Things that don't happen nowadays (1 Viewer)

wingy

Blokes in butcher's coats wearing bovver boots.

Sbarcher

Apologies for this but -
My dad and grandad were Sunderland fans (moved down here when I was 6/7) and they used to take a little stool (a cracket) for me to stand on in the Roker end.

slowpoke

My grandad used to get the pink and the sports Argus every Saturday night
Sports Argus was a brilliant sports paper, they did an edited early version for if you went to certain in town shops after about 6.30 there were reports on all the midland teams and reserve matches, Previous weeks mid-week games, non league too. Obviously a bit biased to Villa, Blues and Albion but It did articles on other clubs too including Cov.

Covcraig@bury

Sports Argus was a brilliant sports paper, they did an edited early version for if you went to certain in town shops after about 6.30 there were reports on all the midland teams and reserve matches, Previous weeks mid-week games, non league too. Obviously a bit biased to Villa, Blues and Albion but It did articles on other clubs too including Cov.
Fucking hate Villa

1ccfc

A decent announcement for new players. I remember when there would be a press conference and unveiling of a new player. I'm not a fan of the social media announcements. Just looking at Bobby Thomas. Twitter announcement at 20:00 on a Saturday night! I think the club are missing a trick and could really hype up some of these signings more than they have.

alexccfc99

Got a soft spot for Villa, my great great uncle, a true Coventry kid played for them just before The Great War. He joined the footballers battalion in 1914 and fell just a week before Armistice during The Hundred Days Offensive.

Respect.
Prefer The Villa to the twats they share their City with any day of the week

Villa fans are idiots but in a deluded yet harmless way, Brum fans are idiots in an brick a coach full of women, kids and shirters kind of way

JulianDarbyFTW

yes any of the north west grounds, Manchester and Liverpool
for the younger generation, you pay the £1 or ended up with "damages"
It happened to my dad when he took me to watch Birmingham City play when I was a kid, but it was £3 which was a decent whack back then. As you say, the prospect of damage to the car made him pay up. Think that was almost as much as the cost of my ticket!

Hertsccfc

It happened to my dad when he took me to watch Birmingham City play when I was a kid, but it was £3 which was a decent whack back then. As you say, the prospect of damage to the car made him pay up. Think that was almost as much as the cost of my ticket!
Happened at Villa too.

ccfctommy

Goalkeepers wearing jogging bottoms.

Footballs that were simply white.

Referees wearing black.

Players retiring then becoming pub landlords.

Users who are viewing this thread