Things that don't happen nowadays (1 Viewer)

mrfr

My fat twat of an uncle insisting on leaving on 85 minutes even if it was 1-1 in the highest stakes game of the season. Thankfully he can barely waddle himself down the stairs for a mars bar these days.

hill83

Brown footballs
Tight shorts
Players with Long hair plus moustaches
Terraces swirling
Cigarette smoke
Pens with metal fencing
Skinheads
Lock outs

“Standing in line
To see the show tonight
And there's a light on
Heavy glow
By the way I tried to say
I'd be there, waiting for”

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Busting gates down to get in for free.

slowpoke

I remember going to the Sunderland FA cup-tie in 1963, the whole side of the Kop in Thackall Street was down and hundreds were pouring in about 7.00. The official gate was about 40000 but there were thousands outside. Luckily my dad got two season stand tickets.

hamertime

Away tickets going on sale after the Saturday home game.

Glass in cement on top of the ground walls.

Half Cov Celtic/Rangers hats.

The Great Eastern

League Cup Semi 2nd leg at West Ham. Ray Stewart on Peter Bodak, who had destroyed them 2nd half first leg. After that tackle Bodak looked like he didn't want to be on the pitch let alone have the ball.
As I recall, it was a sliding tackle that also involved a hefty punch into Bodaks ribs. On the blindside of the officials. Bodak certainly didnt want to know after that.

Robinshio

As I recall, it was a sliding tackle that also involved a hefty punch into Bodaks ribs. On the blindside of the officials. Bodak certainly didnt want to know after that.
in the 1st leg , a younger john sillett came over to the right touchline, and coached him through the game from what was then the Disabled dug out

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Were they an alternative lifestyle choice marching band from the States?
Mention of marching bands in the Hill era we used to get some great American ones at half time. Always sticks in my mind the size of the band members.How some of the Tuba players managed to get them round their body was amazing.The bands never had the regiment of British bands but great watching them more or less skipping rather than marching up and down the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread