Transfer targets (20 Viewers)

Balli001

True but it doesn’t stop deals happening every window ….

If Cashin is the one we want we could agree to loan him back until January, not ideal but if that’s what it takes then a good short term sacrifice.
Problem is they dont want him back just for half a season. Apparently its a full season or no sale

AFCCOVENTRY

Coventry City could be in for a frustrating final week of the summer transfer window with deals proving difficult to get over the line as Mark Robins looks for the final pieces of the jigsaw of his new-look squad.

The Sky Blues boss has drafted in ten players so far, eight permanent signings and two loans, following the high profile departures of star men Viktor Gyokeres and Gustavo Hamer whose combined transfer fees have enabled the club to reinvest and strengthen for the 2023/24 Championship campaign.

Robins wants two more permanent signings before Friday evening’s transfer deadline and has identified the need to add one more centre-half and a dynamic central midfielder to help fill the void left by Hamer’s departure to Premier LeagueSheffield United.

City have had an initial £2.5million bid, reported to be rising to £3m, for Barnsley defender Liam Kitching rejected, although CoventryLive understands that reports that the club are also keen on Tykes’ midfielder Callum Styles are wide of the mark, with Coventry believed to be looking at the European market for their man.

The League One club appear determined to keep skipper Kitching after Barnsley chairman Neerav Parekh told a fans’ forum last week that they are ‘definitely keeping’ the 23-year-old former Leeds United prospect in this window.

Asked if Kitching, along with fellow defender Jordan Williams who has been linked with interest from elsewhere, would be sold this month, Parekh said they are ‘definitely’ staying, reports the Barnsley Chronicle.

The chairman said: “We have turned down multiple bids for players this summer. We turned down a bid for £3million and another in high six figures. Both of those players will be Barnsley players by the end of the window.”

Asked by CoventryLive if he is any closer to adding to his squad ahead of Friday, Robins said: “Who knows! We might be a day closer but I don’t know. I have no idea. I have nothing to tell you at the moment.”

Deity

Coventry City could be in for a frustrating final week of the summer transfer window with deals proving difficult to get over the line as Mark Robins looks for the final pieces of the jigsaw of his new-look squad.

The Sky Blues boss has drafted in ten players so far, eight permanent signings and two loans, following the high profile departures of star men Viktor Gyokeres and Gustavo Hamer whose combined transfer fees have enabled the club to reinvest and strengthen for the 2023/24 Championship campaign.

Robins wants two more permanent signings before Friday evening’s transfer deadline and has identified the need to add one more centre-half and a dynamic central midfielder to help fill the void left by Hamer’s departure to Premier LeagueSheffield United.

City have had an initial £2.5million bid, reported to be rising to £3m, for Barnsley defender Liam Kitching rejected, although CoventryLive understands that reports that the club are also keen on Tykes’ midfielder Callum Styles are wide of the mark, with Coventry believed to be looking at the European market for their man.

The League One club appear determined to keep skipper Kitching after Barnsley chairman Neerav Parekh told a fans’ forum last week that they are ‘definitely keeping’ the 23-year-old former Leeds United prospect in this window.

Asked if Kitching, along with fellow defender Jordan Williams who has been linked with interest from elsewhere, would be sold this month, Parekh said they are ‘definitely’ staying, reports the Barnsley Chronicle.

The chairman said: “We have turned down multiple bids for players this summer. We turned down a bid for £3million and another in high six figures. Both of those players will be Barnsley players by the end of the window.”

Asked by CoventryLive if he is any closer to adding to his squad ahead of Friday, Robins said: “Who knows! We might be a day closer but I don’t know. I have no idea. I have nothing to tell you at the moment.”
Another shockingly inaccurate headline from CT.

SlowerThanPlatt

We need to get the Gus replacement in by Tomorrow for me, give them time to train with the lads

Eccles and Sheaf partnership has gone a game too far for me.

Not slating either of them but its not a partnership thats going to create much
“although CoventryLive understands that reports that the club are also keen on Tykes’ midfielder Callum Styles are wide of the mark”

What’s your source saying on this, thought we’d met the release clause?

TomRad85

“although CoventryLive understands that reports that the club are also keen on Tykes’ midfielder Callum Styles are wide of the mark”

If we let Bidwell go, someone who can cover multiple positions like Styles makes lot of sense.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Saddlebrains

We had. I think we plumped for Ayari instead it seems

Hobo

We need to get the Gus replacement in by Tomorrow for me, give them time to train with the lads

Eccles and Sheaf partnership has gone a game too far for me.

Not slating either of them but its not a partnership thats going to create much

Time to train with the lads?

You are talking like the season ends in two weeks? 😂

Whether we sign someone today or the end of the week. He will have plenty of time to train with the lads and have an impact on the season. Remember this time last season we adnt played a home match and barely picked up a point.

I still think Sheaf and Eccles have the potential to develop, especially Eccles who will learn week on week playing regular football.

Saddlebrains

I think Watford is a write off at this point TBH. Focus on after the international break.

Its a must win for me.

Yes its early before anyone starts that, but if we lose or draw going unti the international break with 5 points from 5 or 6 points from 5 is below par for me

8 from 5 with a win would have us nicely positioned just outside the top 6

Hobo

You're expecting us to lose that game?

Watford will pose us a number of problems. They have have a number of skillful players who play with pace on the counter.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its a must win for me.

Yes its early before anyone starts that, but if we lose or draw going unti the international break with 5 points from 5 or 6 points from 5 is below par for me

Playing as we are and looking how Watford have started I’m personally expecting a narrow defeat from this one. It is going to take longer than a few weeks for this team to play how MR wants it to I think.

rexo87

Can't see this one happening
b7b1cdc01aecadea8c7960db2e02fe93.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Its a must win for me.

This season was never going to be linear. We were always going to build up a head as the team got settled

Evo1883

Its a must win for me.

Burnley last season after 5 games won 1 drew 3 lost 1 ..

I think what I'm saying is , it's not a must win , weirdly we are following their trajectory too 😉

After 10 games burnley had 17 points

covcity4life

I think what I'm saying is , it's not a must win , weirdly we are following their trajectory too 😉

No chance is it must win. Although we don't want to put too much pressure on the next set of fixtures either.

But yeah if we draw Vs Watford I won't be panicking.

PVA

Its a must win for me.

It's absolutely not must win.

People were saying games this time last year were must win to avoid relegation!

TomRad85

I think what I'm saying is , it's not a must win , weirdly we are following their trajectory too

Yeh must win is madness. Win would mean we've had a pretty good start, a defeat you'd have to say a pretty shite start tbf. But we all know 5 games in means little.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeh must win is madness. Win would mean we've had a pretty good start, a defeat you'd have to say a pretty shite start tbf. But we all know 5 games in means little.

We didn't emerge from the relegation zone until what, October? Not much point even looking at the league table right now.

Users who are viewing this thread