Tony Mowbray and how we got lucky! (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Cracking football, a 20 goal striker and highest plsced finish in years

Esoterica

Christ that 1 win in 10 after the 6-0 will at bury was a disaster
Well, it was P16, W2, D4, L10. 10 points from a possible 48 between 12th Jan and 9th April. That Bury game should have been the catalyst to sorting our shit out though and holding on to a play off spot. We were still 6th with the best goal difference in the league and a game in hand on our rivals at that point.

upload_2019-9-24_13-57-20.png

But the reality is things started going wrong in November already: P22, W3, D8, L11 20 points from a possible 66 from the Bradford 0-0 onwards, where Armstrong hit the post when he probably should have scored. That was relegation form for almost half the matches in the season - Donny and Blackpool relegated on a 'point per game' 46 points that year.

Legia Sky Blue

A game I remember that season was against Barnsley. We were cruising something like 4-1, with Joe Cole scoring a quality free kick. We then imploded a little and were lucky to hang onto a 4-3 win. I'm pretty sure at this point Barnsley were in the relegation zone, but still ended up getting promoted through the playoffs. I dread to think what point advantage we had on them at this time.

Another big turning point was playing home games against Walsall & Burton in the same week. We took the lead against Walsall and should have won, but conceded a late equaliser and were then lucky to hang on to a draw. Our momentum was lost and the Burton game followed suit, and we lost. 'If' we had held on against Walsall it might have lifted the team to beat Burton, who knows!

Esoterica

A game I remember that season was against Barnsley. We were cruising something like 4-1, with Joe Cole scoring a quality free kick. We then imploded a little and were lucky to hang onto a 4-3 win. I'm pretty sure at this point Barnsley were in the relegation zone, but still ended up getting promoted through the playoffs. I dread to think what point advantage we had on them at this time.

Another big turning point was playing home games against Walsall & Burton in the same week. We took the lead against Walsall and should have won, but conceded a late equaliser and were then lucky to hang on to a draw. Our momentum was lost and the Burton game followed suit, and we lost. 'If' we had held on against Walsall it might have lifted the team to beat Burton, who knows!
17 points behind us after that game, 20 points at the peak 2 weeks later, finishing 5 points ahead of us.

Grendel

So he was picking the team and tactics was he? ,,,... another pile of bullshit from you
As expected

Er I think it’s you who said Waggott was responsible for signing players - oddly if that was the case the slump occurred when he no longer was responsible for signing players

Users who are viewing this thread