Transfer targets (12 Viewers)

Astute

Malcolm Ebiowei set to leave Palace on loan. Linked with a team in Belgium, but EFL clubs also interested
I hope not. Would not be easy to make a song for him.

StrettoBoy

Duncan McGuire has his deal cancelled by Blackburn mid-flight!, now trying to sort something out with Wendies.
Could we have another American international?

An interesting one but I think he is one of the strikers keeping Haji Wright out of the US team so I'm not sure that would work if they were also vying with each other for a place in our starting lineup.

Sky_Blue_Daz

If we were looking at strikers in America we could do a lot worse then Giakoumakis from Atlanta United 19 goals in 30 games and when he was at Celtic I think he got 20 in 40 scored at champions league and international level too

Martin180

Bored on my tea break so googled a few u-21 squads and came up with Ruben van Bommel and Filip Bundgaard ??
Both young wide players who could be available , depends where we are looking and the type of deal

mmttww

BBC talking about Ebiowei being likely to go to Belgium as it's one of the Palace co-owner's other clubs.

Hoofhearted

Not sure we could afford him, apparently he’s on thaw-ty grand a week
Simon Cowell Wow GIF by America's Got Talent

Astute

An interesting one but I think he is one of the strikers keeping Haji Wright out of the US team so I'm not sure that would work if they were also vying with each other for a place in our starting lineup.
To me it would help him settle in quicker.

Do you really think they wouldn't help each other on the pitch?

Astute

If we were looking at strikers in America we could do a lot worse then Giakoumakis from Atlanta United 19 goals in 30 games and when he was at Celtic I think he got 20 in 40 scored at champions league and international level too
But McGuire is already in England and is after a club. More realistic.

twistandshout

I dont know how many games Haji has been out of the US team, but this guy has 1 international cap.

CoventryUSA

Giakoumakis is awesome. Hit the ground running with Atlanta. Very real chance he wins the Golden Boot this year. But he still under contract for 3 more years, is making £32,000/wk, and Atlanta has zero incentive to sell. He is going to be the face of that club when they eventually sell Almada.

McGuire can be had right now because he currently only makes £1,100/wk and is pushing for a move to Europe to aid his development and try to make a case to get into the USMNT senior roster. Plus, Orlando has a few incentives that make a sell more likely. It would add another $1.1m GAM to help build out the roster. Plus, they have an open Young DP slot that they can use to replace McGuire in the summer.

CoventryUSA

I dont know how many games Haji has been out of the US team, but this guy has 1 international cap.

Haji was never first-choice for the senior team. He snuck into the World Cup roster because Ricardo Pepi was in unbelievably bad form and Daryl Dike was injured. With Florian Balogun committed, it makes the depth chart even a little harder to climb. Wright's recent form would help push him up that list, but it hasn't been from a central striker position and we already have plenty of talent on the wings.

Duncan McGuire's lone appearance came this past month. USMNT always holds a January camp which is colloquially known as "Camp Cupcake". It is generally only for MLS-based players and usually even missing a couple of the best MLS players if they are recovering from any sort of injury from the prior season. This year, Duncan McGuire made that roster of what is essentially a "B" or "C" team. If Haji was playing in MLS, he would have absolutely been part of that camp as well.

Hopefully that gives you some context to both of their national team situations.

Users who are viewing this thread