These young kids we have... (2 Viewers)

Paxman II

Liverpool were right. The kid Thomas, the way he looked up and then just smashed it in the top corner was class.
The Birgrimani or whatever his name looks like being a class act and would like to see him grow in the team this season.
The Roy of the rovers O'Donovan is quick and accurate, runs and uses space well - want more of him. And Christie, impressive.

The future looks bright guys - it really does. ;)

procdoc

sorry to piss on your parade but we've played nuneaton and hinckley. if they do it against Leicester and Brum then fair enough but let's not get carried away

Nick

Administrator
If Biggeinonyamomma can pull it off even against Bury or our youngsters do well then I think it will be a great sign!

Nonleagueherewecome

You've picked out the exact 4 players who've really impressed me too, Paxo. And I mean including "first teamers" in that. Christie & O'Donovan have probably been our best players after 2 pre-season games, and nobody would have predicted that. I don't think we're getting carried away or saying they're going to lead us to promotion. It's just a pleasant surprise to see such promising young players that will add something to the side next season, and get better over the next few years (unless we flog 'em).

pusbccfc

Isn't roy like 27?

Macca

You've picked out the exact 4 players who've really impressed me too, Paxo. And I mean including "first teamers" in that. Christie & O'Donovan have probably been our best players after 2 pre-season games, and nobody would have predicted that. I don't think we're getting carried away or saying they're going to lead us to promotion. It's just a pleasant surprise to see such promising young players that will add something to the side next season, and get better over the next few years (unless we flog 'em).

The last sentence is the whole point. People keep talking about these players being our future but if they are sold the moment they attract attention then that isnt the case. If i thought they would perform at a high level but still stay for 3 years it would be great

Nonleagueherewecome

Exactly. In August. Making my statement "he's still only 25" entirely factually correct!

Macca I know what you mean, but the fact that Hoffman resigned due to player-sales and Ranson tried to -is part of the attraction. Honestly, we'll always be a selling club when it comes to the big-boys. I keep thinking about that early '80's side of kids, and what they could have done together (Thomas, Hately et al).

But if we can owners with a soupcon of ambition and get back to the top flight, we can hold onto them a bit longer!

bamalamafizzfazz

I didn't go to Nuneaton but was at Hinckley and I think Thorn hit the nail on the head after the game. The youngsters ran around like headless chickens for the first 15 mins of the second half, didnt get the ball on the floor or even try to emulate the quick slick short passing game that was employed in the first half.

I had heard loads of good things about the performances of Gael and Thomas after Saturday and was looking forward to seeing them in action and on this occasion neither player inspired me at all. I thought that both players lacked composure on the ball to make time for themselves to pick out the better pass and quite often lost the ball.

Thomas saved it all with an finish of the highest quality and deserved praise for that but his performance overall was not the best.

As for the positives (first team aside who were very impressive) I thought that Phillips and Callum Wilson both played really well. Wilson played at the top of the diamond and did very well to find himself in space with the ball at his feet a number of times and Phillips bombed up and down the right flank all half, had a couple of shots and after hitting the crossbar was
unlucky not to score.

A special mention to ROD too who kept trying and looks like he might be the surprise package of the team. I expect him to keep his place tomorrow alongside Juke and if he keeps scoring could start against Leicester but the healthy competition is good also as Freddie also played a very good half of football.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
its good to see they did well in there first 2 games but as lads said they need to see if they can cut it with better oppostion when we play norwich and our first game of the season after that then ill make judgement but its promising so far.

Users who are viewing this thread