Things that you do, that annoy others (1 Viewer)

Astute

Or it happens when someone like Astute, purposefully gets close to bumper of the other car to make the point, and then if they don’t predict it, and they accelerate a little, there is your crash.

I hate middle lane drivers, but the old saying ‘2 wrongs don’t make a right.’ And people thinking they are so good they can’t crash is idiotic, so yes they are right posting in this thread ;) but it doesn’t mean they aren’t cocks.
So a car that is cruising along in the middle lane is suddenly going to reach the speed I am going at? Thwre is more chance of it pulling into the outside lane without warning and for no reason.

oakey

I switch many devices off at the wall when not in use. Genuinely baffles people. Many times I have been told that the whiteboard in my room doesn't work. Yes it does just flick the switch on the wall!
I also mute devices when I am not listening, including all ads and many intros to programmes, like the Apprentice, that merely repeat first 2-3 minutes.

Gazolba

is there anything that you do, deliberately or otherwise, that regularly annoys others?
I drive very slowly (actually just within the speed limit) and it makes other drivers crazy.
They come right up behind me and stay there for a couple of miles, then swerve wildly around me and accelerate to the next red light, where I invariably pull up alongside them.

Astute

I drive very slowly (actually just within the speed limit) and it makes other drivers crazy.
They come right up behind me and stay there for a couple of miles, then swerve wildly around me and accelerate to the next red light, where I invariably pull up alongside them.
That is nearly as bad as someone who drives at 40 in a 60 and then carries on at 40 in a 30.

And most Speedos show faster than you are really going at. Not surprised that people go past you all the time if doing 25 in a 30. Even cyclists can go faster.

skybluegod

Excuse?
For what?

It sounds to me like you are a middle lane hog.

Nope, I drive like I am meant too, keep left, unless overtaking, simple as :)

You think you are such an amazing driver you can’t crash, and that just because you drive track you can’t crash, and because you travel a lot of miles that you somehow won’t crash.

skybluegod

So a car that is cruising along in the middle lane is suddenly going to reach the speed I am going at? Thwre is more chance of it pulling into the outside lane without warning and for no reason.

Where did I say that? If as you say, you just miss the bumper, and the other driver speeds up by even just 1MPH, then you would crash?

skybluegod

That is nearly as bad as someone who drives at 40 in a 60 and then carries on at 40 in a 30.

And most Speedos show faster than you are really going at. Not surprised that people go past you all the time if doing 25 in a 30. Even cyclists can go faster.

I agree on the first point tbf ;) pricks that do that piss me off! Anyone do that on here ;)

Astute

Nope, I drive like I am meant too, keep left, unless overtaking, simple as :)

You think you are such an amazing driver you can’t crash, and that just because you drive track you can’t crash, and because you travel a lot of miles that you somehow won’t crash.
Can't?

Not what I have said is it?

I have held a licence for 34 years. Got on the road on my 16th birthday with a Fizzer. But started driving cars at 11. I know how to handle one. I know what is dangerous. I know what is safe.

Most accidents are caused by people not concentrating as far forward as they can see, what is behind and what speed they are going at, what is happening both sides including junctions and pedestrians, but most of all not driving to the conditions.

Do you ever do journeys where you can't remember a lot if it? That is the part where you were not concentrating.

I don't time my overtaking. I watch my overtaking. I also watch what is going on all around me at the same time. If you spent as much time concentrating as I do you will see how many idiots there really are on the roads. And many of them think they are good drivers.

skybluegod

Can't?

Not what I have said is it?

I have held a licence for 34 years. Got on the road on my 16th birthday with a Fizzer. But started driving cars at 11. I know how to handle one. I know what is dangerous. I know what is safe.

Most accidents are caused by people not concentrating as far forward as they can see, what is behind and what speed they are going at, what is happening both sides including junctions and pedestrians, but most of all not driving to the conditions.

Do you ever do journeys where you can't remember a lot if it? That is the part where you were not concentrating.

I don't time my overtaking. I watch my overtaking. I also watch what is going on all around me at the same time. If you spent as much time concentrating as I do you will see how many idiots there really are on the roads. And many of them think they are good drivers.

I agree the standard of driving in the country is dog piss. I don’t know how a lot of people passed. There are so many idiots.

But it doesn’t mean undertaking is right, or smart, or makes you any less of an idiot in this situation.

Astute

I agree the standard of driving in the country is dog piss. I don’t know how a lot of people passed. There are so many idiots.

But it doesn’t mean undertaking is right, or smart, or makes you any less of an idiot in this situation.
But I overtake.....

Middle lane drivers can cause traffic jams. Traffic jams cause accidents. Accidents can cause more accidents. Roads get blocked. People can be held up for hours. And all because some twat sits in the middle lane going slow.

Had someone doing 55 in the fast lane last week. Even when no traffic at all in the other two lanes. She just wouldn't move over. Yes I undertook. So did many others. She should lose her licence for driving like that and have to pass an extended test to get it back.

skybluegod

But I overtake.....

Middle lane drivers can cause traffic jams. Traffic jams cause accidents. Accidents can cause more accidents. Roads get blocked. People can be held up for hours. And all because some twat sits in the middle lane going slow.

Had someone doing 55 in the fast lane last week. Even when no traffic at all in the other two lanes. She just wouldn't move over. Yes I undertook. So did many others. She should lose her licence for driving like that and have to pass an extended test to get it back.

You also undertake.
It also makes you one of those bad drivers that undertakes.
Again I go back to the point, just cause other people are bad drivers doesn’t mean you have to be.

skybluetony176

Eating. My eating habits are good, always chew with my mouth shut, don’t slurp, don’t lick the plate clean etc. But for reasons I can’t explain I’m a very noisy eater and it tends to annoy the people around me. It’s like my mouth is an echo chamber and I can’t do anything about it. Maybe I’ve just got a big mouth? No, it can’t be that ;)

Sick Boy

Middle lane drivers cause accidents. That is why they now get fined.

My favourite is to pull from the slow lane to the fast lane, overtake then pull sharply back to the slow lane without indicating. I miss their front bumper by inches. The vast majority then get into the slow lane like they should.

I have seen police just drive past the morons without stopping them. I doubt many have actually been fined.

Astute

You also undertake.
It also makes you one of those bad drivers that undertakes.
Again I go back to the point, just cause other people are bad drivers doesn’t mean you have to be.
So we should have all sat at 55 in all 3 lanes because of an idiot?

The law says you should never undertake unless traffic is slow and the inside lanes can go faster. Otherwise you could only do the speed of the outside lane. When that slows down or stops the whole road would stop.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I've said this on the other thread of things that annoys me, but me sarcastically 'thanking' someone who doesn't thank me for helping them, i.e. Hold a door open, let through a narrow street, bring something to them etc, I cannot help myself but say "you're welcome!"

Otis

I switch many devices off at the wall when not in use. Genuinely baffles people. Many times I have been told that the whiteboard in my room doesn't work. Yes it does just flick the switch on the wall!
I also mute devices when I am not listening, including all ads and many intros to programmes, like the Apprentice, that merely repeat first 2-3 minutes.
I very, very rarely watch anything live. I deliberately time things so I can watch back even as little as 10 mins later in order to miss all the adverts, trailers and recaps.

Can't remember the last time I watched a TV ad.

skybluegod

The law says you should never undertake unless traffic is slow and the inside lanes can go faster. Otherwise you could only do the speed of the outside lane. When that slows down or stops the whole road would stop.

Yeah you missed out the key word in the law where it says ‘if traffic is QUEUEING and slow moving’ in congested conditions also.

I think you think that I don’t have middle lane drivers. I do, and they are a ball ache, but that doesn’t making undertaking right. It’s still dangerous, and I don’t care what your track record is, or how long you have been driving, it doesn’t make it not dangerous.

skybluegod

I've said this on the other thread of things that annoys me, but me sarcastically 'thanking' someone who doesn't thank me for helping them, i.e. Hold a door open, let through a narrow street, bring something to them etc, I cannot help myself but say "you're welcome!"
Yep I do That, even when driving, when you let someone out, or somebody pass and they don’t say thank you, I stick my hand up really obviously!

eastwoodsdustman

Eating. My eating habits are good, always chew with my mouth shut, don’t slurp, don’t lick the plate clean etc. But for reasons I can’t explain I’m a very noisy eater and it tends to annoy the people around me. It’s like my mouth is an echo chamber and I can’t do anything about it. Maybe I’ve just got a big mouth? No, it can’t be that ;)
My jaw clicks if I chew stuff. Never bothers me, just others.

Gazolba

<snip>

<snip>.
That's not what causes most auto accidents.
Most accidents are caused by the driver being distracted.
Phoning/Texting while driving, reading, changing clothes, applying make-up, talking to passengers etc.

Gazolba

I don't see any virtue in speed. I leave earlier and get to my destination on time.
I arrive calm and relaxed and use less fuel and wear and tear on my car.
It's perfectly legal to drive less that the speed limit.
People shoot past me all the time even when I am doing the speed limit.

Astute

Phoning/Texting while driving, reading, changing clothes, applying make-up, talking to passengers etc.
Not concentrating on driving. Just like I said.

Astute

I don't see any virtue in speed. I leave earlier and get to my destination on time.
I arrive calm and relaxed and use less fuel and wear and tear on my car.
It's perfectly legal to drive less that the speed limit.
People shoot past me all the time even when I am doing the speed limit.
You can leave earlier but then keep coming across drivers going slow that makes you late.

Sky_Blue_Daz

In the very rare occasion I fall out with my wife or daughter I always need to have the last word

Terry Gibson's perm

I like to fart in the food aisle in shops just to see peoples face as they get a whiff drives my wife mad as I walk off saying I will just leave that there.

Otis

Wow! All at the same time? Yep, I WOULD call that dangerous.

Sick Boy

Wow! All at the same time? Yep, I WOULD call that dangerous.

I've had the pleasure of being a passenger with my girlfriend driving at 160km p/h on an Italian motorway while she was putting on make up and talking on the phone.

mechaishida

Apparently I don't think soap opera chat and other assorted feminine interests are interesting enough to even bat an eyelid at.

Also, guffing in my sleep, squeaking like a squirrel in my sleep, breathing like an asthmatic warthog in my sleep and generally anything I do nocturnally is quite annoying to the opposite sex.

I give lectures on being an irritating twat, leave me a PM for details on my next seminar: 'Rile Her To Sleep, Get Her Chewing the Pillow in Rage'. :)

richnrg

Apparently I don't think soap opera chat and other assorted feminine interests are interesting enough to even bat an eyelid at.

Also, guffing in my sleep, squeaking like a squirrel in my sleep, breathing like an asthmatic warthog in my sleep and generally anything I do nocturnally is quite annoying to the opposite sex.
..but those of the same sex love it?

Users who are viewing this thread