Thorn (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Disgrace today mate, sorry!! The stewards punch swings have been more entertaining than your negative attitude!

You still dont want to give it a go, joke! You cant blame sisu for the awful display and lack of fight! Even if they are sunday league they should ve fighting like lions!

BackRoomRummermill

What amazed me is that all season he never slagged off sisu ............. until Millwall.

Wonder why :facepalm:Maybe the 250K he earnt before he mouthed off

Fuck off thorn you greedy twat

Nick

Administrator
I dont care what players he has, if we fought like lions and lost it wouldnt be so bad! We didnt give a shit, negative football, no passion!

Lloyd

I dont care what players he has, if we fought like lions and lost it wouldnt be so bad! We didnt give a shit, negative football, no passion!
i was surprised at the football today, i was expecting fight after what he said, no idea what happened

blueflint

were a shite football team come back peter ried god this season has been awful

cornoccfc

What amazed me is that all season he never slagged off sisu ............. until Millwall.

Wonder why :facepalm:Maybe the 250K he earnt before he mouthed off

Fuck off thorn you greedy twat

I don't think anyone would badmouth their employer and risk getting sacked!

kdrinkell

AT is a scout in managers clothing,if he had an ounce of pride under all that cellulite he would of walked/waddled ages ago.

No respect for him or sisu

BCFC Exile

I think if Thorn remains, and that can surely only happen if Sisu somehow manage to stay in business, I think you will be fighting another relegation.

If a new owner comes in and Thorn is still under contract (when does it run out?) the new owners might give him a chance but you'll be bottom after 5 games and he'll be sacked. As others have said he may be a good scout but he has not shown any credentials as a manager has he really. I would be demoralised after one of his team talks not motivated as i should be.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thorn is not a disgrace, he and the players did there best but it wasn't good enough. You only have to look at todays squad for the real reason we have been relegated.

Only 6 experienced players in the squad and one of them was unfit in Baker, yea he could and maybe should have done better but there are much bigger things wrong with Coventry City than the manager at the moment.

Hopefully next season we can go into it with new owners and a proven manager in charge. I would take him back as a chief scout instantly if he would accept.

Nick

Administrator
Thorn is not a disgrace, he and the players did there best but it wasn't good enough. You only have to look at todays squad for the real reason we have been relegated.

Did they really do their best today? Why did Thorn not even go for the game? Why not go all out for the win? He set the stall out negative.

I couldn't care if he had 11 players in wheelchairs out there today, as long as they gave 100% effort and showed passion then losing wouldn't be as bad. When it is quite clear they don't care it is a whole lot different.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Did they really do their best today? Why did Thorn not even go for the game? Why not go all out for the win? He set the stall out negative.

I couldn't care if he had 11 players in wheelchairs out there today, as long as they gave 100% effort and showed passion then losing wouldn't be as bad. When it is quite clear they don't care it is a whole lot different.
They didn't perform their best, what I meant is I think the majority of players and the coaching staff tried their best over the course of the season.

Maybe he could have went gung ho earlier on but I felt we were dominating the second half and could only see one winner but we still had to be wary of the counter. When the penalty and red card was given that demoralised the players big time, I don't know weather they were aware of the Bristol score or not. Got to say I don't think the crowd disturbances helped much after as the players were clearly distracted when the second goal went in.

tomreagna

Under the circumstances, Thorn has done the best he could. He's got his failings, but ultimately his squad is shit.

Compared to the budgets that previously experience managers were given, who successively seemed to achieve 17th place, I'm not sure he's done a bad job. Whether he's the man to lead us to promotion depends on opinion and what the alternatives are?

On a side note, since relegation, been listening to "we are scientists- the great escape": seems to sum up our situation!

Il Pirata

Nearly all of the experienced players are mentally weak, shirkers if you like, that's why they play at a broke, bottom end of the Championship club. We've got 2-3 who don't fit this bill, then the rest are kids. So you can't expect this team to have great spirit and fight. They fought well enough for a couple of months up until Bristol, and there was optimism, but ultimately that game, the draw with Peterborough and Bristol's win at Forest killed belief. You can always try hard, but being inconsistent and unskilled has been a problem all season. The playing squad just hasn't been good enough over the season.

Another manager could have done better than Thorn, sure. They could have got more out of these players. SISU went with Thorn because he was a) cheap, b) would put up with their shite, and c) has a philosophy that suits the academy players and young lads who would inevitably have to come in and fill the gaps created by them letting key players go for nothing.

sylus

we had a squad there more than capable of stayin in this league...but thorn and his gutless.clueless.passionless.tactic made the squad look like what they were...the worst team in the league..

SkyBlue_Bear83

we had a squad there more than capable of stayin in this league...but thorn and his gutless.clueless.passionless.tactic made the squad look like what they were...the worst team in the league..
No we don't, go look at the squad today and tell me that is one capable of surving.

Our squad isn't good, consistent or big enough to compete for 46 games is this league.

Otis

Under the circumstances, Thorn has done the best he could. He's got his failings, but ultimately his squad is shit.

Compared to the budgets that previously experience managers were given, who successively seemed to achieve 17th place, I'm not sure he's done a bad job. Whether he's the man to lead us to promotion depends on opinion and what the alternatives are?

On a side note, since relegation, been listening to "we are scientists- the great escape": seems to sum up our situation!

He has done the best he could.

We had someone on CWR earlier though who said he had done brilliantly.

If brilliantly means 2nd from bottom and relegation I would hate to have seen him do badly. :eek:

sylus

No we don't, go look at the squad today and tell me that is one capable of surving.

Our squad isn't good, consistent or big enough to compete for 46 games is this league.

sure the squad is very thin,im not saying it wasnt....but if for all 45 games of the season..we gave 110% effort,and after 90mins..the players were absolutely knackered for giving there all...we would not of been relegated today...and that costs nothing..

Vale87

I feel that some of our fans have been quick to praise Thorn when we win, yet when we lose it is everyone else's fault, this cannot be right, if you take the praise you must also take the criticism.
Today was possibly the weakest, most spineless team I have ever witnessed during my 48 years of following the sky blues, and the lack of passion was hard to take
If Thorn, Harrison & Oggy remain then I fear the worst for next season

SkyBlue_Bear83

sure the squad is very thin,im not saying it wasnt....but if for all 45 games of the season..we gave 110% effort,and after 90mins..the players were absolutely knackered for giving there all...we would not of been relegated today...and that costs nothing..
Yes we would have, the players excluding 1/2 who have rarely played have given 110% effort and we have been relegated.

The players are knackered, probably why we have suffered so many injuries and knocks this season.

sylus

it was just a shame the 87 side was there to witness that shit.......this current squad isn't even good enough to lace there boots..87 side was true legends...who worked hard for each other and the club and fans...i almost felt embarrased

Il Pirata

No, there simply wasn't. Because there has been a chronic lack of goals in the team for too much of the season. Jutkiewicz battled hard but he's not a real scorer, then he was sold. McDonald was out injured. Platt, McSheffrey, O'Donovan....We've scored 41 goals in 45 games.

It wasn't until we could bring in Nimely, Norwood and get McDonald back that the team had a genuine attacking threat. Norwood relieved the pressure on the kids in midfield, and gave us a chance to drop the floundering Clingan, and Nimely gave us genuine pace and skill, something we completely lacked beforehand.

Too many of our first team players are simply crap or have played like it. Everyone knows who they are. Flashes of ability and little spells.

Finally, the small squad meant that when we lost a good player it was terrible. When we lost a few it was a disaster, we were promoting the academy.

If your point is that a team of Murphy, Christie, Keogh, Cranie, Hussey, Clingan, Norwood, Deegan, McSheffrey, Nimely and McDonald is good enough to keep us around 15th or so in the league I agree. But that is not the team that we had for large parts of the season.

Grendel

I don't think anyone would badmouth their employer and risk getting sacked!

Have you ever seen WWF wrestling? Has it not occured to you the Fisher Thorn spat may have been stage managed?:facepalm:

Ibby

the club have asked him to stay on as manager for next season. We need new owners really and it so sad this club has gone down.

Users who are viewing this thread