Time to move on (1 Viewer)

Otis

Reid needs to be on the left, Biamou did come on on the right and had a few good touches and some link up play.

No idea if he can whip a cross in though.

Just gives us some strength and aerial threat.

Think we believed that JMD was going to be the answer for the wing, but he has looked awfully lightweight.

Nick

Administrator
We don't actually play with wingers though, Brighton for example and Cheltenham and a few others have played with wingers. Everytime they get the ball we look up and look out wide to pick a winger out, then fill the box for the cross / pass.

Otis

We don't actually play with wingers though, Brighton for example and Cheltenham and a few others have played with wingers. Everytime they get the ball we look up and look out wide to pick a winger out, then fill the box for the cross / pass.
Yeah. I am straw clutching to be honest.

Londonccfcfan

Just got back in. Really encouraging performance especially second half. And yes they took their foot off the ball abit. Very encouraging. Indeed.

After the encouraging 2nd half and unlucky performance vs Colchester. It is indeed time to move on.

The Accrington game was very damaging indeed. But the following two performances have been light years better than Accrington. Shows players were truly Ill.

In fact we probabl6 created more chances in the game today than FGR and Accrington Combined.

Good to see some of the players pitting their wits vs much better opposition and not giving up till the end.

Deserved the ovation from the fans today. Pusb.

Ashdown

Just got back in. Really encouraging performance especially second half. And yes they took their foot off the ball abit. Very encouraging. Indeed.

After the encouraging 2nd half and unlucky performance vs Colchester. It is indeed time to move on.

The Accrington game was very damaging indeed. But the following two performances have been light years better than Accrington. Shows players were truly Ill.

In fact we probabl6 created more chances in the game today than FGR and Accrington Combined.

Good to see some of the players pitting their wits vs much better opposition and not giving up till the end.

Deserved the ovation from the fans today. Pusb.
Woooah, steady on pal, don't be too sensible, there are a few on here quickly tripping off their anti manager mantra as usual, just in case there could be any blame levelled at the owners again anytime soon.

Nick

Administrator
Woooah, steady on pal, don't be too sensible, there are a few on here quickly tripping off their anti manager mantra as usual, just in case there could be any blame levelled at the owners again anytime soon.
Or it's people who are watching the football and commenting on it, the same as all of the pundits today who said the same thing as some have for weeks and pointing the same things out?

Londonccfcfan

I couldn’t give two shits what the negative fuckers who don’t even attend games think tbh.

I have my opinions of what I see.

Players looked and oozed confidence man for man today and second half vs Colchester Cary on the same way and we win a lot of games.

Two types of persons in the world. The ones who seek and look for negatives or those that seek and look for positives.

There’s no doubting which camp I’m in.

Nonleagueherewecome

I ruled out Automatics after that awful FGR game anyway. Safe to say they are long gone now unless we pull something amazing out of the bag and everybody else has shockers.

Which one?!

Nick

Administrator
I couldn’t give two shits what the negative fuckers who don’t even attend games think tbh.

I have my opinions of what I see.

Players looked and oozed confidence man for man today and second half vs Colchester Cary on the same way and we win a lot of games.

Two types of persons in the world. The ones who seek and look for negatives or those that seek and look for positives.

There’s no doubting which camp I’m in.
There's a third, those who just see what's there. Unless we drastically change our approach and start trying to attack teams from the off rather than waiting to be losing we are in for a very tough remainder of the season.

Hopefully it will change and somebody will take a hammering from us to give us loads of confidence.

steve82

Autos were never a option to me this season, play offs at best.

Still plenty of points left to play for and JCH showed he's got some class today and will be a big player in the run in.

Otis

There's a third, those who just see what's there. Unless we drastically change our approach and start trying to attack teams from the off rather than waiting to be losing we are in for a very tough remainder of the season.

Hopefully it will change and somebody will take a hammering from us to give us loads of confidence.
Yep, there's also the group like me who are very much optimists and positive, but also are realistic enough to see what is actually occurring out there.

I always try to be positive, but ....

Facts are:

We are sliding down the table as it stands. Now 10th.

The gap is widening between us and nearly every single one of our rivals. 1 point off 3rd less than 3 weeks ago. Now 12 points adrift. Autos have gone.

We haven't had an unbeaten run of any note all season.

We have lost many more games than nearly all our rivals.

We don't create enough chances.

Our very good defence has let 2 goals in, in the last 3 matches.

We have lost 3 matches in a row.

When we go a goal down we hardly ever get back into the game and usually go on to lose.

Sure, we can turn our form around, but can we turn our form around to that of what is needed??

There is a clear trend and as we slip the pressure on us becomes greater.

I am a very positive person when it comes to the City, but I am also a realist.

Londonccfcfan

Yep, there's also the group like me who are very much optimists and positive, but also are realistic enough to see what is actually occurring out there.

Facts are:

The gap is widening between us and nearly every single one of our rivals. 1 point off 3rd less than 3 weeks ago. Now 12 points adrift. Autos have gone.

When we go a goal down we hardly ever get back into the game and usually go on to lose.

Sure, we can turn our form around, but can we turn our form around to that of what is needed??

Well we didn’t play today so how can we go up? Jeez lol, so obviously we would slide down abit.

Londonccfcfan

Facts are:

About losing games games Swindon have lost more than us and are 7 points ahead of us.??

Londonccfcfan

Facts are:

We had a very bad October and November , but turned it around in December and January.

And yes you are very negative or your statements come across as very negative.

Otis

We had a very bad October and November , but turned it around in December and January.

And yes you are very negative or your statements come across as very negative.
I totally and completely disagree.

They are not negative, they are factual.

This is where we were on the 30th Jan. Less than 3 weeks ago.

Screenshot_2018-02-17-13-12-36.png

I am not being negative, I am just stating facts and showing a trend.

1 point behind to 12 points behind. 4th place to 10th place.

Londonccfcfan

Facts are:

In this league very few teams even the teams in Autos, will win 4 then lose 4, as Accrington did in last 2/3 months.

They then win 3 and lose 2.

Most of the teams in top 9 above us are inconsistent. One of them loses every week.

There are no teams which go 23 games unbeaten. It’s nature of the league. The champions will lose 11 games in a season. Like Portsmouth last year.

Londonccfcfan

I totally and completely disagree.

They are not negative, they are factual.

This is where we were on the 30th Jan. Less than 3 weeks ago.

View attachment 9104

I am not being negative, I am just stating facts and showing a trend.

1 point behind to 12 points behind. 4th place to 10th place.

So what. We were 3rd when we played Exeter away a month ago. We were 8th after 90 mins later!

So fucking what.

Then two games later we were 4th highlighted by the table you show ffs.

Nick

Administrator
So what. We were 3rd when we played Exeter away a month ago. We were 8th after 90 mins later!

So fucking what.

Yes, we are now 10th as teams above have mostly picked up wins while we lost 3 playing for the draw.

Otis

In this league very few teams even the teams in Autos, will win 4 then lose 4, as Accrington did in last 2/3 months.

They then win 3 and lose 2.

Most of the teams in top 9 above us are inconsistent. One of them loses every week.

There are no teams which go 23 games unbeaten. It’s nature of the league. The champions will lose 11 games in a season. Like Portsmouth last year.
I am not at all sure of that.

15/16 - champions 5 defeats

14/15 - champions 8 defeats

13/14 - champions 8 defeats

12/13 - champions 9 defeats.

Otis

So fucking what.

Geez, you seem to be getting angry and I have no idea why.

All I have done I point our facts and anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not at all a negative person. Just not my nature.

I would be very stupid though to just ignore all the stats and say we are going to buck that trend.

We can of course make the playoffs, but it is becoming more and more difficult and we need to change the trend and the pattern of the season.

Nick

Administrator
That’s your opinion.
What's my opinion? We have lost, we have barely created a chance, robins said we need to be able to see out games.

I've seen other teams picking up wins and points, so many last minute winners flying in from teams gambling then I look at us and the ultra negative setup.

Londonccfcfan

Geez, you seem to be getting angry and I have no idea why.

All I have done I point our facts and anyone who knows me will tell you that I am not at all a negative person. Just not my nature.

I would be very stupid though to just ignore all the stats and say we are going to buck that trend.

We can of course make the playoffs, but it is becoming more and more difficult and we need to change the trend and the pattern of the season.

I’ve just given you stats we have turned around bad sequence of results before this season. But you refuse to believe we can turn around this little sequence of bad results. Especially after the way we have played last two games.

Otis

I’ve just given you stats we have turned around bad sequence of results before this season. But you refuse to believe we can turn around this little sequence of bad results. Especially after the way we have played last two games.
You unfortunately haven't been reading a number of my posts.

I have said several times that we can turn this round. Lost count of how many times I have said that. I don't refuse to believe we can turn this around at all.

All I have said (consistently) is that Robins needs to change things for us to get back on track.

Nick

Administrator
What do you mean the way we have played? Today we got bossed all first half, Colchester we got bossed all first half.

Colchester robins failed to go for the win and wanted to see out the draw and it back fired.

Today they were 3-0 up before we started actually trying to attack and not camp in our own half.

If we do the whole wait until we are losing before we commit anybody forward we don't do very well, especially against attacking teams.

It needs to be changed to go out at teams from the off and be the ones winning, the ones who then have to make the opposition work and maybe pick them off for more goals.

Londonccfcfan

Nope. Am shocked we are 12 points adrift, but it's not in my nature to stay upset about things. I accept it's over and am now fully focused on the top 7 only.

Good start looking at the positives.

It’s small steps, we need to get back to where we belong. Give Robins a chance. I believe he has made good small positive steps this season. We was never going to win it. It’s a building process.

I just can’t get over the constant incessant negativity from everyone on this site.

I was actually proud of the way we came back and performed in the second half today. Restored some belief.

Nick

Administrator

It’s small steps, we need to get back to where we belong. Give Robins a chance. I believe he has made good small positive steps this season. We was never going to win it. It’s a building process.

I just can’t get over the constant incessant negativity from everyone on this site.

I was actually proud of the way we came back and performed in the second half today. Restored some belief.

The football / system is negative so that's probably why people are when they watch it.

Yes jch battled well but it took us to be 3-0 down before we started to pass it forward.

The pundits were baffled by it.

You are raving about Colchester, it saw us get schooled all first half then equalise against the run of play which robins was happy to settle for rather than go for the win when we were on top through the spell after the goal.

Londonccfcfan

What do you mean the way we have played? Today we got bossed all first half, Colchester we got bossed all first half.

Colchester robins failed to go for the win and wanted to see out the draw and it back fired.

Today they were 3-0 up before we started actually trying to attack and not camp in our own half.

If we do the whole wait until we are losing before we commit anybody forward we don't do very well, especially against attacking teams.

It needs to be changed to go out at teams from the off and be the ones winning, the ones who then have to make the opposition work and maybe pick them off for more goals.

Lol you do realise we played a premier league team today worth 100s of millions right?

Otis

We have done well in the cup.

I know some have been negative, but the likes of Nick and myself I believe have just pointed out where things are wrong and have gone wrong.

Of course we CAN make the play-offs. I merely believe we have to change and adjust our system and tactics in order to do so.

The one negativity I would say I have is that I am not sure Robins believes we have to change things, even though most fans can see what needs changing.

Londonccfcfan

We have done well in the cup.

I know some have been negative, but the likes of Nick and myself I believe have just pointed out where things are wrong and have gone wrong.

Of course we CAN make the play-offs. I merely believe we have to change and adjust our system and tactics in order to do so.

The one negativity I would say I have is that I am not sure Robins believes we have to change things, even though most fans can see what needs changing.

Thank good your not the manager.

Nick

Administrator
Lol you do realise we played a premier league team today worth 100s of millions right?
You say that as if it's only today we bother to attack in the second half when losing and haven't multiple times. We have had 2 defensive midfielders sitting on defenders toes still when losing in the league for 20 minutes.

It isn't just about today is it?

Users who are viewing this thread