Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

larry_david

Bidwell is essential to the squad, unless we bring in another defender.
1 player coming in today , hopefully it will be a dynamic midfielder.
Bidwell is essential I agree but we know he was pretty much gone to Brum in Jan until daSilva fell through and we know he won't be happy sitting on the bench

Manchester_sky_blue

If we have to rely on untested kids in the championship then that would be a disaster
Every player is untested until they are tested. Robins has moved the likes of Andrews, Stretton, Obikwu & Eghosa into the first team squad because he thinks they are knocking on the door, he's not doing it just to be nice or for a laugh.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Every player is untested until they are tested. Robins has moved the likes of Andrews, Stretton, Obikwu & Eghosa into the first team squad because he thinks they are knocking on the door, he's not doing it just to be nice or for a laugh.
Needs must, Robins has made it quite clear he was looking for 4 players and he only has one loan in to show for it.

Obviously Robins doesn't seem to think they are quite ready or he wouldn't have been looking for 4 more players.

TomRad85

Very disappointed if its 1 more. 2 would be acceptable and that's still way short of the 6 more Robins was saying, with that being before Hamer was sold for 15 million.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Manchester_sky_blue

How do you jump to that conclusion? Simms has only played in a 2 for us. Get off the lads back. You sound mental.

In fact I'd imagine the last game he played as a loan striker he scored against Chelsea.

I swear, and I mean this with kindness, you and a couple others on here should seek professional help about anxiety. It's not healthy to fret about stuff that hasn't happened yet as much as you do. It's not natural to always jump to the worst case scenario in your head. There is a full day left of the window and we are clearly making offers for players. Just relax and see what happens.
Whilst I understand the point you're trying to make, which is valid and as you said comes from a place of kindness, it's not helpful to tell people with acute anxiety to "just relax". It doesn't work like that. There's also nothing unnatural about anxiety, it's essential for life, it's what stops us doing dangerous shit that might get us killed. It is however complex and often illogical and we all deal with it differently.

I don't mean to preach but I speak from both my own experience and struggles with anxiety over 30 odd years and from my professional experience working for an NHS Mental Health Trust.

shmmeee

Whilst I understand the point you're trying to make, which is valid and as you said comes from a place of kindness, it's not helpful to tell people with acute anxiety to "just relax". It doesn't work like that. There's also nothing unnatural about anxiety, it's essential for life, it's what stops us doing dangerous shit that might get us killed. It is however complex and often illogical and we all deal with it differently.

I don't mean to preach but I speak from both my own experience and struggles with anxiety over 30 odd years and from my professional experience working for an NHS Mental Health Trust.

You’ll be telling me you can’t cure depression by telling people to cheer up next!

cooperskyblue

Very disappointed if its 1 more. 2 would be acceptable and that's still way short of the 6 more Robins was saying, with that being before Hamer was sold for 15 million.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
But like Robins said, it wouldn't be for the want of trying.
We have to the right players at the right price. If either of those are wrong then we could be worse off.

And there is another window in January in which we would then have money available.

I personally would be content with a CM coming in today. As I think everywhere else we have pretty decent depth.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If clubs don't want to let the players go now at this stage of the window they are hardly going to allow them to leave in January in the middle of the season.

We will have to wait till next Summer and you can bet transfer fees and wages will still be inflated and possibly worse in 12 months time.

Get to 50 points and end this season as quickly as possible, what a waste of a season.

twistandshout

Bidwell is essential I agree but we know he was pretty much gone to Brum in Jan until daSilva fell through and we know he won't be happy sitting on the bench
We have more money than last season, so balancing the books isnt so vital.
When we have cover he will go as he isnt fluid enough for the system we want to play, but the transfer fee and wages will only allow us to bring in another player and if the window is shut that dosent benefit us.

larry_david

If clubs don't want to let the players go now at this stage of the window they are hardly going to allow them to leave in January in the middle of the season.

We will have to wait till next Summer and you can bet transfer fees and wages will still be inflated and possibly worse in 12 months time.

Get to 50 points and end this season as quickly as possible, what a waste of a season.
Greggs level of wumming!

Briles

John Swift is my guess 👀

Jamieb87ccfc

Personally I think it will end up being 2, we all know on deadline day things move quickly and change in minutes. Barnsley signed a LCB so maybe they expect Kitchner to go or he has asked for a move.
I do agree that it’s about getting the right players that fit the team ability and personality wise. We don’t want more Todd Kanes or Sean Maguire just to fill space and not really play or another Waghorn.
Money wise it has to be the right cost and salary as well and FFP comes into play.
Bristol City can’t spend any of the 25 Million for Scott because of the salary cap forced on them by FFP.

Manchester_sky_blue

One injury away from Eccles and Kelly playing all season.
- We could sign 3 midfielders today and they could all be injured by next week. We don't exactly excel at keeping players fit do we.

- Eccles and Kelly were a big part of our success last season and in Eccles case he's only getting better the more he plays.

- We may lack depth in defensive midfield but we have other midfield options now that might lend themselves to a different formation. We had a plan and stuck to it last year but that's because we had no choice. Very different situation this season.

- We have some promising young players who will get game time this season and continue their development.

fernandopartridge

I must have imagined Sheaf and Hamer playing 90% of the matches then.

Eccles was a squad player and Kelly was on very fringes for the majority of the season.
Eccles started every game after we lost at West Brom on 1st Feb. We only lost one of those games. Hardly a squad player given both Sheaf and Hamer played alongside him for many of those.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

BlueSkiesForever

One injury away from Eccles and Kelly playing all season.
This is the worry and it is a genuine worry, there’s no way we get top 6 if Sheaf gets injured and we have to play Kelly every game. I genuinely don’t like being pessimistic or enjoy berating the team or management but when you stop and think for a second we’ve gone from Hamer to no one, that is slightly concerning tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread