Thomas (1 Viewer)

kg82

So, in light of us not being able to sign or sell anyone and assuming it will stay like that in to the summer, what happens with the sale of Connor Thomas then? Does anybody know?

SkyBlue_Am

Well from what i know Liverpool have only loaned him with an option to buy for around a million? so depends on how he is performing at Liverpool, As the deal was done in January it should still be valid but im sure there will be plenty of other clubs looking at him now.

DazzleTommyDazzle

So, in light of us not being able to sign or sell anyone and assuming it will stay like that in to the summer, what happens with the sale of Connor Thomas then? Does anybody know?

The embargo was in place because we hadn't filed our accounts. My guess is that the auditors wouldn't sign the accounts, unqualified, without SISU's confirmation of further financial support. Given that SISU have now put in the extra £7m (or £8m, depending on which version you've heard) I'd expect the accounts to be ready for filing soon.

Anyway, I'd always thought that a transfer embargo stopped you buying or loaning in players. I thought you could still sell or loan out. That would make sense as, if a club's in financial trouble, stopping them selling players would seem an odd way of encouraging them to sort out their money troubles - but of course we are talking about football's governing bodies here - so anything's possible. Does anyone know for sure what the poition is?

Jimthor

I'm pretty sure when i first read about the transfer embargo, it was mentioned that it was just stopping us getting players in. And the reason the Platt/King loans fell through is because we wouldnt be able to loan anyone in to replace them.

Darth Robins

I'm pretty sure when i first read about the transfer embargo, it was mentioned that it was just stopping us getting players in. And the reason the Platt/King loans fell through is because we wouldnt be able to loan anyone in to replace them.

They confirmed last week it stops any player movement at all, in or out.

ccfcadz

It doesnt normally mean no movement, what would be the point in that. "Your about to go into administration but you cant sell any players"
:confused:

kg82

Doesn't mean you can't release players though. I guess the thinking behind it is that even if you sell players there is no obligation by the football club to pay money back - at least not straight away. So why should the football club be allowed to make money when they owe money. That is purely a guess but it's the best I can come up with!

hitmanhearns

i thought dulieu said the embargo was because of £100,000 between us and another club.

Users who are viewing this thread