPhone one for about £200, or you can rent a dedicated one for about £90/day. Anyone know the difference? If it’s not much then seems you may as well buy the iPhone one.

Nuskyblue

Was just looking. You can get an iPhone one for about £200, or you can rent a dedicated one for about £90/day. Anyone know the difference? If it’s not much then seems you may as well buy the iPhone one.
They're OK, not as good as the dedicated tool. They are lower resolution but probably fine for the application OP wants

I have a FLIR E5 and C5

MalcSB

My iPhone one was fine for what it was used for. You can take stills or video which was useful for me. I haven’t got it anymore as I only used it for one day and no longer needed it.

Users who are viewing this thread