Transfer Embargo from midnight (1 Viewer)

DazzleTommyDazzle

If it hasn't already been stated, I think something important needs to be mentioned here which is that the filing of the club's accounts isn't of significance in the grand scheme of things. The club is owned by a holding company, which is in turn owned by another holding company-and so the only one that actually reveals anything useful is that of the ultimate holding company.

If it's so insignificant, why would we break the law by not filing?

dadgad

Couldn't agree more. We are where we are not because of SISU but because of people like Richardson and McGinnity. Ably assisted by Robinson, Hover and Elliot. They should all be ashamed.

Which is why Sisu should have kept their noses clean and convinced everybody they would do it straight.
They have royally fucked up in this regard. Two wrongs do not make it right.

lordsummerisle

That's idiotic.
Even if they were "pro Sisu" are you saying people cannot or should not change their mind? Explain.

In any case people wanted to believe that Sisu had saved the club, indeed this is what we were told.
You'd have to be pretty warped to think that Sky Blue fans wouldn't be happy with those who were being portrayed as having "saved" the club.
You make no sense - Sick Boy - no sense whatsoever.:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

It's not idiotic at all, the things that we warned about at the time, how Hedge Funds operate, Joy Seppalla's court case, Ranson and Sisu being told to fuck off by everybody else they tried to get, were lauded as great things.

"Hedge Funds know how to make money, success for us is inevitable", "Joy is a real hard-case, she won't take any crap off any other clubs", "Ranson is a "football" man and "successfull, hardheaded businessman", and the best, which was often said, "how stupid were Southampton to turn down Ranson and Sisu?" Lucky us.

The "few" facts that are known about Sisu, Seppalla et al, are the same "few" facts that we've always known, been no change in the behaviour of hedge-funds or Seppalla since the take-over, many just chose to ignore it, but suddenly feel all betrayed because they didn't do, what seems to have become one of the more popular memes on here, "due dilligence".

From the beginning mistrusted the whole Sisu and Ranson "project", never thought that they had the money required to take us where we needed to go, or the know-how from board-level down to make us a success.

Always felt that i was fair-minded about it though.

The anti-Sisu prevalent on this board in particular now though is anything but considered, ACL= Good, Sisu=Bad, not as simple as that, and the lack of real cogent arguments merely diminishes any cause.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Couldn't agree more. We are where we are not because of SISU but because of people like Richardson and McGinnity. Ably assisted by Robinson, Hover and Elliot. They should all be ashamed.

So true - just as all our current problems are not down to the government, but to those damn Whig administrations in the nineteenth century.

I can't understand why some people can't grasp this :)

SkyblueBazza

so basically we can expect this at the end of each season........but we arent allowed to question SISU according to some people on here because it makes you anti-city apparently.

As SkyblueJohn said sarcastically, "What a surprise"...because no it isn't - fully expected really given the situation. You can indeed question SISU, you can question everyone & anyone. So in that vein, if you question SISU - & somebody gives a response suggesting SISU have good intentions - why do others vilify them as SISU lovers? It seems to work both ways from my observations.
SISU (I expect) arm themselves with as many facts & as much information as them can before planning what to do next. They have more (money & credibility) at stake than most if not all other stakeholders. So they almost certainly WANT CCFC to be England's most successful club. We might disagree with their ideas on how to get there...but surely we cannot question that as their motive? Getting there is the problem!

Brighton Sky Blue

If it's so insignificant, why would we break the law by not filing?

Because it still exists as a company on paper so of course is legally obliged to file them. I meant that in real terms, it's the accounts of the ultimate holding company tell the real financial picture.

DazzleTommyDazzle

It's not idiotic at all, the things that we warned about at the time, how Hedge Funds operate, Joy Seppalla's court case, Ranson and Sisu being told to feck off by everybody else they tried to get, were lauded as great things.

"Hedge Funds know how to make money, success for us is inevitable", "Joy is a real hard-case, she won't take any crap off any other clubs", "Ranson is a "football" man and "successfull, hardheaded businessman", and the best, which was often said, "how stupid were Southampton to turn down Ranson and Sisu?" Lucky us.

The "few" facts that are known about Sisu, Seppalla et al, are the same "few" facts that we've always known, been no change in the behaviour of hedge-funds or Seppalla since the take-over, many just chose to ignore it, but suddenly feel all betrayed because they didn't do, what seems to have become one of the more popular memes on here, "due dilligence".

From the beginning mistrusted the whole Sisu and Ranson "project", never thought that they had the money required to take us where we needed to go, or the know-how from board-level down to make us a success.

The anti-Sisu prevalent on this board in particular now though is anything but considered, ACL= Good, Sisu=Bad, not as simple as that, and the lack of real cogent arguments merely diminishes any cause.

Bit of a generalisation Lord.

Way back then, I was pleased that we'd been "saved" and hoped that we'd see the benefits of proper business planning and professional management.

Sadly the reality has been something very different.

For me, one of the worst things has been the total mismanagement (in my view) of the "rent row". We (CCFC) were in a poor position because the rent was too high for our declining status, but we were locked into a legally binding contract. In that position (again in my view) you work hard to bring the other party onside, you offer them something in return for what you want - a % shareholding in CCFC for a rent reduction? What you don't do is (seemingly) go out of your way to piss them off, when they hold all the cards that matter. Otherwise, where do you think things might end up......

SkyblueBazza

Who would you expect to replace them?

No one in their right mind would agree to what ACL are demanding, and you can be sure that any potential investor would seek a similar deal like SISU are currently doing. As it has been said many times, i am sure some would suddenly change their viewpoint.

Maybe the only possible beneficiary of SISU walking away would be ACL who would step into the breach (for £1) as owners of CCFC. Then they have the stadium & the club! Then they might happily accept anyone who pays the going rate for the Higgs share of the stadium, whilst having a major say in the direction of the club.

dadgad

It's not idiotic at all, the things that we warned about at the time, how Hedge Funds operate, Joy Seppalla's court case, Ranson and Sisu being told to fuck off by everybody else they tried to get, were lauded as great things.

I bow to your superior ball gazing abilities. Remarkable. Sick Boy was berating fans for being pro sisu and having become anti sisu.
I was simply pointing out that people should be allowed to change their mind.....MOREOVER if the alternatives were SISU or NO CLUB then it is
hardly surprising that some - not you obviously, with your remarkable acumen and star gazing renown - plumped for Sisu.

This is just how the majority of fans are, ordinary folk who believe what they're told......not sophisticated soothsayers like you, clearly.
And while we're on it - oh great one - could you tell me how things are going to pan out in the next three months? Cheers
Beware the ides of March:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

dadgad

Bit of a generalisation Lord.

Way back then, I was pleased that we'd been "saved" and hoped that we'd see the benefits of proper business planning and professional management.

Sadly the reality has been something very different.

For me, one of the worst things has been the total mismanagement (in my view) of the "rent row". We (CCFC) were in a poor position because the rent was too high for our declining status, but we were locked into a legally binding contract. In that position (again in my view) you work hard to bring the other party onside, you offer them something in return for what you want - a % shareholding in CCFC for a rent reduction? What you don't do is (seemingly) go out of your way to piss them off, when they hold all the cards that matter. Otherwise, where do you think things might end up......

Good post - and a fine illustration of a sensible strategy.

lordsummerisle

I bow to your superior ball gazing abilities. Remarkable. Sick Boy was berating fans for being pro sisu and having become anti sisu.
I was simply pointing out that people should be allowed to change their mind.....MOREOVER if the alternatives were SISU or NO CLUB then it is
hardly surprising that some - not you obviously, with your remarkable acumen and star gazing renown - plumped for Sisu.

This is just how the majority of fans are, ordinary folk who believe what they're told......not sophisticated soothsayers like you, clearly.
And while we're on it - oh great one - could you tell me how things are going to pan out in the next three months? Cheers
Beware the ides of March:jerkit::jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Think your "ball-gazing" abilities are probably better than mine, though not related to soothsaying.

People of course have a right to change their mind, but most tend to go from unwavering support, to unwavering criticism with no independent thought about either.

Lacking the faculties for original thought in your case means that you can be forgiven.

jas365

He'll blame it all on ACL, he'll probably blame them for all the travel disruptions too, plus world poverty and the rise of the Third Reich

covkid69

slimy fister blaming everyone else for the accounts not being filed.....what was the excuse last year and the year before that :jerkit::jerkit::jerkit:

Noggin

I almost never bother to listen to these things, none of the interviewers ever actually manage to ask the questions properly or encourage another answer after a spin responce. How about when he blames ACL they ask was it their fault for the last 2 years as well? how about asking why they cant budget useing the best offer they have been given and release the accounts based on that? if they manage a better deal they will simply have more to spend.

Sky Blue Pete

I almost never bother to listen to these things, none of the interviewers ever actually manage to ask the questions properly or encourage another answer after a spin responce. How about when he blames ACL they ask was it their fault for the last 2 years as well? how about asking why they cant budget useing the best offer they have been given and release the accounts based on that? if they manage a better deal they will simply have more to spend.
Too right, come on Shane use your noggin!!

skybluehugh

So why aern't you and other encouraging or even demanding that ACL issue a winding up order on the club? They have had 12 months to do it,what's holding them back.If the club don't pay up,you get rid of SISU which is presumbably what you want.

You have just shot down any argument that ACL don't want to help the club. If they didn't why haven't they called in the winding up order in the last 12 months. What excuse are SHITSU lovers going to use to cover this one.

torchomatic

Acl and the Ricoh would fail without Ccfc, thats why.

You have just shot down any argument that ACL don't want to help the club. If they didn't why haven't they called in the winding up order in the last 12 months. What excuse are SHITSU lovers going to use to cover this one.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Why would ACL's auditors sign off their accounts given the current fragility of the primary tenant then?

The auditors must - independently - believe ACL's assertion that they have a viable business without CCFC.

And as I keep asking, given the stance SISU have taken, what then for those of you who have supported their behaviour?

Sky Blue Kid

Risking being told that I can't make posts without swearing......What a load of "Old Pony" you spout Torchy. After reading posts on the "Interview" on CWR this morning, SHITSU need to go....and go NOW!:facepalm:

Godiva

Why would ACL's auditors sign off their accounts given the current fragility of the primary tenant then?

The auditors must - independently - believe ACL's assertion that they have a viable business without CCFC.

And as I keep asking, given the stance SISU have taken, what then for those of you who have supported their behaviour?

ACL have a positive balance sheet - more assets than liabilities. For the club it's reverse.
If the club folds in the summer, ACL will still be able to produce a positive result in 2013 and be a going concern, so the auditors will have no problem signing the accounts.

Without the club the various businesses at Ricoh will be hurt, but only ACL management can make an educated guess if ACL can survive long term.

Last edited:

Grendel

This isn't even close to being true.

Indeed, without the football, the Ricoh could open its doors to many other and more profitable revenue streams.

Is your sole purpose on here now just be the court jester? Are you ever going to post anything remotely sensible.

Still if they did do something different on a Saturday at the Ricoh perhaps you may actually turn up for that.

Diehard Si

Is your sole purpose on here now just be the court jester? Are you ever going to post anything remotely sensible.

Still if they did do something different on a Saturday at the Ricoh perhaps you may actually turn up for that.

Why are you attacking him? His statement was true.

Sky Blue Kid

Perhaps if YOU went to away games, and felt the passion in the SBA at Bournemouth, Bury, Colchester, etc,etc, on a cold Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday night, instead of passing judgement on those of us who refuse to go to the Ricoh while SHITSU are in control. YOU along with your brother in arms Torchy,and Summerisle need to stop being patronising "Little shits"....."Damn" I've sworn again.:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread