Transfer targets (10 Viewers)

Frostie

Kelly is another who might be classed as just a back up squad player but never lets us down when called upon I’d keep him the rest of the season.
The fact a CB is preferred to him in midfield now & when Sheaf is fit he wouldn't even make the 20 man squad suggests the writing is on the wall for Kels.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Also Samuel Gustafson (Häcken)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've watched him and his twin brother (who is probably slightly better in my opinion) a few times having lived right by the Häcken stadium, but they are both almost 30 now. Some of the better players in the Allsvenskan, but the standard of that league is a bit suspect. Not sure if they would be exactly what we need but an interesting bit of scouting!

SBAndy

For about £2.5m this will be a brilliant signing. Plenty of development and will go onto big things. Plays left wing and can play right as well.

Likes shooting. The poor xG score vs a very good goal return suggests he’s quite a prolific finisher but decision making probably isn’t great. xA of 1.21 for the season suggests he doesn’t pass.At 19, plenty of time to tweak.

1703766873389.png

For comparison, I’ve suggested Sebastian Nanasi in the same league. Same amount of goals but 6 assists as well. xG to goal differential not as stark. Maybe a bit more polished but don’t know whether he’d be attainable.

1703767178785.png

Brighton Sky Blue

Hertsccfc

Given the Ayari situation I’m not sure they’ll be keen on sending us anyone
Why? I am sure they're not that thin skinned and probably understand that in retrospect the loan came too soon. It's not like this doesn't happen quite a lot. They wouldn't have wanted us to keep playing him and shattering his confidence.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why? I am sure they're not that thin skinned and probably understand that in retrospect the loan came too soon. It's not like this doesn't happen quite a lot. They wouldn't have wanted us to keep playing him and shattering his confidence.
As said above we'd probably want this guy permanently if the interest is genuine.

DannyThomas_1981

The fact a CB is preferred to him in midfield now & when Sheaf is fit he wouldn't even make the 20 man squad suggests the writing is on the wall for Kels.
Love Kels as our longest serving player and thought we'd be seeing more of him this season to close out games.

I imagine he's very influential off the pitch - dating all the way back to the dark days of L2 and valued highly by Robins for that leadership role.

On saying that Frostie, I agree with you that time on the pitch looks limited for Kels with the squad getting ever deeper - and it's only going to get more competitive in the centre of the park after we add to the squad in January.

Good news in all of this - for the first time in years we have a squad vs. a team that basically picks itself and some good options here and there.

Gint11

What about Langstaff from Notts County as our next punt striker?

42 in non league
15 in 24 in League 2

TomRad85

I think Al Hammadi is a much better long term prospect than Langstaff, if we are looking at prospects from League 2.
I'm certain we were linked in the summer. I thought we might sign him up after Simms but we took everyone by surprise and spent another 7 million on Wright. Would still be keen to get him in.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

JoeCCFCPUSB

I would think Ilias Chair would be a brilliant signing, John Swift would also add a lot of depth and given WBA's financial problems he could be a smart signing. A striker/ inside forward that can press and run his socks off is another really important target, even if a striker that has these attributes will only contribute 10 goals a season the workrate and ability to press is worth a lot more.

long way home

Id go Swift and Al Hammadi as they could both be involved in 1st team squads quickly. Kemp is another id go for looks like a Callum type could well be worth a gamble.

mmttww

Callum Styles as competition with Sheaf and Eccles (Kelly replacement, basically!) then a more attacking CM to compete with Allen and Palmer, and cover O'Hare leaving. Someone more raw than Styles.

That and a loan to cover Sakamoto and Wright and we're sorted. Should have enough in the coffers for that. If O'Hare leaves in Jan, I'd want the attacking CM to be less raw and ready to start games.

slowpoke

Forgot to mention him again of all the ones I’ve seen recently and I’ve said it before I’d go for Liam Millar on loan at PNE offer his parent club an offer they can’t/won’ refuse, him one wing & Saka the other we would rip this division.

Balli001

Forgot to mention him again of all the ones I’ve seen recently and I’ve said it before I’d go for Liam Millar on loan at PNE offer his parent club an offer they can’t/won’ refuse, him one wing & Saka the other we would rip this division.
Doubt we are buying him from basel

Hoofhearted

I have zero itk knowledge, just throwing a name out there. Lewis Ferguson, ex Aberdeen currently at Binks' parent club Bolonga, midfielder, scores a few and is highly thought of out there. Probably out of our price range as just signed a new deal but just thought I'd put it out there. Feel free to slaughter my suggestion 🤭

skyblue_55

For me , if we are to make a big statement in the second half of the season & beyond, Adam Wharton @ 19 is a superb player & Sammie Szmodics , although 28 is a pain in the arse to play against & knows where the goal is . Blackburn aren’t the most flush of teams & who knows with a cheeky double bid ?
Liam Millar@ Preston , has just elevated himself into a new price bracket & we know only too well how he took Joel to the cleaners , a month or so ago & at 24 would be a great addition

slowpoke

For me , if we are to make a big statement in the second half of the season & beyond, Adam Wharton @ 19 is a superb player & Sammie Szmodics , although 28 is a pain in the arse to play against & knows where the goal is . Blackburn aren’t the most flush of teams & who knows with a cheeky double bid ?
Liam Millar@ Preston , has just elevated himself into a new price bracket & we know only too well how he took Joel to the cleaners , a month or so ago & at 24 would be a great addition
Liam Millar wing play reminded me of Ronnie Rees (rip) and Saka is just like Willy Humphries, can history repeat itself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread