Transparency Peterborough transfer talk (1 Viewer)

GaryJones

How fantastic it is to get the inside story on a current transfer negotiation - sounds like we got a fantastic owner with Doug King - described as relentless! What a read - makes me proud to be a Cov fan.

GaryJones

Everyone comes out so well I thought - both clubs the player and both owners - all class operators!

covcity4life

How fantastic it is to get the inside story on a current transfer negotiation - sounds like we got a fantastic owner with Doug King - described as relentless! What a read - makes me proud to be a Cov fan.
Great article. Thanks

Looks like we really tried hard to get him now. Shame but least we got him in what might end up being bargain price actually

GaryJones

Also revealed we paid £5million but got a £750,000 loan fee - so cost £4.25million in total.
Bargain and a great bit of business.

GaryJones

The podcast is good too. The start of it goes into detail around the deal too. It does seem like we’ve negotiated a decent deal for the player.

I’m hoping that ‘option’ is written down on paper somewhere!

McAnthony has probably smoked it!

SBT

Very entertaining but striking these kinds of deals after six beers and a transatlantic flight (first class!!) with no WiFi doesn’t exactly scream top negotiator to me.

slowpoke

Interesting article, Ronnie Edwards is my feeling only 20, ball playing CB and we need fourth CB

Covcraig@bury

Great read this , and he must be one hell of a player with amazing potential for Doug to keep going back , and at that price also he must be something special 🤔

Brighton Sky Blue

He's building an underground lair. I'm starting to think we might be owned by Hank Scorpio.
‘Finish in the play offs Mark’
‘Yes Mr Scorpion. I will do that sir.’
‘Don’t call me Mr Scorpion, it’s Big Doug but don’t call me that either.’

robbiethemole

slowpoke

Is posh chairman laughing all the way to the bank? A 4mill player in this country that I’ve never heard of🤷🏻‍♂️seems a bit steep
They do have a reputation of producing & digging out good top players, I’d say fees around division one and championship of about £4million about right for the best let’s hope EMC proves he is, transfers are always a risk,
As for Darragh MacAnthony he’s an experienced and canny negotiator re. transfers got to give him credit for that.

False9

Is posh chairman laughing all the way to the bank? A 4mill player in this country that I’ve never heard of🤷🏻‍♂️seems a bit steep
Of all the players Robins has signed, most of the ones I had heard of prior to signing were flops...

robbiethemole

They do have a reputation of producing & digging out good top players, I’d say fees around division one and championship of about £4million about right for the best let’s hope EMC proves he is, transfers are always a risk,
As for Darragh MacAnthony he’s an experienced and canny negotiator re. transfers got to give him credit for that.
He’s still a knob tho.

Mucca Mad Boys

I've never heard of him either. 😀

With respect, how much football do you watch outside the Prem and CCFC? I hadn’t heard of him and that’s because my answer to the above question is no.

I did recognise the highlights from the Barnet v Sheffield U years ago when he won a penalty against them.

JSL

We paid around £4 million for Kitching so seems the going rate for good division 1 players unless the deal for Kitching set the benchmark that others now expect. Either way, the incoming players sounds good for what we need and DK was prepared to splash the cash.

Mucca Mad Boys

We paid around £4 million for Kitching so seems the going rate for good division 1 players unless the deal for Kitching set the benchmark that others now expect. Either way, the incoming players sounds good for what we need and DK was prepared to splash the cash.
£4m for a top end L1 player has being the going rate for a while. Peterborough sold Connor Washington for c. £4m years ago.

Even we sold Wilson, McCallum and Maddison for in and around £3m.

Reactions: JSL

Users who are viewing this thread