This team must stick together next season (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

The potential is there the last 4 months top 6 championship form. Now this proper scintillating cup run.

Add 4/5 more we can challenge Autos.

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree - the thing that strikes me is that we /whichever team, need luck with injuries during the season. Although we expect to strengthen, we can't expect to have 2 x Hamers, 2 x O'hare's, 2 x Sakanotos in all 11 positions. In the PL yes, but - as we saw with Wolves yesterday, if you have a number of injuries to the key players, it can undo all your planning. On the plus side, that's where it is good to have a few players with versatility (e.g. a Lati type or two)

pusbccfc

Gutted O'Hare is walking away from this.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Honestly even if we would have lost that performance was so fucking impressive

We were fantastic - forget about under Robins that is the best performance I have seen any CCFC side put in
We all moan about individual players throughout the season, in every game. but if we had a chance yesterday they had to be perfect. To a man they were brilliant we outclassed Wolves the goalkeeper was the reason it was tie it was. It would have been a cricket score if it weren’t for him.

napolimp

I agree

Sheff United are giving the impression of a complete basket case off the field

Luton I think will do okay, but I have doubts that they would have another season like last in them

Burnley probs strongest of the lot

You'd think Forest would come down once the points deduction gets added, but their run in is best case scenario, whilst Luton's is horrible.

Martin180

There will be interest in Simms , Wright , MvE, Sheaf and Kitching as all of them yesterday showed the ability to play at a higher level . Keeping hold of the majority of them is key to a promotion push , that’s if we don’t go up this season !

Brighton Sky Blue

There will be interest in Simms , Wright , MvE, Sheaf and Kitching as all of them yesterday showed the ability to play at a higher level . Keeping hold of the majority of them is key to a promotion push , that’s if we don’t go up this season !
Except for Sheaf, all of their values will peak next summer, not this one. If Sheaf is to be sold though, this summer is the one where we'll get the best price-but not sure if we want another rebuild job with O'Hare also departing.

Hertsccfc

Except for Sheaf, all of their values will peak next summer, not this one. If Sheaf is to be sold though, this summer is the one where we'll get the best price-but not sure if we want another rebuild job with O'Hare also departing.
I think it will be very difficult to keep Sheaf if we don't go up. He seems ambitious and will want to take the opportunity to step up and I wouldn't blame him at all.

Martin180

Absolutely and I’m not advocating selling any of them but yesterday’s game would’ve alerted more than a few clubs . If we do get a crazy bid for any of them it will be difficult to turn down but I think this summer will be a lot less frenetic than last summer

Martin180

I think it will be very difficult to keep Sheaf if we don't go up. He seems ambitious and will want to take the opportunity to step up and I wouldn't blame him at all.
Hasn’t he got 3 years left ? Would have to be a substantial bid for us to let him leave . On the flip side all the players must see the potential within the squad so leaving next summer might be short sighted

Brighton Sky Blue

Sure, but if clubs want him enough they'll be prepared to pay an appropriate fee. Hamer went for £15 mill with a year to run on his deal, Sheaf who is English and has longer to go should be going for more.

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely and I’m not advocating selling any of them but yesterday’s game would’ve alerted more than a few clubs . If we do get a crazy bid for any of them it will be difficult to turn down but I think this summer will be a lot less frenetic than last summer
They would need to be crazy bids indeed but I think Kitching/Thomas/MVE still have another season of development to do to achieve the consistency needed to attract higher clubs. Sheaf has done that this season, those players are a bit behind.

Martin180

They would need to be crazy bids indeed but I think Kitching/Thomas/MVE still have another season of development to do to achieve the consistency needed to attract higher clubs. Sheaf has done that this season, those players are a bit behind.
Totally agree , even Sheaf would have to improve more to be a Premier league regular

Londonccfcfan

If we lose one big player every summer but get 2-3 next big stars in every summer you would think we will still achieve our goals sooner or later

Don't wanna lose sheaf though
Gyokores potential windfall...May not Need to sell anyone.
Fa cup money. ( already 1.5M)
add another 1-2k season tickets.

mmttww

I'm expecting we'll start next season with...

Collins
Wilson
MvE
Thomas
Latibeaudiere
Kitching
Bidwell
Da Silva
Sheaf
Eccles
Torp
Palmer
Allen
Sakamoto
EMC
Wright
Simms
Tavares

Burroughs
Howley
Obikwu
Andrews

Just let that sink in vs. previous summers.

Any notable sales will likely be 8 figures, to be used by a recruitment team that picked up Simms, Wright, Sakamoto, Torp Thomas, Kitching, Latibeaudiere, EMC and MvE in two windows. Mad stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread