To Many Centre Backs? (1 Viewer)

Skyblueheff

If we need to make some cash in the transfer market should we let one of our centre backs go? In my opinion we don't need six possible players in that position. For me I would let Wood go, but thats not cos he is no good just has the weakest case for staying.
Keogh, I prefer at right back but done well and centre half
Turner future captian and was brilliant before injury
Craine, the best ball playing centre half, ideal for AT type of football
Cameron, young, cheap and has potential.

The only other one is McPake, who just shades it. When he's fit I think he is good but do have doubts over his fitness.

Wood may fetch 500k.????

CovScott88

It's a difficult one. I guess if we knew that all our players would be fit for every game of the season, then yes, we wouldn't need that many, but judging by our previous injury records, we will need every one of them.
If one was to go though, I would probably go for Wood aswell.

Marty

Get rid of McPake, he can't be relied on to stay fit and play 30+ games a season.

ajsccfc

He was still recovering from injury and as we weren't under any serious danger it was probably best to err on the side of caution with him and just give him some minutes as sub.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

IMO McPake is the best centre back at the club by some distance just needs a season without injury!

skybluesteve76

If we need to make some cash in the transfer market should we let one of our centre backs go? In my opinion we don't need six possible players in that position. For me I would let Wood go, but thats not cos he is no good just has the weakest case for staying.
Keogh, I prefer at right back but done well and centre half
Turner future captian and was brilliant before injury
Craine, the best ball playing centre half, ideal for AT type of football
Cameron, young, cheap and has potential.

The only other one is McPake, who just shades it. When he's fit I think he is good but do have doubts over his fitness.

Wood may fetch 500k.????

Agreed Heff. Wood would also be the one to go for me. Also agree that mad jim us probably the best centre half at the club, but also the most injury prone. I don't really rate wood that highly myself.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think Wood is a top bloke and he works hard, but is no way near as good as McPake. He seems to cause goals against us pretty regularly, too, and has shocking distribution and awareness. Which game was it where the injured guy dribbled (limped) to the byline to set up a goal seeing as Wood couldn't understand the danger? Possibly the lowpoint of the season. He's probably on more money than all our other CB's, too. He and McPake did look great as a partnership under Coleman, but unless SISU flog Turner or his injuries persist, it's unlikely to be reunited.

Users who are viewing this thread