Top gear (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Did anybody watch it? Didn't even know it was on

olderskyblue

Chris needs to stop shouting so much in the studio, but otherwise I enjoyed it. same pranks, but needs time for any chemistry to develop. Hopefully it will.

Covstu

I couldn't get on with it, good analogy from NW. They did the same stuff but it just wasn't the same, it might take a few watches to get used to the new team. I think Chris Evans will be okay but not sure le blanc will be accepted, it was a lot of 'aren't us Americans great' comments. I did love that viper though!

hill83

It was ok, Chris Evans needs to tone it down a bit and I'm not sure how long they can use the 'Le Blanc doesn't know anything about the UK' gags.

Pipehitterz

Chris Evans far too excited, suppose you can't blame him, lots of unjust weight on his shoulders.
To be honest I think they need a 3rd wheel in there , a female maybe.

Did not like the star in the car off road bit
The rest tho was colour by numbers exactly the same.

CJ_covblaze

Went to watch it live. They did bits for last week's and next week's but it was mainly this Sunday's. Thought it was good. Just needs a bit of getting used to. Keep an eye out for a large and very scary 50-60 year old woman in a pink top and glasses getting herself in every shot. She kept harassing the presenters. Grade A nutter that shouldn't be allowed out.

Nick

Administrator
I started watching the first one, I wasn't expecting them to copy things like introducing the stig and the whole bumping into each other.

As for le Blanc and his chicken joke :(

I really enjoyed last nights. I like the idea of having guest presenters such as Eddie Jordan and Sabine. I think they need to drop references to the old show, such as the introduction of the Stig.

Pipehitterz

last night was as good as any thing the old top gear did

thought evans and le blanc were head and shoulders above last week

agree on the guest presenters, i said in my earlier post that it was missing a presenter, i would love that crazy german racing driver woman (sabine schmitz) as the third

i laughed hard last night, it was very good

olderskyblue

Agreed. It was a very good show last night.

Nick

Administrator
Ratings well, well down again this week.

4.1 million the 1st week, 2.3 million this week.

ajsccfc

I saw it for the first time and it was surprisingly good. It just stars foreigners now instead of just laughing at them. They should drop that 'some say' bit though, seems forced.

olderskyblue

The first episode was OK, but every one since has been very good, up to the usual TG standard of the past imho.
I particularly enjoyed last nights "race" as I've been on that train.... what a journey. :)

olderskyblue

Catch the "stars in the car" with Kevin Hart.. lol

Pipehitterz

Loving this series. I have a crush on sabine schmitz , she's such a laugh.

Honestly like it as good if not better than the old series,
How anyone can say it's shit is just saying it for the attention .

Si80

Chris Harris has the best job in the world. Last week the Ferrari 250 GTB, this week the AM Vulcan.

Lucky, lucky boy!

I'm really enjoying it. I was getting bored of the old lot so it's great that it's changed in my opinion. I think viewin figures are down because of negativity in the media. Everyone I speak to that's watched it has liked it and people who have missed it plan on watching on iplayer

chiefdave

4.1 million the 1st week, 2.3 million this week.

What kind of ratings were regular episodes with the old presenters getting?

Not a fan of the old or the new as I'm not into cars in the slightest but it strikes me that they should have made it more different. From a brief watch it seems like its trying to be the same program with new presenters. Should have taken the chance to freshen it up.

Users who are viewing this thread