These players are genuinely my heroes (1 Viewer)

Ornitier

Hello, long time lurker, first time poster etc.

I wasn't sure how to word this. 'Heroes' might be a bit weird for someone in their 30's, but the last few years supporting Coventry have been so special that I just wanted to get something in writing.

These players that we have at the moment, and those who have departed over the last year, honestly make me feel like a kid again, when I was watching my favourites such as Dublin, Keane, Huckerby, McAllister, Telfer etc.

From the League Two playoff party, to the points per game League One Champions, to us all locked down watching them in the Championship during these crazy last 18 months, I don't think I've ever enjoyed supporting this club as much.

Tonight, listening to the crowd on ifollow, seeing the players all celebrating at the end, scenes we've had to pleasure of seeing so much more recently than we're used to, just made me really appreciate how far we've come from the days of Farrend Rawson, Kwame Thomas and Russell Slade. I think it hit me properly today because for the first time, we really feel like a Championship club.

It's probably been said, but a lot of these players have earned legend status, I can't stop watching highlights such as the Forest game with a smile on my face, as well as trawling Youtube for fan videos of scenes inside the stadium.

So Mcfadzean, Wilson, Hyam, Rose, Dabo, Hamer, Sheaf, Kelly, Godden, Gyokeres, O'Hare, Shipley, Allen, Walker, Jones; as well as those who have left us such as Marosi, Biamou, Bakayoko, McCallum, James, Bayliss, Doyle, Ostigard McNulty, Willis; and also the new guys this season, along with anyone else I've missed, thank you for making us feel like a proper club again.

And obviously Robins and Vivesh - those two are welcome to my first born.

Users who are viewing this thread