Thorn Post Match Interview (2 Viewers)

I can see where your coming from so maybe take Thomas out put baker or mcsheffrey in and give one of them some freedom to roam. just a different option

It's a tricky one, the addition of Sheffers or Baker doesn't exactly excite either! I couldn't go on Saturday, although I will be at Donny, and it sounds like there is the need for a change. Let's be proactive, have a good week in training, and turn over a team around us at their own place. Get some positivity going and be brave with the team selection. With that in mind, I'd play two keepers in a 7-1-1 formation..! In all seriousness, I'm not sure. I think for the Doncaster game, I'd be tempted to change it to a 4-4-2, given the available playing staff.

Juke, Cody
McSheffrey, Clingan, Deegan, Baker
Hussey, Wood, Keogh, Christie
Murphy

That line up doesn't particularly excite me, but there are a couple in there with something to prove and I would be explicitly suggesting we are playing 4-2-4 in attack, with McSheffrey and Baker way up the pitch toward the by-line and the two centre midfielders sitting deeper and trotting forward at will when we are in possession. I would be telling McSheffrey and Baker that they are going to cover more ground than anyone else on the pitch (on either team), working backwards and forwards, helping the young full backs and always presenting an option. They would know I am unimpressed with this season's showing, but would be confident that I knew they were very capable players. When their legs tired, they would come off.

On this season's showing, they would probably let me down. But, if I let them know of the plan a couple of days before, make it explicit and get them watching how the likes of Milner played yesterday with a coach, hopefully they would take the chance with relish. I'm a dreamer who grew up with Championship Manager, what can I say?!

It is a catch 22. Do we change it for what’s arguably the biggest game of the season or do we stick with what we know (Although it may not be working) I would like to see a change myself. We need to use the wing more and put more crosses in because it seems the Juke and Cody thrives on the balls in the box.

I would go the same for 442 but i like the look of this with a 352 (wingback)

Murphy

Wood Keogh Cameron

Christie Hussey

Thomas
Clingan Deegan

Cody Juke

I can’t go to Donny but i will be going Millwall a week tomorrow . Let’s hope by 10pm next Tuesday will be talking about the positives out of the past 2 games and not the negatives.

Last edited:

stupot07

Well I don't miss many games and my view is this is as boring a style of football I have seen. Sterile sideways passing, no width crosses or shots.

Dull, dull, dull.

We could go back to the "winning football" style of Boothroyd - plenty of forward passes there.

stupot07

It's a tricky one, the addition of Sheffers or Baker doesn't exactly excite either! I couldn't go on Saturday, although I will be at Donny, and it sounds like there is the need for a change. Let's be proactive, have a good week in training, and turn over a team around us at their own place. Get some positivity going and be brave with the team selection. With that in mind, I'd play two keepers in a 7-1-1 formation..! In all seriousness, I'm not sure. I think for the Doncaster game, I'd be tempted to change it to a 4-4-2, given the available playing staff.

Juke, Cody
McSheffrey, Clingan, Deegan, Baker
Hussey, Wood, Keogh, Christie
Murphy

That line up doesn't particularly excite me, but there are a couple in there with something to prove and I would be explicitly suggesting we are playing 4-2-4 in attack, with McSheffrey and Baker way up the pitch toward the by-line and the two centre midfielders sitting deeper and trotting forward at will when we are in possession. I would be telling McSheffrey and Baker that they are going to cover more ground than anyone else on the pitch (on either team), working backwards and forwards, helping the young full backs and always presenting an option. They would know I am unimpressed with this season's showing, but would be confident that I knew they were very capable players. When their legs tired, they would come off.

On this season's showing, they would probably let me down. But, if I let them know of the plan a couple of days before, make it explicit and get them watching how the likes of Milner played yesterday with a coach, hopefully they would take the chance with relish. I'm a dreamer who grew up with Championship Manager, what can I say?!

You obviously haven't seen mcsheffery or baker on the wing....when mcsheffery helps out the defence it usually results in us conceding a goal! ;o)

You obviously haven't seen mcsheffery or baker on the wing....when mcsheffery helps out the defence it usually results in us conceding a goal! ;o)

I have, unfortunately. My line up was made under the assumption they have their best ever game of football since childhood. Anything else, I would drag them off after 60 minutes at the most, ignoring them as they vacate the pitch and then leaving them behind in Donny as the coach departed.

covcity4life

behave peeps, he jsut didnt wrap him in up in cotten wool

it was a stupid 2 foot challenge,brigi needs to not do it again,not have ppl feeling sorry for him

Kuklinski

To be fair to Thorn, he has praised the youngsters often enough since he took charge, but at some point they need to realise it isn't a one way street, much like life, you have to take the good with the bad. Brigi has had plenty of praise so far when he has played well, so why shouldn't he face criticism when he has cost us?

Kuklinski

On the subject of Bigi, Golden Gael has just won the 14.40 at Chepstow, 8/1. I was going to have a sneaky bet on it but I had layed the favourite so didn't want to go against my system.

Users who are viewing this thread