TM's plan for Bristol (1 Viewer)

skyblue14

How will TM set the team up for tomorrow's game? In his interview he mentioned having been thinking about it since he saw them beat Swindon 3-0. So what's his approach likely to be? Do something different in an attempt to keep it 0-0 for as long as possible?

Otis

How will TM set the team up for tomorrow's game? In his interview he mentioned having been thinking about it since he saw them beat Swindon 3-0. So what's his approach likely to be? Do something different in an attempt to keep it 0-0 for as long as possible?

Nope, not his style and our defence ships goals like Katie Price ships boyfriends.

I think we need to attack. Do also think we need to be aggressive. Bristol could be in showboat mode and playing to the crowd, so a few nips around ankles etc., wouldn't go amiss.

Nick

Administrator
I dont think he will sit back and play for a draw. I'd be disappointed if he did :(

chiefdave

We've got no chance if we sit back, the defence and for that matter the midfield isn't good enough to do that.

I'm hoping that the result tonight means they've won the league, if that happens they might not be so fussed about trying to put 5 past us!

skyblue14

I'm hoping that the result tonight means they've won the league, if that happens they might not be so fussed about trying to put 5 past us!

Surely it's better for us if Preston beat Port Vale tonight which leaves them behind us with 44 games played.

chiefdave

Surely it's better for us if Preston beat Port Vale tonight which leaves them behind us with 44 games played.

Not sure at this point us or Vale are going to come into it. Think it will be Yeovil and Colchester plus two from Crawley, Notts County, Orient and Crewe. Saying that I'd rather have us pick up at least a point this weekend and not go into the last two games still looking over our shoulder.

Speedies_Chips

It certainly is. Not sure why anyone would want PV to win.

I think we (the fans, not the players) accept we are likely to lose tomorrow and hope that the other results go our way, in the knowledge that whatever happens , it is in our own hands for the last 2 games.

Last edited:

woody11462

Not sure at this point us or Vale are going to come into it. Think it will be Yeovil and Colchester plus two from Crawley, Notts County, Orient and Crewe. Saying that I'd rather have us pick up at least a point this weekend and not go into the last two games still looking over our shoulder.

What makes you think Yeovil?

rupert_bear

Difficult to go away and play for a draw especially against a team flying high on confidence and needing a win to make them title winners. Play tight yes but I suspect TM will keep the same side, maybe with Nouble more on the left with the German up top, crowd will be well up for it so try to frustrate and spoil the party a bit.

skybluelee

It certainly is. Not sure why anyone would want PV to win.

I think we (the fans, not the players) accept we are likely to lose tomorrow and hope that the other results go our way, in the knowledge that whatever happens , it is in our own hands for the last 2 games.

Probably because we would stand a much better chance of winning tomorrow if Bristol have already won the league.

skyblue14

Probably because we would stand a much better chance of winning tomorrow if Bristol have already won the league.

I don't agree with this. They are a good team full of confidence and probably feel they can win every game at the moment.

Although I'd love to know what the stats say in terms of teams winning after securing promotion at various levels down the years - as long as the sample size is big enough to be meaningful.

W

westcountry_skyblue

I live down here in the West Country and Cotterill and Bristol City have not celebrated yet and won't be until they have won it on the pitch as he told the team pre season.
Looking forward to spoiling the party tomorrow !!! PUSB !!!

jimmyhillsfanclub

I've got a funny feeling we'll be party poopers & beat Brizzle........

....They're already up.....its a sell out....the sun will shine......but they'll fuck it up & we'll take advantage.....

Tony Mows sky blue army !!

Captain Dart

Bobby Gould is match summariser for CWR tomorrow, might be some interesting comments ;-) but will probably (rightly in my view) hand out some praise to TM.

Speedies_Chips

Bristol will be trying to beat us tomorrow regardless of what happens tonight. So surely better for us that Vale lose tonight so they don't make any gains.

Captain Dart

They will want to do it in style won't they?

If Preston lose tonight then Bristol will be Champions, they might just lose focus tomorrow.

skybluekelly98

We need to press high don't give them a second on the ball to pass it around force them to play it long we can beat them in the air with our height

LB87ccfc

We need to press high don't give them a second on the ball to pass it around force them to play it long we can beat them in the air with our height

Thats all well said its putting it into action that is the problem, I just fear the worst down the flanks were they create so many opportunities and we are very very suspect with both full backs.

ccfc_Tom

At home that freeman ran the show he was all over the pitch, need to put ward on him and try to take him out the game

Paxman II

I don't think Bristol will be in any mood to lie down. They are rocking at home in front of a large crowd of 'expectant' home support and will put on the style. Think we may get caught up in it and be spanked. I think TM has already written this off. If we get something out of it he will be delighted but he won't honestly be expecting it.

RegTheDonk

I don't think Bristol will be in any mood to lie down. They are rocking at home in front of a large crowd of 'expectant' home support and will put on the style. Think we may get caught up in it and be spanked. I think TM has already written this off. If we get something out of it he will be delighted but he won't honestly be expecting it.

I agree Pax - as good as done already but sealing the title in front of their own fans, they won't be mucking about. We don't defend well, are going to concede a few whatever, so if I were TM I'd say sod it, put a real attacking team out and lets try and make it a game of it.

Gint11

Got a feeling we'll get a tanking. Vibes are good there, promotion, off the back of a impressive 6-0 win, our defence is fragile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread