To all of us old timers and the new generation of True Coventry Supporters (1 Viewer)

skybluealan

To support Coventry, you do not have to be like me 53 years supporter, or a 1 year supporter, who is ever to blame for the state we are in at the moment, I am fed up like most of are fans. After what we have seen by are owners, ACL etc. I think it is the end of Coventry City FC. I see a company that wants to drain every last penny before they walk away. I use to watch as many football matches I could Live or on TV, but after hearing that the best we have at Coventry are on free transfers has finished it for me. Yesterday and today I was not interested in watching any Football highlights. At 65 years old, I really hope the younger generation will have the same experience I had under Sir Jimmy. Somehow I cannot see this happening. SISU/ACL you have ruined my faith in our great game of football.

Voice_of_Reason

To support Coventry, you do not have to be like me 53 years supporter, or a 1 year supporter, who is ever to blame for the state we are in at the moment, I am fed up like most of are fans. After what we have seen by are owners, ACL etc. I think it is the end of Coventry City FC. I see a company that wants to drain every last penny before they walk away. I use to watch as many football matches I could Live or on TV, but after hearing that the best we have at Coventry are on free transfers has finished it for me. Yesterday and today I was not interested in watching any Football highlights. At 65 years old, I really hope the younger generation will have the same experience I had under Sir Jimmy. Somehow I cannot see this happening. SISU/ACL you have ruined my faith in our great game of football.

Well, I'm 71 - supporting since 1952. Coventry City as we loved and knew it, has gone. RIP.

I am 60 and unless a miracle happens that could well be me done as well. But it's not quite confirmed yet (liquidation) so until it is I live in hope.

skybluealan

Well, I'm 71 - supporting since 1952. Coventry City as we loved and knew it, has gone. RIP.
We can always the the great days we had, but the future generations is what Coventry is all about and SISU and ACL have taken that away from them. Even at my age still LOVE Coventry

blueflint

i'm 65 supported since 1953 will not be back playing golf every sat afternoon

Moscowskyblue

A supporter since 65 and no longer consider myself one. I don't go in for the blame game, we are in this situation and it's not going to end well sadly. There is a serious cancer that will not be removed and it is a slow lingering finale that awaits

georgehudson

first attended in the late 50's,
THIS IS OUR CLUB,
you can take the boy/man/person, out of the city, (away matches, of course),
but you'll never take the city out of the boy/man/person,
i was at Crawley yesterday & can fully understand the pent up emotion of anger prevalent,
whatever ensues, the owners have to understand, that it is they who have provoked,
& i don't want snivelling drivel from the usual suspects,
PUSB & FOS

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Blimey! Reading these posts, I feel young at 60! :D

Moscowskyblue

Deanocity3, I will travel from Moscow to attend, it will be out of respect to them players who wore the sky blue shirt but also to discuss the way forward for a new Coventry

colin101

Suppose I am a youngster, remembering the Friday night home matches in the early sixties, great crowds, the start of the Sky Blues era, optimism all around, watching for the scores when we played away on the Saturday and getting a copy of the Pink. This is still my club and SISU may be able to take my club away from me but will never be able to take away my memories. PUSB but NOPM till my club returns to it's rightful home

deanocity3

Suppose I am a youngster, remembering the Friday night home matches in the early sixties, great crowds, the start of the Sky Blues era, optimism all around, watching for the scores when we played away on the Saturday and getting a copy of the Pink. This is still my club and SISU may be able to take my club away from me but will never be able to take away my memories. PUSB but NOPM till my club returns to it's rightful home

just for you colin
http://www.ccfpa.co.uk/?p=9107

colin101

Thanks Deano, the good days, getting the bus in Keresley End to watch these men and with look being able to sneak into the match via the corrugated iron fencing, then being part of the crowd when we beat the Wolves PUSB

Covstu

Been supporting the club for just over 25 years and been lucky enough to see the cup final win, premiership and sadly we are miles away at present. The phoenix will rise again however, keep the faith and stick with the club

Users who are viewing this thread