Things that used to annoy you, but now don't annoy you anymore (1 Viewer)

Otis

Old people.

Now I'm one I kind of see their point.

Staying in.

Staying in is now the new going out (please refer back to the first point for clarification)

mechaishida

Car insurance renewals, MOT's etc...

Still short on money for both, but meh, the more you're nervous at an MOT centre, the more the crooked mechanic 'finds' wrong with the car.

Also, people dressing and looking to imitate their favorite 'idol'. Hilarious nowadays, but it used to irritate me. There was a guy in town trying to be Liam Gallagher, so I asked him had he missed the trend first time around. Looked at me like I was speaking Martian.

Astute

Car insurance renewals, MOT's etc...

Still short on money for both, but meh, the more you're nervous at an MOT centre, the more the crooked mechanic 'finds' wrong with the car.

Also, people dressing and looking to imitate their favorite 'idol'. Hilarious nowadays, but it used to irritate me. There was a guy in town trying to be Liam Gallagher, so I asked him had he missed the trend first time around. Looked at me like I was speaking Martian.
Have never made an insurance claim in my life. But I know they are going to take the piss each year. I tell them not to auto renew but they try to. I get quotes before the old one runs out. It normally includes at least one from the present insurer. And it is normally well under the new quote.

I normally have one of my cars that is a group 19 or 20. There are normally quotes of 5k or more. But I have never paid more than £450. Normally around the £350 mark.

I take my cars for their MOT expecting it to cost me over £500. So nearly always happy. The last MOT was a car I had recently bought as a trade sale with a short MOT. Just over half the price of normal forecourt price. Bought it for my dog to travel in. He will only sit in the front. It has 3 seats in the front. MOT cost me £80 including MOT fee. Massive win.

mechaishida

Have never made an insurance claim in my life. But I know they are going to take the piss each year. I tell them not to auto renew but they try to. I get quotes before the old one runs out. It normally includes at least one from the present insurer. And it is normally well under the new quote.

I normally have one of my cars that is a group 19 or 20. There are normally quotes of 5k or more. But I have never paid more than £450. Normally around the £350 mark.

I take my cars for their MOT expecting it to cost me over £500. So nearly always happy. The last MOT was a car I had recently bought as a trade sale with a short MOT. Just over half the price of normal forecourt price. Bought it for my dog to travel in. He will only sit in the front. It has 3 seats in the front. MOT cost me £80 including MOT fee. Massive win.

Jammy shithouse, haha. I usually get swindled with medium age cars that start disintegrating after the warranty is up.

Had one claim on my insurance in years of driving, I thumped someone's bumper last year, one of those flimsy new Minis, not a scratch on my old Focus but her rear end looked like my arse after a vindaloo.

One poxy claim, minimal damage in retrospect, 53% increase on my premium. Years ago I'd have lost a lung at such a price, but now I'm used to having government ran companies draining my wallet.

Was gonna buy a 56 plate Saab last month but it was in bracket 27 for insurance?? Faaaack.

Astute

Jammy shithouse, haha. I usually get swindled with medium age cars that start disintegrating after the warranty is up.

Had one claim on my insurance in years of driving, I thumped someone's bumper last year, one of those flimsy new Minis, not a scratch on my old Focus but her rear end looked like my arse after a vindaloo.

One poxy claim, minimal damage in retrospect, 53% increase on my premium. Years ago I'd have lost a lung at such a price, but now I'm used to having government ran companies draining my wallet.

Was gonna buy a 56 plate Saab last month but it was in bracket 27 for insurance?? Faaaack.
27 out of what?

Love Saabs. Good quality and solid. My group 19 and 20 are out of 20 :smuggrin: You should ignore the rating and get online quotes. They don't always go with the rating.

Go old enough on a Saab and you will get classic insurance. It is amazing what it can do to the price. The wifes MG is £180 a year.

mechaishida

Ah right, good advice, I got bogged down in poxy group ratings etc.

So how old does a car need to be to qualify for classic insurance? Saw a lovely Sierra Cosworth G-reg for £2000 that I may medically need. 2.2ltr Cosworth engine, oh mercy. Well, that's what the dealer said.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Cinema adverts, went last night for the first time in years, 35 minutes after the 'start' time before the film actually started......reason it didn't annoy me was because we were child free for an extra 35 minutes!!

mechaishida

Cinema adverts, went last night for the first time in years, 35 minutes after the 'start' time before the film actually started......reason it didn't annoy me was because we were child free for an extra 35 minutes!!

Hence why cinema-going has been greatly vetted in my household, with or without the kids.

Extraordinary sweet/confectionary prices, seats that hurt your arse in 50 places, and yes, the adverts that seem to go on for days.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Hence why cinema-going has been greatly vetted in my household, with or without the kids.

Extraordinary sweet/confectionary prices, seats that hurt your arse in 50 places, and yes, the adverts that seem to go on for days.

Ah the showcase now has lazy boy style chairs! I didn't want to leave!
Spent £6 on sweets and drinks in Tesco before would have cost just shy of £20 at the venue!

Last edited:

mechaishida

Ah the showcase now has lazy boy style chairs! I didn't want to leave!
Spent £6 on sweets and drinks in Tesco before woildnhave cost just shy of £20 at the venue!

I'm in rural Wales, mate, nearest cinema we have is a Vue one, and the seats are atrocious.

Tried to charge me £12 for a medium bag of pick and mix too, I just laughed like a drunk musketeer.

On a side note, about stuff we used to find annoying, but don't now...Tim Fisher? I just feel nothing when I gaze into that smug, bullshitting face...

Gazolba

People on forums who make too many (stupid, untrue, inaccurate, obnoxious) posts don't annoy me any more because I block them.

Astute

Ah right, good advice, I got bogged down in poxy group ratings etc.

So how old does a car need to be to qualify for classic insurance? Saw a lovely Sierra Cosworth G-reg for £2000 that I may medically need. 2.2ltr Cosworth engine, oh mercy. Well, that's what the dealer said.
That is certainly a classic. You can get classic insurance from about 15 years old depending on insurance company. 2k is very cheap. I would get it and get the old engine rebuilt if I had the funds. Keep it original. Will be worth a fortune in a few years.

mechaishida

That is certainly a classic. You can get classic insurance from about 15 years old depending on insurance company. 2k is very cheap. I would get it and get the old engine rebuilt if I had the funds. Keep it original. Will be worth a fortune in a few years.

Eeeeeeeexcellent. Well, Christmas is cancelled, daddy needs a Sierra Cosworth.

The children will understand.

skybluegod

Yeah have the same with my insurance.
I’m with admiral, they took £70 off my quote after another years no claims, I rang up to cancel, as I found another offer £100 cheaper. Admital then offered me insurance another £80 cheaper than that. They just try anything on.

bringbackrattles

Noisy neighbour playing loud rap music and Adele songs repeatedly. I now keep cool and just stick Motorhead and ACDC on for a bit with my windows open. Works a treat as it then goes silent. Some people you just have to work on their level !

Otis

Noisy neighbour playing loud rap music and Adele songs repeatedly. I now keep cool and just stick Motorhead and ACDC on for a bit with my windows open. Works a treat as it then goes silent. Some people you just have to work on their level !
My niece has a similar problem. She says she keeps having to turn down her rap and Adele music because someone is blasting out Motorhead and AC/DC from a nearby flat.

Astute

Had something similar many years ago.

Had a baby who didn't sleep well. The next door neighbour had loud parties frequently. I would get out of bed and hammer the door until they opened it. They would then turn the music down for about 10 minutes. After a month or so I had a plan. I would get up for work and send partner and baby to my sister's house. I would put two large speakers against their bedroom wall, turn the music right up and then go to work. My partner would then go back hours later and turn it off mid day.

Ended up with a bit of an altercation. But silence at night after that.

skybluegod

Had something similar many years ago.

Had a baby who didn't sleep well. The next door neighbour had loud parties frequently. I would get out of bed and hammer the door until they opened it. They would then turn the music down for about 10 minutes. After a month or so I had a plan. I would get up for work and send partner and baby to my sister's house. I would put two large speakers against their bedroom wall, turn the music right up and then go to work. My partner would then go back hours later and turn it off mid day.

Ended up with a bit of an altercation. But silence at night after that.

Ah you can’t leave the story at ‘bit of an altercation’! What about us nosey bastards ;)

Johnnythespider

And what do your other neighbours play to shut you up ;)

Astute

Ah you can’t leave the story at ‘bit of an altercation’! What about us nosey bastards ;)
Not a lot.

About 6 local louts came from a house over the road that went to the parties to sort me out. But there was limited space at my front door. Had no choice as my family were inside. Hit the first two and the rest ran away whilst shouting what was going to happen to me. Called a mate who was well respected in the area that I worked the doors with. We went over and he told them politely what would happen if anything else happened at my house. My neighbours moved out a few weeks later.

A little old lady from 2 doors away cried her eyes out when I left. Heard it frim someone else. So visited her every so often so they knew I was still around. I didn't know but they had terrorised the street for ages before I moved there.

Users who are viewing this thread