Tony Mowbray (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Is he going to stay longer than the end of this season. My own feelings are that, having kept us up, he will receive better offers from elsewhere and be off. What do others think?

Kingokings204

Got no reason to go at the moment. Clearly enjoying it and getting results so why would he go if we stay up of course. He is linked to the west midlands also so knows the area fairly well.

If sisu sell up or cut budgets again and fuck mowbray off then yes he may well go. That's more the danger than a better club getting him.

Last edited:

Otis

Is he going to stay longer than the end of this season. My own feelings are that, having kept us up, he will receive better offers from elsewhere and be off. What do others think?

I think he will get offers from elsewhere.

We can only hope he falls for Sisu's obvious charms and the promise of the big wodge of money they are going to throw his way for his transfer kitty.

Wouldn't surprise me if he was off and it would surprise me if he stays. I very much hope for the latter.

covmark

He'll be gone I think. He'll want assurances that Sisu won't give him, and he'll walk.
Fingers crossed Sisu do the right thing for once.

skybluetony176

I think that largely depends on SISU and what commitments they give him. Can't see him staying with the budget and backing SP wasn't given at the start of this season.

SkyBlueScottie

2 schools of thought for me. 1, they won't want to keep him as he has already said he needs players as some of the kids are not yet good enough, meaning extra expense. 2, it was mentioned a while back the club has not drawn down n any funds from Sisu this year, allied to Pressley's comments about getting through to the Summer could potentially point to the fact they will have a bit of cash to manoeuvre in the market with in which case I hope he stays.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I'd be surprised if he stays if I'm being honest, wouldn't be shocked if a few championship clubs were in for him. Or Sheffield Utd if they lose patience with Clough.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He's saying all the right things, but he may just be testing the waters to see what reaction he gets from the powers that be.

I certainly hope we back him and he sticks around.

Undoubtably other offers will be there, but I'm hopeful he likes it here, and we like him here

Covstar

Mowbray is already talking about the future and all the system he wants to be put into place at the club. Of course, with Sisu's track record it is difficult to see the investment coming in but if they truly think TM is the right manager to take the club forward they will HAVE to back him in the summer and give him what he wants.

I think TM's heart is at Coventry ,with what he said at the beginning of his tenure about us being such a big club, not deserving to be where we are atm and talking about us in our Prem days and how he would love to see us do well again. He's been away from managment for a while before us and I think he would love to settle down with us and embrace the challenge of turning our fortunes around. However as I said before, our owners need to back him and if he does get the backing then he will stay with us for a little while yet.

Bob Latchford

It's Sisu innit he'll go.

Tonylinc

Thanks for all the replies, however nobody has convinced me to change my mind. Come the summer and our owners fail to give assurances re: investment, then Tony will be off to a club with more ambition. I very much hope that I am wrong as with him at the helm I can see us seriously challenging next season.

Sick Boy

I reckon that he will be here next season. Considering the majority on here claimed that we would be lucky to find someone to take the job, it's reassuring once again that I go against the tide ;)

Sick Boy

He may well be SISU's best chance of getting something back from their "investment".

Let's hope they see it that way.

I'm sure that's the case. To be fair, since Fisher and Waggot have come in, our record of employing managers isnt too bad.

Considering that Tan Man and the majority of the support believed we have unearthed a gem in Thorn, it could be worse.

ps1948

Whilst keeping us up is a good thing for TM's CV, I can't see it impressing any of those clubs who might be looking for a new manager at the end of the season.
He was hardly fighting off job offers before we came along.
I hope he stays, as there does seem to be some sort of resilience about the team at long last - everything will depend (as many have said) on exactly what backing he gets from our illustrious owners

Tonylinc

I'm sure that's the case. To be fair, since Fisher and Waggot have come in, our record of employing managers isnt too bad.

Considering that Tan Man and the majority of the support believed we have unearthed a gem in Thorn, it could be worse.
What is this with Fisher and Waggot? Both are idiots of the very highest order and need to crawl back under the stone from which they emerged.

Grendel

It doesn't matter if he stays or goes to me.

Tonylinc

thats bizarre, even for you
The natural conclusion from his comment is that no matter who the manager is that our owners will scupper any chance of success; and here is me thinking that he thought Shitzu were the best thing to ever happen to our club.

H

Huckerby

The natural conclusion from his comment is that no matter who the manager is that our owners will scupper any chance of success; and here is me thinking that he thought Shitzu were the best thing to ever happen to our club .

Why were you thinking that? When has that ever been said? :S

pusbccfc

If he goes to a club in our league, I'll be very disappointed in him.

Grendel

thats bizarre, even for you

Sorry? I'm just joining in with the SBT experts - you know those people who say the toxins that permeate the club mean no manager could have made a difference when Presley departed - not even Marinhiou (not that any manager would work for shitsu anyway)

I bow to their superior knowledge.

Grendel

so sarcasm ?

Just quoting people like Tony who said they will pick the cheapest option and it will be shitsu on the cheap - knows his stuff does Tony.

Paxman II

He'll stay, stop worrying. TM is our first real chance of turning it around on the pitch and getting a promotion or two, they have to back the opportunity now. We have taken just one point less than the team we played today in the last six games. He's a different class. Surely SISU won't four this one up....

hamil99

Facebook User
I think Sisu have realised to make money they need to put some investment in the club, and its cheap to get in a decent manger who can get the best out of average players, than have to spend big on player wages which are historically more expensive than mangers.

fellatio_Martinez

I think Mowbray will stay and not because he necessarily wants to but rather that it's his best option after a few sackings and it'll be a good opportunity to build himself up again in a piss poor league. I think the reptillian overlords will give him a slightly bigger purse too because they know he'll spend it wisely.

Users who are viewing this thread