Tim Fisher: You can't handle the truth! (1 Viewer)

RegTheDonk

This is a terrible letter, a cock eyed rant, turning SBT into a shouty SISU out brigade. Getting personal with "Tim" shows a lack of professionalism and dignity which the Trust should rise above.

There is also the arrogant assumption that a show of hands at a forum represents the view of every Coventry supporter (and trust member)

I want the trust to take a really scrutineering, interregatory approach and engaging the RIGHT media to tell the story of the mismanagement of this club. Saturday afternoon jaunts to London and faintly ridiculous ultimatums mean that sadly the Trust, with behaviour like this risks being sidelined by ANY future owners.

It isn't very professional, but if genuine, thank god they are finally telling Tim like it is.

If this isn't a wind up, and it DOES go on the Trust's website, its about time they blew off. But they've got the approach all wrong - over 30 questions, none of which will be answered with any honesty, and we probably wouldn't belive Fisher anyway. Waste of time.

The Trust may as well burn their bridges with SISU as they haven't got a prayer of getting any kind of say in the club, because money talks in this game, and compared to SISU they are a non-entitiy. So rather than cosy up to any of these bigwigs, they need to start showing their teeth and balls and start canvassing their members (via email perhaps) for what they intend to do.

A few protests, big deal. Fair play to those who go, but it won't make a scrap of difference. The only thing SISU understand is money, so find out how your members stand (screw Telegraph polls, talk to your members) .... ask them WILL they boycott home games outside of Coventry. WILL they refuse to follow SISU to a "new Highfield Road". Two simple questions, not 30+ confusing ones. And if you get a decent YES response, then thats what you put on your website and encourage all members to do. Kick SISU in the financial nuts, if thats what the Trust membership wants.

Stop the fannying around, get canvassing and get a mandate one way or the other. And no, I'm not PSGM2.

luwalla

I'm a member if the trust too,, but as quite a few others have said, i wonder if they even went to any of these forums, because he answers loads if those questions!

Not good guys :(

grego_gee

Oooh, an outing.

Can I come?

Yeh! If you're really lucky you might bump into the prospective new owners on SISU's doorstep!
On their way to negotiate buying the Football club....

.....until they see the revolting fans and do one!

I think the timing is just a wee bit questionable!

:pimp:

Moff

Somewhere PSGM1 is sporting a semi, yet can't work out why.
now_thats_funny-1967.gif

Godiva

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Out of the first 28 questions on the list Fisher answered 8 and even then not fully. AS for the trust not knowing what it stands for hardly surprisng I dont know what I stand for at the moment:p

Godiva

Out of the first 28 questions on the list Fisher answered 8 and even then not fully. AS for the trust not knowing what it stands for hardly surprisng I dont know what I stand for at the moment:p

At the moment???
Wasn't somebody on Monday trying to nail Fisher and Brookfield on the issue of limited's purpose as registered at the companies House?

lordsummerisle

Alan Partridge of the Sky Blues Trust interviews Tim Fisher:

[video=youtube;n5jpVbEL0jc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5jpVbEL0jc[/video]

What great squad they were building?

Do you really want me to entertain this?

Westwood, Dann, Turner, Gunnarsson, Fox... All PL players now. To name a few.

They then went on to sell Bigi and try and sell Conor Thomas etc.

Unless of course you think we have a better squad now in League 1?

lordsummerisle

But that particular comment of yours was after we'd sold Dann and Fox, you obviously agreed with that, or believed Ranson when he said that Wood and Hussey would be as good as not better than those two?

Dann not a PL player now anyway, and Turner and Gunnarsson still yet to play there.

Nick

Administrator
At the moment???
Wasn't somebody on Monday trying to nail Fisher and Brookfield on the issue of limited's purpose as registered at the companies House?

Yep, then got interrupted by somebody shouting and asking pointless questions I think.

Delboycov

If he is not in a position to answer questions about groundshare or position of new stadium because the FL won't approve the plans until we exit administration - then why keep asking those questions? Yes, they are important questions, but he simply can't tell for another two weeks or so.

I actually agree with you there....what I'm saying is we learned nothing from his answers ....other than he is extremely slippery and evasive..but I guess "I don't know" still qualifies as an actual answer.

fernandopartridge

They'd already sold Fox and Dann at the time of your post you drip.

wingy

Yep, then got interrupted by somebody shouting and asking pointless questions I think.
TBF Nick they sidestepped him by suggesting he was a Higgs stooge and were fully aware of his workings on here,Why was that?

Godiva

They were all sold or have their contract run down by the board headed by Ranson and Hoffman. Not Fisher's fault - and he is not actually going to criticise previous regimes under sisu. But he wasn't defending that either.

Godiva

I actually agree with you there....what I'm saying is we learned nothing from his answers ....other than he is extremely slippery and evasive..but I guess "I don't know" still qualifies as an actual answer.

He used 'don't know' when he could not justify or defend previous boards decisions.
He used 'can't tell' when he was questioned about groundshare and new stadium.

There's a difference.

And I actually didn't find him slippery or evasive - if only people would have let him explain without interrupting. But the forums are on youtube - go and listen if you really want to listen to what he said.

But that particular comment of yours was after we'd sold Dann and Fox, you obviously agreed with that, or believed Ranson when he said that Wood and Hussey would be as good as not better than those two?

Dann not a PL player now anyway, and Turner and Gunnarsson still yet to play there.

Ok so they'd already sold Dann and Fox. Promising to reinvest the money in the playing squad. Well done.

They then went on to break that promise and make further sales so what's your point?

Off on a tangent whenever it suits - are you Tim Fisher?

They were all sold or have their contract run down by the board headed by Ranson and Hoffman. Not Fisher's fault - and he is not actually going to criticise previous regimes under sisu. But he wasn't defending that either.

Where did I say it was Fisher's fault? SISU get the blame for that of course.

lordsummerisle

Ok so they'd already sold Dann and Fox. Promising to reinvest the money in the playing squad. Well done.

They then went on to break that promise and make further sales so what's your point?

Off on a tangent whenever it suits - are you Tim Fisher?

Are you ever right?

In an alternate time-line Ginetta digs up old posts of mine criticising Sisu and the running of the club after we have had two successful seasons in the Premiership, qualified for Europe and just bought the Freehold of the Ricoh Arena and just got a 100million pound new sponsorship deal for it and renamed it "The RBS Arena"(in this alternate timeline RBS are the most successful bank in World history, headed by beloved Lord Goodwin).

In this timeline however Ginetta is just a twat.

Are you ever right?

In an alternate time-line Ginetta digs up old posts of mine criticising Sisu and the running of the club after we have had two successful seasons in the Premiership, qualified for Europe and just bought the Freehold of the Ricoh Arena and just got a 100million pound new sponsorship deal for it and renamed it "The RBS Arena"(in this alternate timeline RBS are the most successful bank in World history, headed by beloved Lord Goodwin).

In this timeline however Ginetta is just a twat.

Oh dear. Throwing your toys out of the pram because you've been shown up again?

Sky Blue Kid

Originally Posted by cashless This is a terrible letter, a cock eyed rant, turning SBT into a shouty SISU out brigade. Getting personal with "Tim" shows a lack of professionalism and dignity which the Trust should rise above.

There is also the arrogant assumption that a show of hands at a forum represents the view of every Coventry supporter (and trust member)

I want the trust to take a really scrutineering, interregatory approach and engaging the RIGHT media to tell the story of the mismanagement of this club. Saturday afternoon jaunts to London and faintly ridiculous ultimatums mean that sadly the Trust, with behaviour like this risks being sidelined by ANY future owners.

Of course it doesn't represent every City Supporter.........But it does represent well over 13k of supporters:facepalm:

Godiva

Of course it doesn't represent every City Supporter.........But it does represent well over 13k of supporters:facepalm:

Really? How can you know?

mattylad

people should not have attended his forums in the first place so no point bleating about the content being a sham now...what did people expect that they weren't going to be some SISU publicity stunt.

Sky Blue Kid

Really? How can you know?

For a (Supposedly) clever man/woman....Don't you ever read the CT? over 13k City supporters signing a petition....every poll put up on this forum puts SISU way down the list of wanted owners....That is just the ones that DID manage to vote
I've always said the so called "Brainy ones" are thick as fuck!:mad:

RPHunt

I have never gone for the line that Fisher couldn't answer questions about ground share or location of a new stadium because the Football League hadn't yet approved the plans. What reason would there be for the Football League to object to disclosure of these details?

More likely that Fisher thinks there is a slight chance the Football League will be gullible enough to accept the plans if they haven't been held up to public ridicule.

Users who are viewing this thread