Time to SHOOOT (1 Viewer)

Johhny Blue

I know many fans are slated for yelling “Shooot” but how many goals have we scored from rebounds this season? I can think of two for Wright last game and Simms and Atari from each others crossbar rebounds. Add this to corners won from Sheaf and Eccles shooting from outside the 18 and the bonus of own goals from hard shots/crosses.
There has to be a case for shooting a little earlier instead of trying the slide rule passes that are being cut out more often then not. MVE and DaSilva often get into decent shooting positions and play a frustrating pass that doesn’t make it.

CCFCSteve

I know many fans are slated for yelling “Shooot” but how many goals have we scored from rebounds this season? I can think of two for Wright last game and Simms and Atari from each others crossbar rebounds. Add this to corners won from Sheaf and Eccles shooting from outside the 18 and the bonus of own goals from hard shots/crosses.
There has to be a case for shooting a little earlier instead of trying the slide rule passes that are being cut out more often then not. MVE and DaSilva often get into decent shooting positions and play a frustrating pass that doesn’t make it.

Especially with defences packed and sat deep like West Brom were for second half. almost impossible to play through…yet we continued to try and fail. We also need to move the ball quicker, try more through balls from deeper especially if Wright and Simms are playing and whip in earlier crosses into space

Hertsccfc

I have noticed we don't have a go outside the box anymore
We seem to shoot from outside the box far too much in my view, especially Sheaf. This season he keeps shooting rather than playing the ball into the box. He hit the bar with one shot but other than that most have not been good. Also didn't our second goal in the last match come from an Eccles shot from distance, and like Sheaf he has been shooting lots from distance this year?

One problem is the lack of a killer pass in forward positions. Instead we seem to shoot from unrealistic positions.

stevefloyd

Ahh there is 1 abundantly clear problem....most of our players can't hit the feckin target with Sheaf being one of the main culprits closely followed by (when fit/if he's not injured again) Kelly

Johhny Blue

Ahh there is 1 abundantly clear problem....most of our players can't hit the feckin target with Sheaf being one of the main culprits closely followed by (when fit/if he's not injured again) Kelly
My point is that might be secondary if it’s hit with some venom into the mix. Apart from the goals I mentioned in the original post are there any more that have come from rebounds?

AFCCOVENTRY

SKY BLUUUUUUUUES SHOOTING TO WIN…

AFCCOVENTRY

I hate it when fans shout SHOOOT… then the players listen to it and sky the ball into the Coventry sky and it lands on the roof of the CWR radio car.

Hertsccfc

Please don't shout it when Sheaf has the ball.

Fortunately Stoke were equally guilty of shooting too much from long range.

Cally Fedora

Yes, 100% correct JB. When we try tic tac toe around the area we have less end product - a bit like when Wenger got all self indulgent at The Arse. Get in range, have a go. Win 3-0.

Users who are viewing this thread