Transfer targets (13 Viewers)

BlueSkiesForever

Have you actually seen Brekalo play?

No, has anyone seen many of the millions of player suggestions that people post on here? Do we need to have watched multiple 90 minutes games of a particular player to state an opinion about that player? There was a flood of comments this week about how amazing Torp is, yet all anyone’s watched is one highlight reel of the geezer. Not saying Torp is bad but it seems that it’s fine to state an opinion on him yet it’s not right to have an opinion on another player?

I just think Brekalo seems like a passionate/loyal player who looks strong defensively and maybe has the ability to spread the ball around more than other CBs that I’ve seen. It’s not that I’m in love with the guy, just think he’s a decent proposition and Viking have finished their season so now is the ideal time to buy him if we’re after that type of player.

procdoc

No, has anyone seen many of the millions of player suggestions that people post on here? Do we need to have watched multiple 90 minutes games of a particular player to state an opinion about that player? There was a flood of comments this week about how amazing Torp is, yet all anyone’s watched is one highlight reel of the geezer. Not saying Torp is bad but it seems that it’s fine to state an opinion on him yet it’s not right to have an opinion on another player?

I just think Brekalo seems like a passionate/loyal player who looks strong defensively and maybe has the ability to spread the ball around more than other CBs that I’ve seen. It’s not that I’m in love with the guy, just think he’s a decent proposition and Viking have finished their season so now is the ideal time to buy him if we’re after that type of player.
Usually to form an opinion on a player you need to see them play first. Would you say a film is good or bad if you haven’t seen it?

procdoc

Plus there was one tenuous link to Brekalo and since then you’ve mentioned him on here every day. I have no opinion on Torp yet, I have read the opinions of people who have seen him play and the consensus from them is that he’s a good signing. You talk about Brekalo like you’re his agent or like the bloke is the best centre half ever

WestEndAgro

I'm putting Sima out there again. He's currently on a season lomg loan from Brighton.
I'm not suggesting he comes in January, but we should be all over him in the summer.

shmmeee

What we thinking then? I think 2 attacking players to play across the front 3 and then a CB if Fadz leaves

That would be ideal. Especially if we can get them in before the cup game. A LW and ideally a ST on loan then a quality CB to partner Kitching.

Gives you two good teams to mix and match:

Collins
MvE CB Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf O’Hare Torp
Saka ST Wright

Wilson
Lats Thomas Binks Dasilva
Eccles Palmer Allen
Simms Godden LW

Kelly and Tav on loan, Fadz coaching/backroom. Moore released.

mmttww

GK - sorted
Collins
Wilson

RB - sorted
MvE
Latibeaudiere

CB - sorted
Thomas
Kitching
Binks
Latibeaudiere
Fadz

LB - sorted
Bidwell
Da Silva

DM - sorted
Sheaf
Eccles
Torp
Latibeaudiere
Kelly

AM - sorted
O'Hare
Palmer
Allen
Torp

RW - issue
Sakamoto

CF - fine
Simms
Godden
Wright

LW - short
Wright
Simms
Palmer

At least one needed up front. Otherwise, I think we've got enough for the playoffs.

Last edited:

MalcSB

GK - sorted
Collins
Wilson

RB - sorted
MvE
Latibeaudiere

CB - sorted
Thomas
Kitching
Binks
Latibeaudiere
Fadz

LB - sorted
Bidwell
Da Silva

DM - sorted
Sheaf
Eccles
Torp
Latibeaudiere
Kelly

AM - sorted
O'Hare
Palmer
Torp
Sakamoto

RW - issue
Sakamoto

CF - fine
Simms
Godden
Wright

LW - short
Wright
Simms
Palmer

At least one needed up front. Otherwise, I think we've got enough for the playoffs.
Have you forgotten Allen?

Oggysstarjumps

Looks like a fire sale at reading, Femi Azeez could be a steal, winger that can play both sides.
Good shout. I've wondered about Azeez for a while. I know a Reading fan who says he's head and shoulders above the rest of their squad in terms of potential. Final ball/product is sometimes questionable, but that's started to improve and he was their fans player of the month by a country mile in December. At 22, he fits the profile...

TomRad85

Good shout. I've wondered about Azeez for a while. I know a Reading fan who says he's head and shoulders above the rest of their squad in terms of potential. Final ball/product is sometimes questionable, but that's started to improve and he was their fans player of the month by a country mile in December. At 22, he fits the profile...
Was looking at Reading too. Might as well take advantage of a club in trouble, it was done to us enough.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SkyBlueGuy

That would be ideal. Especially if we can get them in before the cup game. A LW and ideally a ST on loan then a quality CB to partner Kitching.

Gives you two good teams to mix and match:

Collins
MvE CB Kitching Bidwell
Sheaf O’Hare Torp
Saka ST Wright

Wilson
Lats Thomas Binks Dasilva
Eccles Palmer Allen
Simms Godden LW

Kelly and Tav on loan, Fadz coaching/backroom. Moore released.
You missed Lati. I'm not sure we need a CB in Jan now we play four at the back 🤔

JSL

Depending how long Haji Wright is actually out for could scupper our play off hope ambitions. If its anything like when Ben Sheaf was out with the same injury it could be for upto 8 weeks. Therefore a quality striker / goal scorer as cover is paramount IMO

SlowerThanPlatt

Depending how long Haji Wright is actually out for could scupper our play off hope ambitions. If it’s anything like when Ben Sheaf was out with the same injury it could be for upto 8 weeks. Therefore a quality striker / goal scorer as cover is paramount IMO

"Hopefully we can have him back pretty quickly, quicker than the scan results suggested. They are treating the symptoms, which are minimal, if anything at all at the moment. So I am hoping that we get him back quickly.”

Users who are viewing this thread