Torch's Counselling Thread (7 Viewers)

torchomatic

dont insurance sort out income for you when a cirtical illness?

No, not really. I did get a pay out, but nothing that would keep me going without working.

vow

Have you been able to get to many games at all this season, Torch?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
No, not really. I did get a pay out, but nothing that would keep me going without working.
I too, found it difficult. When I had my heart bypass and was off work for months, insurance paid for mortgage for a while (about 6 months I think) but then I had to take out a loan for £15,000 to literally be able to live some sort of normal life until I returned to work. That loan fucked my whole future up. Although I paid it off, we struggled like buggery for the next few years and ended up selling our house but continued to live in it as tenants. Weird situation but it worked for us. We lost thousands but we were glad the mortgage was no longer a millstone round our necks. Then we moved here to the Isle of Wight.

torchomatic

Have you been able to get to many games at all this season, Torch?

Hi Vow

Yeah, managed most games, just avoided the night matches during the winter. Also done 8 away this season too. Missed about three home this season in all, I think.

On a related note it is actually one year ago today - on Star Wars Day - I had my bone marrow transplant. The last year has flown by. Blood tests indicate the transplant is holding the disease at bay, so all good. Just have to have another bone marrow biopsy on the 16th, which is literally a pain. Can't complain though.

vow

Hi Vow

Yeah, managed most games, just avoided the night matches during the winter. Also done 8 away this season too. Missed about three home this season in all, I think.

On a related note it is actually one year ago today - on Star Wars Day - I had my bone marrow transplant. The last year has flown by. Blood tests indicate the transplant is holding the disease at bay, so all good. Just have to have another bone marrow biopsy on the 16th, which is literally a pain. Can't complain though.
May the Fourth be with you!

Users who are viewing this thread