Ticket Prices (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Interesting piece on twitter about ticket prices. To go on Liverpool's Kop sets you back £46.00.
A season ticket at Arsenal will cost £1,020 but to watch Bayern Munich a season ticket is a snip at £114.00 !
I paid £24.00 on Saturday to watch a league one match at the Ricoh. Something stinks here and ripped off about sums it up !

RFC

Interesting piece on twitter about ticket prices. To go on Liverpool's Kop sets you back £46.00.
A season ticket at Arsenal will cost £1,020 but to watch Bayern Munich a season ticket is a snip at £114.00 !
I paid £24.00 on Saturday to watch a league one match at the Ricoh. Something stinks here and ripped off about sums it up !

Quite right but you need to look at the PL & FL governing bodies who dictate policy here, think you'll find they only allow us 6 reduced price promotional games!

JPT a week tomorrow £5 v Exeter.

Pays your money and takes your choice.

bringbackrattles

Quite right but you need to look at the PL & FL governing bodies who dictate policy here, think you'll find they only allow us 6 reduced price promotional games!

JPT a week tomorrow £5 v Exeter.

Pays your money and takes your choice.
How can Bayern be so reasonable in pricing while over here we get hammered by prices ?

ccfc92

Different governing bodies isn't it :(

I think all of Germany is cheap, not just Bayern.

That's what I heard too.

I think it's Bayern IIRC who said:

Money does not matter to us, we negotiate that in a transfer deal with minimal effect. £2-300 though, means a lot to our fans.

Or something to that effect :claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
IF you work it out on 70,000 for Bayern with 17 home games at that price it works out at 580k per game if they were all season ticket holders. Nice!

Saying that, I bet that doesn't cover player wages.

wingy

Was a tad confused By Mr Waggot on the phone In on Friday evening .

Said they had special dispensation from the league to up it from the starting Sixfields pricing .

the remit was to return to 2012-2013 pricing ,on st's i believe they have .

Yet IIRC matchday prices were £18 for night games and £20 on Saturdays POG.

Covstu

Didnt Everton and Liverpool conduct a protest march this week about gate prices? They are way too high but sadly the going rate given the cost of players these days. Look how much both clubs have spent in the transfer market this season, where do they think this money is coming from??!

ccfc92

Didnt Everton and Liverpool conduct a protest march this week about gate prices? They are way too high but sadly the going rate given the cost of players these days. Look how much both clubs have spent in the transfer market this season, where do they think this money is coming from??!

To be fair, tickets are a drop in the ocean.

Sponsorship, corporate boxes, merchandise and globalization are where the money is. Especially for the big clubs, in Asia etc...

Covstu

To be fair, tickets are a drop in the ocean.

Sponsorship, corporate boxes, merchandise and globalization are where the money is. Especially for the big clubs, in Asia etc...

Not a drop in the ocean for job public however. The TV money is the biggest cash cow for clubs still.

ccfc92

Not a drop in the ocean for job public however. The TV money is the biggest cash cow for clubs still.

Yeahh :(

Again, the globalization to Asia in the past 20 odd years, have added the demand to games being shown worldwide, and willing to pay, so TV rights are huge money because of the likes of Man U getting every Asian country supporting Man U years ago :( if only Coventry did it then :thinking about:

CJ_covblaze

That's what happens when every club has to be majority owned by it's fans.

Users who are viewing this thread