Things that annoy you (40 Viewers)

ovduk78

Can someone please explain to me how they decide what vehicles can and cannot go in the ULEZ zones? My old 59 plate volvo diesel CO2 of 119 g/km, road tax of £35 can't but my 2011 Mazda 3 CO2 of 144 g/km, road tax of £200 can. Is it as arbitrary as the year it was made?

shmmeee

Can someone please explain to me how they decide what vehicles can and cannot go in the ULEZ zones? My old 59 plate volvo diesel CO2 of 119 g/km, road tax of £35 can't but my 2011 Mazda 3 CO2 of 144 g/km, road tax of £200 can. Is it as arbitrary as the year it was made?

Its about air pollution not CO2, that’s why diesels are banned.

from TfL:

“To be compliant a diesel car must have NOx emissions equal to, or less than, 0.08 grams per kilometre and Particulate Matter emissions equal to, or less than, 0.005 grams per kilometre.”

jimmyhillsfanclub

Tall people at gigs

Word!

I went to see Beck in London a few years back. It felt like everyone in there was a giant, and that they all wanted to stand infront of us. I’m 6ft and struggled to see anything.

Im 6ft and when in my 20s, I always felt relatively tall at gigs......now I'm in my 50s and dont feel tall at all.

.....maybe I'm standing too far back these days?

Last edited:

JAM See

Im 6ft and when in my 20s, I always felt relatively tall at gigs......now I'm in my 50s and dont feel tall at all.

.....maybe I'm standing too far back these days?
Interesting, are you sure you're still six foot?

I used to be a big strong handsome six foot centre half in my twenties.

I'm now a podgy five foot ten and a half waster in my fifties.
No idea where the inch and a half went, but I'm definitely shorter.

wingy

I used to be a big strong handsome six foot centre half in my twenties.

I'm now a podgy five foot ten and a half waster.
No idea where the inch and a half went, but I'm definitely shorter.
Read water not waster.🤔doh.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Good question. I think so, but I'm gonna check.

It seems to me the younger the gig audience, the shorter I feel.

It may also follow that the younger the audience, the wilder the moshpit, leading me to drift back away further from the stage.

Ian1779

Parents that think it’s OK for their teenage daughters to have a massive handbag for school rather than an actual proper bag/rucksack.

Twats.

shmmeee

Having a battle with girls who think a pencil case of equipment is not important as it clashes with the handbag…

School should be giving clear guidelines about what’s appropriate. The absolute joke of bags I’ve had to deal with. Adults need to stop pandering to kids not wanting to do something cos it’s “cringe”.

shmmeee

Actually that reminds me:

- Teenage girls making themselves functionally useless. Giant nails, shoes they can barely walk in, tiny bags, no/pointless coat, I could go on. Combined with a weird return of patriarchal values and “lol I’m just a girl” (sub annoyance: TikTok repurposing No Doubts Just A Girl for this purpose when it means the exact opposite!)
- Parents giving 8 year olds expensive multi stage skin care regimes. Oh no! She might look 9 before her time!!

fernandopartridge

Actually that reminds me:

- Teenage girls making themselves functionally useless. Giant nails, shoes they can barely walk in, tiny bags, no/pointless coat, I could go on. Combined with a weird return of patriarchal values and “lol I’m just a girl” (sub annoyance: TikTok repurposing No Doubts Just A Girl for this purpose when it means the exact opposite!)
- Parents giving 8 year olds expensive multi stage skin care regimes. Oh no! She might look 9 before her time!!
The second point is surely just teaching vanity

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Ian1779

School should be giving clear guidelines about what’s appropriate. The absolute joke of bags I’ve had to deal with. Adults need to stop pandering to kids not wanting to do something cos it’s “cringe”.
I’ve just joined a new school and the guidance previously was shit. Will definitely be different for next year, but you wouldn’t believe the battles around basic things like wearing socks, or how it’s not appropriate to send your child to school in see through black leggings.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
I’ve just joined a new school and the guidance previously was shit. Will definitely be different for next year, but you wouldn’t believe the battles around basic things like wearing socks, or how it’s not appropriate to send your child to school in see through black leggings.
Are you now wearing socks and see through leggings to School then

Brighton Sky Blue

This ‘carnivore diet’ shite that seems to be all over YouTube at the moment. Plus half of them drink coffee which last time I checked wasn’t an animal!

shmmeee

Found myself following a few doctors on Twitter who spend their time debunking/laughing at/being exasperated at the carnivore people.

ccfctommy

Yeah that Eddie Abu and that other lad from Manchester keep coming up on my Instagram reels, their advice is terrible.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Eddie Abbew! He's 61 and looks good to be fair to him but all he eats is eggs and beef liver/fat.

The cooking videos are the worst. He made liver with blueberries...

Brighton Sky Blue

Found myself following a few doctors on Twitter who spend their time debunking/laughing at/being exasperated at the carnivore people.
I’m hearing a lot of ‘but we ate like this millions of years ago’. Yeah, we went and collected steak and eggs from Cavebury’s every day in those times I’m sure.

Users who are viewing this thread