This plan might work but...... (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

sorry gredull. its an idea but you could get the same effect by all going in numbers and not going in and giving money to shitsu. we could always just loiter around blocking up the car parks etc. i also heard that you can watch most off the game for free from a near by hill. infact i don't know why no-one has thought of that already? perhaps we could call it jimmy's hill or something else connected to the club.

Tonylinc

What's the evidence NOPM is working? SISU just turned down a better deal than ever to play at the Ricoh and turned down transfer fees for players in the summer (after the attendances became evident) Do you not think they'll have been prepared to take worst case scenario losses before moving out? Haven't seen a shred of evidence NOPM is working although I expect to get called names for suggesting on here
Not going to call you any name BUT do you not think that what has happened to the Trust recently indicates that Shitzu are getting twitchy?

italiahorse

Are you saying labowitch is a liar?

No I'm saying Sisu told us so it is factual.
How much the truth was stretched is difficult to advise you as no actual figures are available.
However some people who are close to Sisu will not be bothered about that as they follow blindly.
Can you say hello to them at your next rally?

wingy

Surely those costs would apply wherever we were playing?

Absolutely ,Labovitch was asked on Friday on CWR to say exactly what we pay for Sixfields but refused ,,so I don't know if they pay associated costs ,read somewhere recently in an old Guardian article that the Northampton ratepayer would be finding £70K. for policing ,

Last edited:

Astute

What's the evidence NOPM is working? SISU just turned down a better deal than ever to play at the Ricoh and turned down transfer fees for players in the summer (after the attendances became evident) Do you not think they'll have been prepared to take worst case scenario losses before moving out? Haven't seen a shred of evidence NOPM is working although I expect to get called names for suggesting on here

Worse case scenario was gates of 3,000. So income is 30% down on lowest hope. This is a lot of extra money for them to find every week. Extra pressure on them when they fail on all these threats.

Astute

Are you saying labowitch is a liar?

He said that the offer of free rent from ACL hadn't been made to them when we knew it had. He twists the truth so it looks nothing like it should. But he will have an excuse to make it the truth though. You know like stretching the truth.

Astute

CWR friday night ,Strangely Labovitch kept insisting Matchday costs to ACL were Rent ,something Fisher continually referred to as Matchday costs last season.

Maybe he means they rent the Police and everything else for what the costs are for :thinking about:

skybluefred

The practical problem with your suggestion is most aren't going because of NOPM or whatever,

Of course you can produce evidence that NOPM is not working I presume.?
On the other hand at the cobblers we have probably the lowest prices in league one, A 25% discount on all of the
new shops sales over the weekend, and you say NOPM is not working. The above measures smack of desperation
to me.

I certainly wouldn't want to see the ground filled every week just to see if Cardoza would break a legally binding contract.

GaryPendrysEyes

It's clearly a war of attrition, and unless you think a company and it's investors are completely insensitive to income/returns, it's obvious reduced revenue and losses will eventually have an impact....unless you think Sisu operate in a parallel universe and not under a capitalist system...

They have looked at risk /reward over a max time period and are gambling on the win of getting the Ricoh on the cheap and selling it on for big profit.. NOPM increases the chances they lose that war of attrition.

valiant15

The practical problem with your suggestion is most aren't going because of NOPM or whatever,

Of course you can produce evidence that NOPM is not working I presume.?
On the other hand at the cobblers we have probably the lowest prices in league one, A 25% discount on all of the
new shops sales over the weekend, and you say NOPM is not working. The above measures smack of desperation
to me.

I certainly wouldn't want to see the ground filled every week just to see if Cardoza would break a legally binding contract.

They've reduced the stock in the shop by 25%?

Its only just opened.

italiahorse

CWR friday night ,Strangely Labovitch kept insisting Matchday costs to ACL were Rent ,something Fisher continually referred to as Matchday costs last season.

But is the £12000 actual ? This could be costs for a full stadium and may factor down.
It might include providing catering for Sisu corporates or other items not available at Sixfields.
I listened to it and would say he didn't convince me.
Not beyond Sisu to stretch the facts to justify the refusal.
Could ACL not advise?

SkyBlueHomer

The "free" deal looks like its £12,000 a game plus matchday costs so no chance.
Assuming those figures are correct it wouldn't take much to hit that target on a week to week basis at non-league levels with the attendances people talk about. I don't think the numbers people talk about would go anyway but we'll save that argument for a different thread eh

Blueandwhites

Very funny pythonesque idea Grendel. Not for me though, never will be. I'm completely in favour of NOPM (does that qualify me for a legal threat??) and it needs a season or two to start kicking in. The gauge of success for NOPM 'll take longer than a few months, there'll be plenty of denial it's working but really...it's only just December...I think we're still in a honeymoon period, this really is going to get worse. I'll never condone the actions of leaving the Ricoh, therefore I'll never go to Sixfields. And I'm happy to repeat that again and again and... I'll happily give my cash to Cov Rugby.

SkyblueBazza

Worse case scenario was gates of 3,000. So income is 30% down on lowest hope. This is a lot of extra money for them to find every week. Extra pressure on them when they fail on all these threats.

Hmmm...we do only have SISUs word that 3000 was the worst case scenario though. So I wouldn't attach much credibility to that figure. Could have been bravado & the real fugue is 6000...or likewise could have budgeted for zero in reality.
The fact is that a fool & his money are easily parted apparently...so maybe SISUs backers are fools, or maybe they will soon bite SISUs bum & withdraw support. Yes CCFC will then be in an even worse mess...but then maybe a "cut your losses" plan might kick in & they ride off into the sunset? Thus leaving the way open for more reasonable owners to come in & make a sensible offer for a share in the Ricoh, we can then move back & everyone bar SISU will be happy.
On the other hand pigs might fly.

wingy

Maybe he means they rent the Police and everything else for what the costs are for :thinking about:

No he was Insistent while Clive called It matchday costs,wanted to emphasise It .There may be a complication over the term used IN SISU eyes If the Old lease Is not dead yet while the Liquidation Is Incomplete ,It may be he Insists Its rent while they Insist they can't possibly go back to the Old landlord tennant arrangement ,or other future Legals ,or I'm over analysing.

SkyBlueHomer

I don't expect you or any of us to see any evidence yet, this plan NOPM is going to take at least a couple of season's to take hold. Based on average of only 1 in 5 supporters turning up at Northampton I would be surprised if questions are not being asked behind the scenes

J

Jack Griffin

No he was Insistent while Clive called It matchday costs,wanted to emphasise It .There may be a complication over the term used IN SISU eyes If the Old lease Is not dead yet while the Liquidation Is Incomplete ,It may be he Insists Its rent while they Insist they can't possibly go back to the Old landlord tennant arrangement ,or other future Legals ,or I'm over analysing.

Just semantics, what really matters is the cost to the club per attendee... now that is a breakdown I'd like to see compared in Northampton & in Coventry.

Obviously with a 2500 crowd in Coventry it would be more, but that isn't what would happen as the crowd would inflate to 15000 plus on current form.

Grendel

How can you say that when you have not got any details?
Talk about fighting the cause based on party lines.

Because many of the costs are to with ground maintenance - heating, lighting, the pitch maintenance etc these are not paid for in the ground share.

Fighting causes? You'd just throw the towel in and watch park football.

Grendel

Just semantics, what really matters is the cost to the club per attendee... now that is a breakdown I'd like to see compared in Northampton & in Coventry.

Obviously with a 2500 crowd in Coventry it would be more, but that isn't what would happen as the crowd would inflate to 15000 plus on current form.

Irrelevant - neither arrangement will give the club long term sustainability.

italiahorse

Because many of the costs are to with ground maintenance - heating, lighting, the pitch maintenance etc these are not paid for in the ground share.

Watching football on tv only now and touring in my vw bus !!!

italiahorse

The same costs associated with owning your own ground? I despair !!!

pw362

Was told by an ex player that CCFC FPA had to pay ACL 10 grand to use the Ricoh for the legends match in august.

Grendel

Was told by an ex player that CCFC FPA had to pay ACL 10 grand to use the Ricoh for the legends match in august.

ACL fans keep their heads down and hope this post gets ignored.....

Grendel

I wouldn't personally do chinese whispers as they are seldom 100% factual.
The accounts will show the information, unless .......

Unlike newspaper articles of course, they are well known for 100 accuracy hence the phrase - always believe what you read in the papers.

mark_ccfc

Note: I believe the only reason SISU are continuing with their hardball tactics is that they won thr right to a Judicial Review. If this had been kicked out I think their attitude may have changed. This is the only thing that worries me, SISU are expert at this kind of thing (unlike running football clubs). Will be interesting to see when this is scheduled for.

The council and ACL need to get this right and get the best legal support, I think this is key. If SISU were sent on their way I think CCC/ACL could keep going indefinitely without the club thus taking away the ability of SISU to put any pressure on them.

GaryPendrysEyes

The interesting thing with the JR decision is it increases the potential reward for Sisu but also the risk, in that this just goes on longer and longer, with more lost revenue.. maybe well past Sisu's planned timescales....

Users who are viewing this thread