TM Update (1 Viewer)

kg82

Normally where they do the announcing to the press, isn't it? I'm pretty confident he'll be signing soon.

Jackoskyblue

very good news, if there was an issue he would have walked away ages before this stage. Last potential issue is wages but I'm sure he would have been given some kind of figure by now

LJC_CCFC

End of the week we should have an answer. Not sure if they would have a presser announcing what is basically a contract renewal/extension, but perhaps a statement or brief in house interview.

Samo

Basically no update, second time in four days the CT have spun a story out of nothing.

Update is: TM at Ryton tomorrow. I'd rather that than nothing tbh.
Bit worried about the word 'fresh' though - It implies there were talks that stalled.

SkyBlue_Bear83

very good news, if there was an issue he would have walked away ages before this stage. Last potential issue is wages but I'm sure he would have been given some kind of figure by now

I don't think Mowbray is motivated my money but I could be wrong, as long as the offer isn't derisory/insulting I think he will sign

SkyBlue_Bear83

Bit worried about the word 'fresh' though - It implies there were talks that stalled.

Hmmm, maybe. I read it as they were now going to begin drawing up contracts and discussing personal terms as last week would have been all about the club.

Samo

Hmmm, maybe. I read it as they were now going to begin drawing up contracts and discussing personal terms as last week would have been all about the club.

Hope you are right.

Hobo

Basically no update, second time in four days the CT have spun a story out of nothing.

So if there is no update what do you expect them to do? Make it up?

rupert_bear

But how many imes have we been down this road, talks are positive, just ironing the details, hope to get him through the door, all Waggott statements when supposedly trying to sign someone. Still think if TM joins SW will eventually go

wingy

Well a wage saved to add to the pot would be better utilised
Would mean TF coming back to the fore for communication purposes though
Still think we require a local Chair

Godiva

But how many imes have we been down this road, talks are positive, just ironing the details, hope to get him through the door, all Waggott statements when supposedly trying to sign someone. Still think if TM joins SW will eventually go

Well a wage saved to add to the pot would be better utilised
Would mean TF coming back to the fore for communication purposes though
Still think we require a local Chair

Why would SW go if TM signs?
SW is CEO - are you suggesting TM should be both CEO and manager?
Or would you have TF back as CEO?

I'm struggling with the logic here.

letsallsingtogether

Well i'm sure TM will want to sign his own players therefore SW won't have a job, unless he stays to sign a new manager every few months.

What else does he do?

Godiva

Well i'm sure TM will want to sign his own players therefore SW won't have a job, unless he stays to sign a new manager every few months.

What else does he do?

He is the CEO of the company.
Why would you think all he does is sign players and managers?

Astute

He is the CEO of the company.
Why would you think all he does is sign players and managers?

Whatever he does I can't think of anything he does well. The perfect partner in crime for Fisher.

Astute

As in have a CEO at a football club that knows something about football? Not the SISU way is it.

Astute

Better than going for 'stale' talks.

stevefloyd

If he is coming to Ryton it sounds promising if the talks had turned very negative maybe he wouldnt be down here or maybe its to collect all his belongings

bigfatronssba

Think people are reading too much into this. My gut instinct is talks haven't really reached a detailed stage yet, and Mowbray is in no rush, as he wants to see if anything else comes along.

Users who are viewing this thread