Tony Mowbray (1 Viewer)

skyblue1991

Who do we bring in though?

I don't think there's anyone out there much better than Mowbray and I can't see SISU stumping up a severance payment to TM and a compensation fee for an already employed manager.

Lets stick with him, I'm fed up of changing managers every 18 months and going round in circles.
Bring in somebody that knows the lower leagues, knows the players that are out there and the technicalities they have.

Mark Robins did OK before he left. Also would take Kenny Jackett.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Samo

Expires end of the season I think.

That's good then, because I can't see SISU paying bundles of compo in the current circumstances.

Samo

Question is, what has gone so badly wrong since December 2015?

How can you get a team playing so well, and winning games before a ball is kicked, to unable to win at all?

He dropped very lucky up to then.

skyblue1991

They appointed Mowbray, so the best you can say of them is they have judgement not in keeping with their aim of maximising the order seen elsewhere in the club, to attain on-pitch success.

So they are at fault, yes.
They did appoint Mowbray and Mowbray accepted only if they provided the resources available for the job in hand.

That to me tells me that we bend over backwards to accommodate him at the club.

At the time I thought it was a good appointment personally. However it seems to me that he's lost it and it's not getting any better.

stupot07

Our record in the league in 2016 (yes I know it stretches over 2 seasons and has different set of players)

P30 W7 D7 L16 F29 A33 Pts 28 Ppg 0.93 Win% 23%

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

He gets an easy ride because people are too angry shouting at SISU they don't notice the fact he hasn't got a clue either. Might be why they have kept him hear as it's a common trait.

I did try pointing out that the reason he joined a league one club was because he's failed at higher levels and he was a league one standard manager when he arrived. It wasn't the ones who are angry shouting SISU out who jumped on me, it was the ones hailing his arrival as a SISU master plan.

There's a pattern formed since SISU arrived. Some short term success followed by abject failure. We're seeing it again, when will people wake up and realise that our owners have failed to create an environment where long term success is possible. We're a record with a scratch. We get so far and then jump back to where we started never to get to the happy ending. That's the cycle we're stuck in. There's only one way that's going to change.

ccfc92

I did try pointing out that the reason he joined a league one club was because he's failed at higher levels and he was a league one standard manager when he arrived. It wasn't the ones who are angry shouting SISU out who jumped on me, it was the ones hailing his arrival as a SISU master plan.

There's a pattern formed since SISU arrived. Some short term success followed by abject failure. We're seeing it again, when will people wake up and realise that our owners have failed to create an environment where long term success is possible. We're a record with a scratch. We get so far and then jump back to where we started never to get to the happy ending. That's the cycle we're stuck in. There's only one way that's going to change.

I'd say this post is 100% bang on. Especially this part.

trevelfarandwide

And what did Coleman do at club level, without Bale?

Not a lot, admittedly.

The point, as always, gets lost amidst popular calls for the manager to go. Yes, TM is juddering to an absolute halt and galloping up shit creek with no saddle, but who is to fill his shoes? Anyone with potential, experience or leadership seems to falter and then die on his arse in the CCFC dugout.

The 'climate' of the club is, it seems, completely unworkable for ANY manager.

trevelfarandwide

League 1 survival?

Oh right, another plaster to cover the gaping, fatal wound. Let's entice some promising young manager to the club, see how long it takes for the club to fucking ruin him too. :)

skybluetony176

Bring in somebody that knows the lower leagues, knows the players that are out there and the technicalities they have.

Mark Robins did OK before he left. Also would take Kenny Jackett.

Mark Robins has failed everywhere he's been since leaving us.

Kenny Jacket I would think would not only want a transfer fee but would also be looking for a better opportunity than us.

I wouldn't complain about either arriving personally, we may get some new manager bounce but ultimately I struggle to see anything other than long term failure. That's the cycle we're stuck in.

Sick Boy

Oh right, another plaster to cover the gaping, fatal wound. Let's entice some promising young manager to the club, see how long it takes for the club to fucking ruin him too. :)

Yawn. Heard it all before.

It won't be long until we are told that Mowbray has been given the lowest budget in the league.

NorthernWisdom

Not just before SISU arrived of course, and I'm not saying that to diminish your point, more to add to it.

At the end of the day, our owners are either incapable of picking an appropriate manager for the club (in which case, as the ones who make the decision, they should be held responsible for this incompetence, and not entrusted with picking yet another poor choice) or the working conditions at the club mean a manager succeeds despite of the club he's at, not because of it.

If Mowbray was the first manager we've had who's struggled then it'd be reasonable to question him. Hell, it's *still* reasonable to question him - he is, and never has been, a messiah. But... the trend is it doesn't matter who we appoint... they struggle.

skybluetony176

Personally, I say give him until Xmas, then if we are still around relegation zone, bring in a manager who can use the January window.

Personally I'd give him to the end of October. That way any new manager gets to make some mark on the current squad, learn what he needs to know about them so we can go into the transfer window with some sort of a plan for strengthening based on something thought out.

Preferably though TM works out how to turn this around.

Nick

Administrator
Personally I'd give him to the end of October. That way any new manager gets to make some mark on the current squad, learn what he needs to know about them so we can go into the transfer window with some sort of a plan for strengthening based on something thought out.

I did like the thought of letting him build a squad, get in players like Jones and Turnbull on long contracts but he just keeps making very strange choices. It is obvious that with a rebuild there would be some losses, but it is embarrassing.

skybluetony176

Not just before SISU arrived of course, and I'm not saying that to diminish your point, more to add to it.

At the end of the day, our owners are either incapable of picking an appropriate manager for the club (in which case, as the ones who make the decision, they should be held responsible for this incompetence, and not entrusted with picking yet another poor choice) or the working conditions at the club mean a manager succeeds despite of the club he's at, not because of it.

If Mowbray was the first manager we've had who's struggled then it'd be reasonable to question him. Hell, it's *still* reasonable to question him - he is, and never has been, a messiah. But... the trend is it doesn't matter who we appoint... they struggle.

Wouldn't disagree with that at all Northern and it's certainly worth pointing out for balance. Good post.

trevelfarandwide

Yawn. Heard it all before.

It won't be long until we are told that Mowbray has been given the lowest budget in the league.

Couldn't care less if you've heard it all before, mate, the reality of the situation is clear to anyone with a decent pair of peepers.

So your solution is what, exactly? Sack TM and hope for the best? Yeah, he probably is close to being out on his arse, but what then?

ccfc92

Yes, that makes sense.

I'm hoping he does!

ecky

TM is existing on reputation from years ago
The guy is finished as a L 1 manager
Do the honorable thing and quit

bawtryneal

In my opinion the squad is good enough. You cannot blame SISU in this instance for supporting Mowbrey. It has to be down to the training, coaching and man management.
Sorry, but after today listening on the player I have had enough. It was actually more demoralizing than being at the game.

skybluetony176

They did appoint Mowbray and Mowbray accepted only if they provided the resources available for the job in hand.

That to me tells me that we bend over backwards to accommodate him at the club.

At the time I thought it was a good appointment personally. However it seems to me that he's lost it and it's not getting any better.

That of course was with Waggot running the show. Can the same still be said since Anderson turned up? His arrival does coincide with our decline. Just saying.

skybluetony176

tbf it's the one reason I'd suggest getting rid of Mowbray could work. He isn't Anderson's choice, so maybe Anderson deserves the chance to prove he can pick better.

Think I'd rather get rid of Anderson personally. I've mentioned it a few times in the past but if you find the video on YouTube of CA before he joined talking about the statistical best time to make a substitution if you're behind in a game and then go to the first game we played when he arrived (Northampton in the cup IIRC) and see when we made our first substitution. I picked up on it straight away and wandered if someone has started meddling with the team already.

A statistician in charge of a football club with the opportunity to play football manager if he chooses with an actual manager as an escape goat sounds like a kid in a sweety shop to me. Not saying it is the case but there are sign's there.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

tbf it's the one reason I'd suggest getting rid of Mowbray could work. He isn't Anderson's choice, so maybe Anderson deserves the chance to prove he can pick better.
Could be interesting, I think with Anderson's background we'd look at the foreign manager market and it would be a decision based off statistical analysis and number crunching.

Users who are viewing this thread