Tm hints at the truth (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 2477
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2477

Confirming his resignation, Mowbray said: “I spoke to Mark Venus after the game and spoke to Joy Seppala this morning.

“I’m back home in Middlesbrough, took the kids to school this morning

.“I came to get this club out of this league and it looks like that’s not possible.

"We haven’t, ultimately, got the ingredients to do what I came to do so I think someone else needs to have a go at it.

This reads to me like he wasnt given the backing and finances promised to do the job he came to do.
I pitty the poor sod who comes next

Captain Dart

I'm seeing a pattern.. plan after plan fails bacuse of inadequate financing..

Let someone else have a go SISU! #SISUOUT

better days

That's about it. Fans won't know how hard TM and MV tried to get some very good players in but time and again the budget meant other clubs gazumped us.
They gave presentations at top Premier League clubs to show Cov would be a good place to send their prospects and tried to get Tammy Abraham to come on loan for instance before the season started but he went to Bristol City. Look how he's been doing........
TM is a class act. He has kept his own council even though he must have been in despair at what was going on around him

D

Deleted member 4439

Confirming his resignation, Mowbray said: “I spoke to Mark Venus after the game and spoke to Joy Seppala this morning.

“I’m back home in Middlesbrough, took the kids to school this morning

.“I came to get this club out of this league and it looks like that’s not possible.

"We haven’t, ultimately, got the ingredients to do what I came to do so I think someone else needs to have a go at it.

This reads to me like he wasnt given the backing and finances promised to do the job he came to do.

Exactly how I read it, and as I interpreted some of his post-match comments.

Nick

Administrator
That's about it. Fans won't know how hard TM and MV tried to get some very good players in but time and again the budget meant other clubs gazumped us.
They gave presentations at top Premier League clubs to show Cov would be a good place to send their prospects and tried to get Tammy Abraham to come on loan for instance before the season started but he went to Bristol City. Look how he's been doing........
TM is a class act. He has kept his own council even though he must have been in despair at what was going on around him

So a player went to a team in the league above?

Surely the fact they are very good players means that they will always be going to clubs above our level, where the wages are bigger?

I don't buy that as an excuse, it just makes it more obvious he is looking at the wrong players and had no backup plan.

better days

Actually we have got a number of players who could become top calibre but as TM says they are boys in a men's league. There were dozens of scouts at the game last night

Otis

Actually we have got a number of players who could become top calibre but as TM says they are boys in a men's league. There were dozens of scouts at the game last night
Probably spent all game playing with their woggles and making reef knots.

italiahorse

Sisu need to assess what they want from the club.
If they don't want to invest their own money and want the club to just break even every year then it's just a waste of their time,
Move on and just see if someone else is sitting out there that wants to put some money in.

Nick

Administrator
Nick defending sisu as usual. Are you sure you arnt employed by them !

Defending them or pointing out the obvious about that statement?

I can quite happily say I'm not employed by them, never have been and never will be.

Tried to get a player who is doing well in the league above us, I could understand if it was the league below.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!

Surely the fact they are very good players means that they will always be going to clubs above our level, where the wages are bigger?

I don't buy that as an excuse, it just makes it more obvious he is looking at the wrong players and had no backup plan.

I don't think there was anything wrong with TM's approach as he must've known he couldn't compete with the wages, hence the presentations highlighting the playing style and development of youngsters.

However, it's the lack of plan b that's the problem. Surely they must have considered what happens if they didn't get the likes of Kelvin Wilson/Reda? It seems it was plan a or play the kids!

oucho

Sorry to say it chaps but my gut feeling tells me we are going DOWN.

And I'm normally the most optimistic person on here.

Nick

Administrator
I don't think there was anything wrong with TM's approach as he must've known he couldn't compete with the wages, hence the presentations highlighting the playing style and development of youngsters.

However, it's the lack of plan b that's the problem. Surely they must have considered what happens if they didn't get the likes of Kelvin Wilson/Reda? It seems it was plan a or play the kids!

Oh no, if he could manage to bag really good players it would be great. Can't complain about that, but like you say the issue was the lack of plan b.

People saying he couldn't do his job because he was going after players who went to teams in the league above have to see that the issue might be that they were the wrong players.

Must be an easy job to just blame the budget, but then reveal he was trying to compete with teams in the league above for players. Common sense tells you players will want to play higher and get paid more.

italiahorse

I can quite happily say I'm not employed by them.
Tried to get a player who is doing well in the league above us, I could understand if it was the league below.

So L2 players are what we want to get us out of L1?
I bet a Sisu spokesman would say that as well.

shmmeee

Yes. That's why we didn't have Ryan Kent, Adam Armstrong, Jacob Murphy and that Middlesbrough's kid I forget. Theyre too good and never came here.

Do you read what you post?

Nick

Administrator
Yes. That's why we didn't have Ryan Kent, Adam Armstrong, Jacob Murphy and that Middlesbrough's kid I forget. Theyre too good and never came here.

Do you read what you post?

Yes, they are all now playing in the Championship aren't they after time in League 1? Hence we wouldn't have been able to get them this year.

The problem is / was the lack of plan b when failing to get them.

idm1975

You should be a manager Nick you make it sound so easy.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Some of the criticism of Mowbray is very harsh; yes, he made mistakes, but the club is rotten to the core - and the atmosphere must be horrible.

Our turnover of managers and directors, coupled with our use of short term loan players means there's no continuity or stability at the cub whatsoever. A player looking at us, or another proposition, is every likely to go elsewhere - leaving us picking up what's left. I hope Mowbray, in coming weeks, gives an insight into the real daily workings of the football club

Nick

Administrator
You should be a manager Nick you make it sound so easy.

"budget mate, had to put my goalkeeper up front and striker in goal."

If people are saying how he was trying to get all of these amazing players but couldn't because of budget and they are all in the league above playing well then the budget can't have been that bad to even think about signing them in the first place surely? If the budget is stupidly low he would have been going after the Stokes type players.

italiahorse

We need a solid league 1 team, championship players would be great but there has to be a backup for if we dont get them.
At some point Sisu will need to stop the downward spiral by putting money in.
The back up plan of mostly kids and loans will not work.

Nick

Administrator
At some point Sisu will need to stop the downward spiral by putting money in.
The back up plan of mostly kids and loans will not work.

The kids like Stevenson who has played better than Gadzev?

Or the front 3 of Reid, Tudgay and Sordell with over 500 games between them?

Ibby

But there's nothing left now that Tony Mowbray has walked. SISU have killed the club. RIP Super Sky Blues

italiahorse

"budget mate, had to put my goalkeeper up front and striker in goal."

If people are saying how he was trying to get all of these amazing players but couldn't because of budget and they are all in the league above playing well then the budget can't have been that bad to even think about signing them in the first place surely? If the budget is stupidly low he would have been going after the Stokes type players.
We don't really know but it does not stop you inferring that the budget was marvelous for league 1.

duffer

I don't think there's any doubt that TM made some mistakes, not least of which was getting the recruitment wrong this season - he was man enough to admit that.

However the club is in chaos, and the sheer number of managers we've burnt through must show that it isn't all down to poor management. It feels like we're stuck on rinse & repeat.

I wish TM every success in the future - a thoroughly decent, honest football man who might be better suited to a higher level and a more stable environment.

Nick

Administrator
We don't really know but it does not stop you inferring that the budget was marvelous for league 1.

I have never even said marvellous.

I just find it strange if Mowbray knew we had such a poor budget he was going after all of these players that he failed to get in the first place and wasting his time?

D

Deleted member 2477

I have never even said marvellous.

I just find it strange if Mowbray knew we had such a poor budget he was going after all of these players that he failed to get in the first place and wasting his time?
Have you ever though nick he may have been promised one thing then joy and fish face moved the bounderies as they forgot to mention the cost of joys new car and handbag and tm was then told he couldnt shop at waitrose but Oxfam

Nick

Administrator
Have you ever though nick he may have been promised one thing then joy and fish face moved the bounderies as they forgot to mention the cost of joys new car and handbag and tm was then told he couldnt shop at waitrose but Oxfam

They must have changed late then as he was still chasing Championship type players in early August wasn't he?

We are in league 1, a good manager would have been all over Oxfam for hidden gems anyway like with Stokes.

D

Deleted member 2477

Very similar to the break even gate receipts last season which miraculously had to be increased when we started to get more.
How strange that a company and people who ate supposedly finance and business experts can forget an expense on the spread sheet meaning they miscalculated.

Or was it another reason to give for not spending or giving tm the extra money needed that would have got us in the playoffs last season

blueflint

I can quite happily say I'm not employed by them, never have been and never will be.

so you have set your sights lower than us why

Users who are viewing this thread