Transfer targets (15 Viewers)

Briles

It’s a pointless discussion on a thread called transfer targets when Swift clearly isn’t a realistic transfer target

Oh this is only for confirmed targets? Is there a seperate speculation thread?

Sky Blue Harry H

Unless he’s first choice every week then that looks like a backward step for Panzo
It's the only type of signing Cardiff can make at the moment. Surprised someone else didn't make a move for him - but maybe Cardiff offered Forest the most in loan fees?

pusbccfc

Sunderland having a nightmare it seems.

Could be worse.

Calista

From that it sounds as though our targets are now restricted to the domestic market, mainly because of limited availability of slots for medicals :(

Asked if he’s still looking in the European market as well as domestic market today, he revealed: “We look everywhere but I think today the domestic market is going to be the one because people are going to need to travel and need to have medicals, and that’s the key because you can run out of time.”
Expressing his frustration, he added: “You just can’t get medicals. It’s just ridiculous. However much you plan for some medicals to be done, they have to be done at certain times. We don’t own a scanning machine and there’s a real backlog in the NHS, and evenly privately the use of them is unbelievable, so we have all of those logistical challenges as well.

Happy_Martian

I just find the whole Kitching's not with £4mil while Brekkalo's worth £6mil every day of the week utterly bizarre as we don't have a clue!

I mean ideally we get to find out, and really two CBs would be nice for full cover...

Hmmm, Brekalo - experience with Slovenia as a full International in the UEFA League Qualifiers. And European experience with Viking, on top of playing top flight football.

1693563765691.png

Kitching - ....... there's just no comparison

1693563683794.png

I'd certainly rate Brekalo over Kitching on level of experience alone. And as he's played against top opponents in Europe and internationally, that would seal the deal for me. Pay the £6M and we appear to get a beast of a CB.

Calista

It would seem crazy if on deadline day (which has been known for months) we have to abandon deals because there isn't time for travelling or medicals.

And although Robins mentioned an NHS backlog for scanning machines, I don't think it should be down to the NHS to provide facilities just so professional football clubs can sign multi-million pound players in a hurry.

SlowerThanPlatt

Hmmm, Brekalo - experience with Slovenia as a full International in the UEFA League Qualifiers. And European experience with Viking, on top of playing top flight football.

View attachment 31705

Kitching - ....... there's just no comparison

View attachment 31704

I'd certainly rate Brekalo over Kitching on level of experience alone. And as he's played against top opponents in Europe and internationally, that would seal the deal for me. Pay the £6M and we appear to get a beast of a CB.
What is the level of the Slovenian national team? And even Josh Pask played in some European qualifiers

Briles

It would seem crazy if on deadline day (which has been known for months) we have to abandon deals because there isn't time for travelling or medicals.

And although Robins mentioned an NHS backlog for scanning machines, I don't think it should be down to the NHS to provide facilities just so professional football clubs can sign multi-million pound players in a hurry.

We could buy one but they ain't cheap mind. Maybe part exchange kelly for one?

gspotgaz

The fact we face logistical issues to get medicals booked in on deadline day is absolutely bonkers… seems very amateur hour

SBT

We’re really asking who’s better out of Styles and Swift? This is why we can’t have nice things.

Users who are viewing this thread