Tonights Team (1 Viewer)

Hulb

Any idea what the team will be bearing in mind the increasing injury list?
Does it make any difference anyway?;)

Murphy
Christie - Keogh - Cranie - Clarke
Norwood - Deegan - Bell - McSheffrey
Nimley - Plattini

Not too confident about a result looking at the team!!!

Sky

Murphy
Clarke Christie Keogh Cranie
Norwood Gael Deegs
Nimley Platt Mcsheff 4-3-3

Hulb

Oh dear skyblueduff - doghouse blues join the club!

I thought managers like to put players out of position when they've lost the plot?

mark82

Murphy
Christie - Keogh - Cameron - Cranie
Deegan
Norwood - Baker
McSheffrey
Platt - Nimely

Subs: Dunn, Clarke, Bell, Bigirimana, Eastwood

Cranie at left back to try to keep control of Snodgrass.

mark82

Revised team, if Cameron is still out:

Murphy
Christie - Keogh - Cranie - Clarke
Deegan
Norwood - Baker
McSheffrey
Platt - Nimely

Subs: Dunn, Willis, Bell, Bigirimana, Eastwood

skybluegod

-----------------------murphy---------------
----christie-----keogh-----craine----clarke
-----------------------norwood----------------
---------------bell-----------------deegs-----
----------------------sheffers----------------
----------------nimley-------platt
subs:dunn,willis,bigi,baker,eastwood

think eastwood will get about 20mins tonight as platt will be getting tired might even start

mark82

am I the person who thinks that Platt is still garbage?

He's the best we have got at the moment. From what I have heard he has been playing well recently, although we do need someone who can actually score goals desperately.

The thing about Platt is, if he has an off day, he is liable to look awful. If his flick ons and hold up play is off, he can't really offer anything else. No pace (which impacts on his closing down and ability to make tackles), no real eye for a pass or huge goal threat. This is why I thought he got a little unfair stick upon arrival. It is somewhat similar to the situation with Andy Thorn... if you were expecting a world beater; you should have borne in mind that he would probably even describe himself as a journeyman striker, playing at his highest ever level, 33 years old, and cost £25k (rising to £50k depending on add ons). He comes across as a really likeable bloke and, on his day, offers a real problem to defences. Is he the answer to our rise to mid-table mediocrity? No. Is anyone else on our books? Er, well, to be honest, no.

Otis

I gotta tell the wife yet that i'm going to the game :facepalm: ooops

Haven't told my missus either.

Why do you think I am sweating like mad in the kitchen at the moment trying to conjure up a special meal? :D

Ready by 5.30, eaten by 6 pm., tell her at 6.25 p.m., leave for the match at 6.30 pm.

Disorganised1

Haven't told my missus either.

Why do you think I am sweating like mad in the kitchen at the moment trying to conjure up a special meal? :D

Ready by 5.30, eaten by 6 pm., tell her at 6.25 p.m., leave for the match at 6.30 pm.

collect divorce papers on way back in.

Otis

Nah.

I would go to the game anyway and she knows I always would, but this is just a way of keeping her sweet.

Besides, she goes to bed at 8 as she is on a very early shift. By then we will already be 2 goals down.

stupot07

Wasn't sure tbh. If that is the case Clarke will have to play. We are really down to bare bones in defence. Wonder if there is a clause to call McPake back?

We'd probably have to send norwood back to free up wages to recall McPake...

Mr T - Sukka!

GK - DUNN

RB - KEOUGH
CB - CAMERON
LB - HUSSEY

RM - BELL
CM - DEEGAN
CM - CRANIE
CM - BIGI
LM - BAKER

ST - NIMLEY
ST - MCSHEFFERY

Going for a complete mix up as what we are currently doing is not working. Got to change if what you are doing is not working.

mark82

GK - DUNN

RB - KEOUGH
CB - CAMERON
LB - HUSSEY

RM - BELL
CM - DEEGAN
CM - CRANIE
CM - BIGI
LM - BAKER

ST - NIMLEY
ST - MCSHEFFERY

Going for a complete mix up as what we are currently doing is not working. Got to change if what you are doing is not working.

I actually think when all players are fit a 3-5-2/5-3-2 formation might suit us, with wing backs. I would go with (assuming fully fit squad):

GK - Murphy

RWB - Christie
CB - Cranie
CB - Hreidersson
CB - Keogh
LWB - Hussey

(D)CM - Deegan/Norwood
(D)CM - Clingan
(A)CM - Baker

ST - Nimely
ST - McSheffrey

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Platt should be nowhere near the starting 11. However, I agree he has to start as we have nothing better.

Over his career he's not even been a one-in-five striker; and less than one-in-ten accounting for all his appearances in a City shirt. Yes, he grafts - of a fashion - but that's not enough to command a starting berth at this level

The team is
Murphy
Christie
Keogh
Cranie
Clarke

Norwood
Baker
Deegan
Mcsheffery

Nimely
Platt