To you, what is the club? (1 Viewer)

bigfatronssba

The only loyalty I have left is to my fellow fans. That to me is the club. It isn't about golden shares, ltd or holdings, sisu or Haskell, its about us.

What is it you consider 'the club'? Nothing have seen in recent years makes me think of it as my club. My question is, What is the reason behind your loyalty to Coventry City?

We the people of Coventry and Warwickshire can get the club to do whatever we want(with reason!), let us stay firm and force the bastards out.

quinn1971

The only loyalty I have left is to my fellow fans. That to me is the club. It isn't about golden shares, ltd or holdings, sisu or Haskell, its about us.

What is it you consider 'the club'? Nothing have seen in recent years makes me think of it as my club. My question is, What is the reason behind your loyalty to Coventry City?

We the people of Coventry and Warwickshire can get the club to do whatever we want(with reason!), let us stay firm and force the bastards out.

We need to do something and now.i hate this just sitting round hoping we here the news we want to . surely the trust as the voice of the fans can organise some sort of protest.it might not have any bearing on the outcome but at least we will have done something.

lifelongcityfan

totally agree..complete boycott of home games. sisi will start to think twice if there is no income They will struggle to expain that to their investors. Give it 2 0r 3 months , they will be looking to sell, that is the time to buy.The playeing staff are worth sweet fa and no assets.I would love for them to leave now, but my head is telling me they are going to try and stick this ou.

WE NEED 100% Boycott of HOME GAMES...HIT SISU WHERE IT HURTS- IN THE POCKET, IT IS THE ONLY LANGUAGE THEY UNDERSTAND. If we force them out soon enough, there will still be time for someone to takeover and bring the club back to where it belongs

bigfatronssba

Thing that hurts me the most is our city that was one the most productive manufacturing centres in Wartime Europe just 3 months after the blitz, the city the gave the world the jet engine, and the modern bicycle, are been taken apart by a bunch of clowns.

We can bring these down so easily.

Let us realise our importance.

quinn1971

It's always been my club, played for youth team as a kid stood on the old kop with my old man.my old man used to scout for them so ive always had a close link to them.i find it hard to find something now though . players dont stay long.some don't even deserve a shirt.but its still my club and always will be. I hope

italiahorse

We need to do something and now.i hate this just sitting round hoping we here the news we want to . surely the trust as the voice of the fans can organise some sort of protest.it might not have any bearing on the outcome but at least we will have done something.

A few dozen fans standing round Jimmy Hill statue does not get over that there are tens of thousands of fans out there that are not happy.
Individually you need to make sure every time CCFC or the trust or the papers ask for numbers you register your protest.
If Dim Tim asks you are you going then make sure tell him you are not.
Don't pacify him like CWR yesterday when they took questions on squad quality rather than the implications of moving to Walsall. Finishing with "thanks Tim, we know your busy"
The only way he will rethink is if he knows that no one is going to Walsall. Stay firm on this even if it tugs your heart strings.
Keep telling him at every opportunity. Come on Trust get some balls and force the issue.
If he signs a 3 year deal we are doomed.

Bassman

If it comes to it, I'd actually suggest we ALL go to Walsalll.... and refuse to enter the ground.

Instead we use it as a platform for protest.... 5000+ fans refusing to enter the ground would provide an excellent media platform, and a clear message to SISU and their investors of what our club is and isn't.

I also suspect we might find Walsall fans and even a few others from our local rivals might also show their support. I've found Leicester, Villa. Blues and Derby fans aren't even taking the piss anymore, as they genuinely feel this goes beyond local rivalry and strikes at the very heart of what makes a football club: it's fans.

WFC

If it comes to it, I'd actually suggest we ALL go to Walsalll.... and refuse to enter the ground.

Instead we use it as a platform for protest.... 5000+ fans refusing to enter the ground would provide an excellent media platform, and a clear message to SISU and their investors of what our club is and isn't.

I also suspect we might find Walsall fans and even a few others from our local rivals might also show their support. I've found Leicester, Villa. Blues and Derby fans aren't even taking the piss anymore, as they genuinely feel this goes beyond local rivalry and strikes at the very heart of what makes a football club: it's fans.

If I'm not at our away game I'll happily come and stand with you.

skybluericoh

another thing that will send a message is that if it is Walsall ther are next to none for the home games but when we are at Walsall 'away' it's a sell out.

WFC

What if its your home game...:eek: or your away game is our home game :eek:

If it is our home game I'll go and sit in my usual ST seat and watch the Saddlers give you a thrashing :)

If it's our away game I'll come and stand outside with you.:)

Colin1883

If it is our home game I'll go and sit in my usual ST seat and watch the Saddlers give you a thrashing :)

If it's our away game I'll come and stand outside with you.:)

Any rumours coming out at your end? I read one the other day involving the groupshare / Murphy and Leon Clarke... It was probably way of the mark... Just wondering if you heard anything?

WFC

Any rumours coming out at your end? I read one the other day involving the groupshare / Murphy and Leon Clarke... It was probably way of the mark... Just wondering if you heard anything?

Anything you hear coming out of our end will not even be rumour, just conjecture. There's nothing coming out of our side they are keeping quiet.

One thing I can tell you is that the WFC fans are split on this, but the majority are against it.

As I thought would happen there are now Walsall fans saying not only are they against this but if it goes ahead they will also boycott Walsall games.

We have just come out of years of disputes between our fans and the club which totally devastated trust between fans and the club. A huge amount of work has been done and the relationship was just starting to improve and fans were starting to believe in the club again. For the first time in years there was a genuine buzz around the place and fans had bought into the clubs new vision and were looking forward to next season, but of course it is early days and all this is fragile. Now in a matter of a few days it is beginning to crumble. The club is at risk of throwing everything they've achieve away for SISU's dirty cash.

holdings/SISU are now on the brink of achieving something that no-one else has achieved, the destruction of not only one club, but the simultaneous destruction of two clubs.

WFC

In terms of our fans not many. They pretty much fall into one of the two camps on whether this is right/good idea or wrong/bad idea. The vast majority of our fans have bough into our new strategy and football philosophy of a massive focus on bringing through our own players and supplementing this with a few players who offer potential and want to continue to improve and be here while playing good attractive football that entertains. Last season showed that this works and is the way forward for us.

The attitude of our fans towards players both currently here or elsewhere is now, either you want to be here and be part of something special or not, if not it's your loss and we don't need you and don't want you. Players coming in just because it's convenient for some deal who aren't really committed to our vision and disrupting the fantastic togetherness we have developed with team, club and fans as one are simply of no interest to us now.

That's what's so damaging for us about this deal. It threatens that togetherness that has took huge work to build. People's belief that the club are committed to this new vision will be broken.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

A few of us are doing this anyway if it happens join us. Wonder what the police will think of a lot of fans not entering the ground public order problems

wingy

In terms of our fans not many. They pretty much fall into one of the two camps on whether this is right/good idea or wrong/bad idea. The vast majority of our fans have bough into our new strategy and football philosophy of a massive focus on bringing through our own players and supplementing this with a few players who offer potential and want to continue to improve and be here while playing good attractive football that entertains. Last season showed that this works and is the way forward for us.

The attitude of our fans towards players both currently here or elsewhere is now, either you want to be here and be part of something special or not, if not it's your loss and we don't need you and don't want you. Players coming in just because it's convenient for some deal who aren't really committed to our vision and disrupting the fantastic togetherness we have developed with team, club and fans as one are simply of no interest to us now.

That's what's so damaging for us about this deal. It threatens that togetherness that has took huge work to build. People's belief that the club are committed to this new vision will be broken.

I applaud all that and must admit to a little bit of trolling ,appologies as I fully appareciate the support you are giving to our cause.:(

Users who are viewing this thread