Top goalscorer odds (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
When was the last time we had a top league scorer?

Rich

I saw something in facebook earlier, apparently he's the highest scorer in the efl in 2018.

Nick

Administrator
Would mean a hat trick next week and Kee not scoring.

Although if he gets 2 and he doesn't score he will be joint top scorer.

stupot07

I had an each way punt at 25/1, would be good to win it outright for me!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Enjoy it while you can. I doubt we'll be able to hold on to him next season, especially if we don't get promoted.

Astute

Enjoy it while you can. I doubt we'll be able to hold on to him next season, especially if we don't get promoted.
Why is that?

He is under contract. If he is settled here and enjoying himself he won't ask to leave. And most clubs lower down get their players for free. We wouldn't let him go on a low fee. How many clubs higher up would make a big offer on a division 4 player?

larry_david

Hello! I had 10 ew 80/1 have a horrible feeling betfair gonna screw me like Stan james did cov 33/1 efl trophy odds. Took Stan James to a tribunal and lost. Horrible bastards

Astute

Hello! I had 10 ew 80/1 have a horrible feeling betfair gonna screw me like Stan james did cov 33/1 efl trophy odds. Took Stan James to a tribunal and lost. Horrible bastards
Have never had a problem with Betfair paying out. And had a few big wins as well. The problem I had with them was they kept contacting me to become a layer....more or less be a bookie with them. Tried it but it was time consuming. Told them to stop calling me but they didn't. So I stopped using their site.

skybluesam66

if i remember correctly bookies updated their odds quite slowly for the checkatrade, and we were being offered at 33/1 even when we were already in the semis

larry_david

Yer effectively we were 16/1 or lower everywhere but Stan James had us at 33/1 which I took advantage of, only for them to pay out at 16/1. Their excuse was it was an error on the website even though it took them 3 days to change it

BackRoomRummermill

Follow the thread back and I said each way at 50 1 was a steal and jump in which some did , Macca score 2 or matches top scorer it will be amazing , either way 12.5 to 1 is a cert and have made a 600 per cent profit , if he wins it will be over 3000per cent profit , happy days

Paul Jones

Follow the thread back and I said each way at 50 1 was a steal and jump in which some did , Macca score 2 or matches top scorer it will be amazing , either way 12.5 to 1 is a cert and have made a 600 per cent profit , if he wins it will be over 3000per cent profit , happy days
Thanks for the tip!!!!!!

Astute

Astute, can you elaborate?

Betfair is a betting exchange - an online marketplace for punters to bet against themselves on sporting and cultural events around the world.

Customers bet against each other not against Betfair.

There's no bookmaker telling you what odds you have to take. Think of it as like two mates in a pub with opposing views on a game and having a bet.

Betfair works like an impartial barman in the pub who holds the money until he gives it to the winner.

Betfair give you all the guidance you need, and we encourage winners! We don't ban or cut back as is the case with many bookies who limit stakes or close accounts if anyone 'dares' to beat them. It doesn't matter to Betfair, because we take no position in the markets.

People say Betfair gives better odds, why?

Studies over several years have shown that Betfair gives 20% better odds on average due to competition and lower margins.

Competition means a better deal

Competition in any walk of life leads to a better deal, and with over three million registered customers, Betfair is extremely competitive.

At any given moment thousands of people worldwide are competing against each other to offer better odds on their opinion in order to have a bet.

This often means the odds are better than those set by a traditional bookie.

Advertise a poor price on the site and it's unlikely your bet will be matched as somebody will see the value in improving the offer. Just like if you try to sell your car for £10,000 when it's really only worth £5,000.

Lower margins

Another reason for better odds is because the bookmaker is taken out of the equation. This means you're not subject to their five, 10, 20 or even 50% margins.

The value will shine through more on markets with more selections - racing, football premierships, golf tournaments etc, where bookies traditionally make their 'bread and butter'.

Backing and laying

On Betfair you can back and lay.

To 'back' a selection means you think it will happen, like you would do with a traditional bookie.

Or you can take the opposing viewpoint and 'lay' if you think your selection will not happen (i.e. won't win).

Every fixed-odds bet, whether it's with your local high street bookie, a betting exchange or even two mates in a pub, requires a backer and a layer, you've probably just never thought of it that way.

Imagine two guys betting a pint on the Merseyside derby - one cheering Everton, one cheering Liverpool. The Everton supporter is automatically opposing, or laying, Liverpool if he decides to go with his heart. Likewise the Liverpool fan backs his team for a pint, but is laying Everton in the same process.

Lay betting is the other half of the deal from a back bet. Both are bets but opposing views. Without one, you can't have the other - it's like trying to sell your house. Until someone is prepared to buy it, then you don't have a sale.

Bertola

Thanks to this thread I also got 50/1.

A hat-trick on Saturday could pay for my season ticket next season.

Even if not though, as said above, 12.5/1 on each way is all but guaranteed

BlueElephant

£135 in the bag for me. £645 if he manages to win outright.

Am I right in saying if he finishes level with Kee it would be a dead heat and would pay out 50% of the odds so it would become 25/1 for the outright bet?

BackRoomRummermill

£135 in the bag for me. £645 if he manages to win outright.

Am I right in saying if he finishes level with Kee it would be a dead heat and would pay out 50% of the odds so it would become 25/1 for the outright bet?

You have two bets going here , the each way at 12.5 to 1 then the win bet which will pay out , if it’s a dead heat then it should be paid out in full surely ? He is top scorer

Sky Blue Harry H

You have two bets going here , the each way at 12.5 to 1 then the win bet which will pay out , if it’s a dead heat then it should be paid out in full surely ? He is top scorer

No - re: a dead heat the stake is effectively 'halved' on the win - still a lot better than e/w

AVWskyblue

Dead heat is always half the odds, unless you get a good deal that all these online bookies sometimes give

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread