TLS - Birmingham Away - A Lonely Season (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

I'm the opposite to you, Laurence. Apart from a brief hiatus between the ages of 18-22 when I had better things to do I've been compelled to follow every game. However I've never been prepared (or had the time/an understanding wife) to write off an entire day to attend in person*.

This season is a Godsend for me. Instead of refreshing the BBC latest scores page every 30 seconds I get to watch. I'd be really interested to see the numbers of people buying virtual tickets - I hope it's significant enough to mean that they'll keep the ifollow screenings even after COVID is nothing more than a pub quiz question... 'in which year did...'.

* I would attend now that I have more time, if I were just a bit closer. We are trying to move but although I've mooted Cov as an option it's been roundly outvoted by the majority shareholder in my relationship.

Sky Blue Pete

Felt the same but I quite enjoyed the second half today. So hope we are back a little before the end of the season

lifeskyblue

As always perceptive. Your feelings match those of most of us.
I watch football when it’s on...but it means nothing unless it’s CCFC. Today first half I was screaming at ref to red card every thug in a blue shirt. Second half suffered heart murmurs every time they got within 25yds of Wilson’s goal.
I was texting a couple of CCFC friends who we sit with (forgot they were a minute behind us) when mccallum lunged in...and son and I embraced when we equalised. What would it be like to throw our arms round each other when we score on our return to stadiums sometime in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

speedie87

I’m the opposite i watch every city match and every single premier league match on tv!

I used to love watching reserve team football as a kid think it being able to watch the mixture of young players and see them develop and work out which ones were going to make it and the old pros on the pitch and work out what made them great (time on the ball - seemed to be the thing) - therefore all these matches in empty stadiums were I don’t mind about the result remind me of those days and I’m sat here judging every player / manager tactics.

another thing about having a season ticket the city I’m always fascinated by is how teams go on good runs /bad runs and how team selection evolves over a season. Well it’s like I’ve got 20odd season tickets this season!

Users who are viewing this thread