Thursday 4th May (1 Viewer)

Ashdown

There isn’t any single party to represent me anymore. They are all mostly self serving career politicians that spend most of their time in office feathering their own nests. Locally they all come out with the same old shit and all are overridden nationally anyway or swayed by big business. In SW Leics, we have no police to speak of, the roads are appalling, you never see any tangible signs of improvement , , it’s difficult to see a doctor and nigh on impossible to get a dentist, nothing new, no investment in improving quality of life.

mmttww

There isn’t any single party to represent me anymore. They are all mostly self serving career politicians that spend most of their time in office feathering their own nests. Locally they all come out with the same old shit and all are overridden nationally anyway or swayed by big business. In SW Leics, we have no police to speak of, the roads are appalling, you never see any tangible signs of improvement , , it’s difficult to see a doctor and nigh on impossible to get a dentist, nothing new, no investment in improving quality of life.
Exactly this. Lucky for me that my local MP seems to be an exception to the rule (Zarah Sultana).

Last edited:

Adge

It's a hard choice when they are all pricks isn't it?
It certainly is and all we’re left with is the option to vote for Twat A or Twat B and a damage limitation process.

Adge

It's a bit of weird one that.

Working class people supposedly vote Labour, and that passes down through the generations. There are quite a lot of working class people. Yet somehow for three quarters of the last 40-odd years we've had a Conservative or Conservative-led government. Go figure.
Fair. It will soon swing the other way again regarding your point ref generations. Once the over 50’s and 60’s Conservative voters die and phase out, who do you think the 40% school leavers attending university (which is now more accessible) with blue and green hair will vote for?

rob9872

Fair. It will soon swing the other way again regarding your point ref generations. Once the over 50’s and 60’s Conservative voters die and phase out, who do you think the 40% school leavers attending university (which is now more accessible) with blue and green hair will vote for?
Initially, until they too become middle aged and a little wiser 😉

Astute

Yeah, but I am well annoyed. It was my own birthday just a few weeks ago and not one of you on here wished me happy birthday, despite my not telling anyone when my birthday was. 🤬
It was my birthday a few weeks ago also.

Are we twins? 🤔

duffer

Initially, until they too become middle aged and a little wiser 😉

Prepare to be disappointed, that's by no means as certain as once it was.

For me at least, the far more worrying shift is from one-nation Conservatives, to the far-right extremism that seems to be taking hold in many of the current generation of Tories.

ceetee

I'll try up respond t!o both aspects of this thread.

I also had a very recent birthday which is why my friends treated me to the Platinum experience against Reading but I missed the Bham game because it was the only weekend the family could get together.

As for the politics it's obvious that a lot of working class people vote Conservative. I never have but like many others, I see the Labour party as being taken care over by middle class lefties with a much more privileged upbringing than I had.

shmmeee

I'll try up respond t!o both aspects of this thread.

I also had a very recent birthday which is why my friends treated me to the Platinum experience against Reading but I missed the Bham game because it was the only weekend the family could get together.

As for the politics it's obvious that a lot of working class people vote Conservative. I never have but like many others, I see the Labour party as being taken care over by middle class lefties with a much more privileged upbringing than I had.

What the left has been missing for about 30 years now is the Union rep to MP pipeline. Mass employment meant reps who could speak to a wide range of people convincingly and understand their POV. Now it’s lifetime campaigners and charity workers who have only had to shout and wave placards and never come to and understanding of the people they serve.

There needs to be something which gets talented working class people involved in politics but buggered if I know what.

Brighton Sky Blue

What the left has been missing for about 30 years now is the Union rep to MP pipeline. Mass employment meant reps who could speak to a wide range of people convincingly and understand their POV. Now it’s lifetime campaigners and charity workers who have only had to shout and wave placards and never come to and understanding of the people they serve.

There needs to be something which gets talented working class people involved in politics but buggered if I know what.

In one word, unions. The new general secretary of NEU is very impressive indeed.

NorthernWisdom

Tories did some futile door knocking (even the poor woman I argued with accepted my view was not uncommon!), nobody else has even bothered to send me aleaflet.

So, it'll be voting for the councillors who responded when I emailed about Wasps, voting for AN Other rather than the ones who didn't.

Nick

Administrator
Exactly this. Lucky for me that my local MP seems to be an exception to the rule (Zarah Sultana).

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

Grendel

Hilarious you put me on ignore for wumming, she's a moron

Grendel

Could've sworn you've said somewhere how helpful she was to you!

That was Geoffreys replacement who seems to at least take the job seriously - Zara thinks she is some kind of media icon - she literally cannot avoid a photo shoot

I guess there are some posts where I supported the Stop The War Coalition and probably agree on Russia Ukraine with her

Users who are viewing this thread