Transfer Shouts (4 Viewers)

Tea & Busquets

Some free transfers i’d look to bring in. Dale Stephens as a Vet option in midfield, if Kelly leaves that is. Thierno Ballo, young exciting attacking midfielder released from Chelsea, would be great to have him as a 3rd option behind COH and Palmer. Lastly, Lewis Gibson, talented young centre back whom Everton wanted to keep but has decided to part ways. Has played a fair bit in League One and even in the Championship for Reading. Could turn out to be great, could turn out to be another Josh Pask, it’s free in the end so a gamble I’m willing to subscribe to.

long way home

Id take Troy Deeney, on a bus with Walker and Waghorn to drop em in L2. I understand the frustration of some, but lets see what MR does over the next few weeks before we get desperate.

A couple of names that could fit into the group are Clinton Mola & George McEachran. I also like the idea of Lewis Gibson, all could be worth a look.

Last edited:

Deity

Why? He has zero qualities that we do not already have
He didn’t set the world alight at Birmingham despite being a bluenose.

Part of the reason Gykores was so effective was his ability to use his strength and relative pace to go past defenders. Players like Deeney can’t offer that. It’s one of the reasons I think Waghorn has struggled. He often can’t keep up withthe pace of our counter attacks.

JimmyHillsbeard

Kristian Pedersen has joined Koln and Ragnar Ache has been loaned out to Fürth. Rules both them out from the rumour mill.

pleased we didn’t end up w Pedersen. Rewatch O’Hare’s goal against Birmingham. Pedersen gets beaten on the edge of the box, watches the-rest of the move until the goal from his knees and then jumps up to moan to the rest of the defence. A complete abdication of responsibility.

one of the least professional acts I’ve seen in a number of years.

slowpoke

Deeney was definitely in Cov Friday on foot not saying where but of course means Jack shit that he’s signing for us, but I disagree with the his legs have gone statements, good players like him are just that good players at 33 still a year or two at our level, If Waghorn goes just a year younger why not.

Last edited:

JimmyHillsbeard

pleased we didn’t end up w Pedersen. Rewatch O’Hare’s goal against Birmingham. Pedersen gets beaten on the edge of the box, watches the-rest of the move until the goal from his knees and then jumps up to moan to the rest of the defence. A complete abdication of responsibility.

one of the least professional acts I’ve seen in a number of years.

Ignore the music and watch Pedersen. It’s unbelievable

WGABSOOS

Deeney was definitely in Cov Friday on foot not saying where but of course means Jack shit that he’s signing for us, but I disagree with the his legs have gone statements, good players like him are just that good players at 33 still a year or two at our level, If Waghorn goes just a year younger why not.
Why not sign Michael Owen. Doesn't matter how fit he is does it?

slowpoke

Not suggested anything it’s you putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 I have just put on here a fact Troy Deeney was in Cov on Friday creates a bit of lively discussion

1ccfc

So a player who plays for another team just up the road is seen in town. Obviously it means he's signing. He's got a year left on his Birmingham contract which he's going to leave to sign a 'pay as you play' deal with us. Why do people keep referring to 'pay as you play' as an option for certain signings. Do players actually sign these sort of deals? Have we ever signed a player on these terms?

WGABSOOS

Not suggested anything it’s you putting 2+2 together and coming up with 5 I have just put on here a fact Troy Deeney was in Cov on Friday creates a bit of lively discussion
You put that in a transfer shouts thread but claim not to be suggesting anything? Basically you saw the reaction to it and now try to back track

fernandopartridge

Troy Deeney is at Akinfenwa levels of not being able to run anymore and strolling around up front trying to win the occasional header in between shithousing. He is absolutely done as a footballer. Should be a forum ban until the end of the transfer window for anyone suggesting we sign him.
It's ok Bob / Rupert / Magwitch will reinvent

SlowerThanPlatt

He lives in Warwick so this is not the big story you were hoping it to be

Users who are viewing this thread