Threat from set pieces (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Despite our relative success last season, the one area that I felt we were rarely a threat (Hamers technique aside) was from set pieces. We were a relatively small team with little aerial threat, and even Vik didn't provide much, despite his physique. This season, we seem to have acquired a couple of tall strikers who seem to offer much more of a threat, Thomas apparently scores a few, and Binks looks like he ought to provide a serious threat. Hopefully this helps replace a few of Viks goals. Looking forward to see if this is an improved threat from us next season.

slowpoke

We were rubbish in that area, can’t remember the last headed goal from a cross ball last season other than Vik’s at Sheffield, heading from cross balls and corners certainly not a Gorkeres strong point.
We really only had McFadzeen any real threat from corners etc.
Thought Hamers deliveries improved through the season though but no end product. we have more height this season I hope & expect us to be working on it and be a lot better threat.

Mucca Mad Boys

With two strikers, two CBs standing at 6”3/4 strikers plus Fadz… you would hope we’re building a team that can cause more of a threat at set piece time.

Thomas scored 7 goals last season, surely he’s got to get a few.

slowpoke

I was reading about Bobby Thomas the other day and apparently heading is a strong point in his game. So hopefully he does get a few.

alexccfc99

w
We were rubbish in that area, can’t remember the last headed goal from a cross ball last season other than Vik’s at Sheffield, heading from cross balls and corners certainly not a Gorkeres strong point.
We really only had McFadzeen any real threat from corners etc.
Thought Hamers deliveries improved through the season though but no end product. we have more height this season I hope & expect us to be working on it and be a lot better threat.
Seem to remember Panzo scoring from a corner and Fadz against Norwich away only for it to be chalked off

Any others have long faded from the memory

Deity

I totally agree with this point.

I think we lack creativity and imagination from set plays. I’m sure we must work on them but you would never know. It’s rare we do something that looks very choreographed.

Hutch11

Hamers corner , Wilson bundle into the net , Wembley aside and maybe even Wembley included , the best moment of the season for me

Users who are viewing this thread