Travellers everywhere! (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
Do what they want, when they want.

If I got caught pissing up a wall I'd get arrested, they do a shit in a field they get cleaned up afterwards.

wingy

Try living round by me.
Mattresses, three piece suites and Ikid you not an American style fidget freezer blocking the pavements round by me, all the good neighbours getting out and buy to let trash all around

fernandopartridge

Try living round by me.
Mattresses, three piece suites and Ikid you not an American style fidget freezer blocking the pavements round by me, all the good neighbours getting out and buy to let trash all around

This is Tory Britain, those landlords you talk about are the strivers.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
They've no sense of social responsibility, always bring trouble & mess and expect someone else to clean up.

We get the same with bloody tourists!! :whistle:

Sky_Blue_Daz

They pitched up on Keresley brook road for a few days over Easter they left a right mess
They pulled up wooden posts t get on the green which constitutes criminal damage chopped Down trees

Sky_Blue_Daz

Although when they do leave uhcw it will cause mayhem getting out of that Car park is hard enough at the best of times never mind a convoy of caravans getting out too

Johnnythespider

They are advising people to use public transport for the hospital because the caravans are taking up the spaces. Can't they just tow them away.

chiefdave

This problem occurs all over the country. Why can a law not be made so that as soon as they park up somewhere they shouldn't be all their vehicles can be seized.

Councils have to provide sites for them yet they choose not to use them.

Should also look into how they are taxed. We all have to pay council tax to cover the cost of things like refuse collection. Do they pay council tax or an equivalent charge?

chiefdave

But it was all ok when Labour were in charge wasn't it? Labour fuelled the buy to let market whilst last in power.

This is something that really annoys me in politics. We had 13 years of Labour blaming everything on the Tories and now we've had 6 years of the Tories blaming Labour. Just get on with fixing things!

Social housing, indeed all housing, is a complete mess and there doesn't seem to be a plan to sort it.

Since right to buy was introduced 1.87m homes have been lost from social housing stock. Currently on 1 in every 10 is replaced, however the number being built is decreasing and the number of people using right to buy is increasing. That's before you take into account bringing housing associations into the plan.

The current policies do nothing but make the problem worse. In turn that will push up rents and housing prices. As with most current polices the beneficiaries will be those who are already relatively well off, the worst affected will be those at the other end of the scale.

Terry Gibson's perm

They are advising people to use public transport for the hospital because the caravans are taking up the spaces. Can't they just tow them away.

Ridiculous to say use public transport if we had to do that we would need to walk at least half a mile to the bus stop, get one into town then town to Coventry then one out to the hospital it would take about 4 hours, I can see George Eliot hospital from my house but a lot of better value services have been stolen to make that hospital profitable.

How about this for an idea move the travellers, they need to change the law on this so the local commissioner can have them removed as soon as they arrive.

they don't come around Bermuda very often as they know they will get moved on quickly by the people who live in the permanent site at the Griff

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The police are shit scared of them! How are they going to deal with thousands of millwall fans if they can't move half a dozen caravans.

Terry Gibson's perm

The police are shit scared of them! How are they going to deal with thousands of millwall fans if they can't move half a dozen caravans.

The difference is they can treat football fans how they want or so they think, they also seem to arrest soft targets, my friend who for his sins is a Leicester fan got arrested against us a few years ago for flicking the v at our fans and got a banning order for it as well.

stupot07

The problem is Travelers are a legally recognised ethnic group so under "equalities and diversity" laws their needs are seen above others. Police have to tread carefully so everyone has to tip toe around them. I'm sure if I parked illegally at the hospital I'd get a hefty fine and get towed away. The police, private landowners and the LA have to jump through hoops to get a court order in order to remove them. Its a load of bollocks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Crisis over the police have given them an unacceptable behaviour leaflet ffs you couldn't make this up:facepalm:

I bet the chief exec of the hospital will be on the bus next time he goes in :thinking about:

chiefdave

The problem is Travelers are a legally recognised ethnic group so under "equalities and diversity" laws their needs are seen above others.

But the law can be changed. And of course just because your in an ethnic group doesn't mean you can do what ever you like. If a load of buddhists decided to pitch up in someones car park and take it over they wouldn't get away with it.

It can't be that hard to create a law that gives the police and local authorities more power to get something done.

Moff

It isnt that Nick, there are legal processes you have to go through, and the travellers always have legal advice. You cant just evict them, you have to go through the wheels of the legal system to get the eviction notice. They cant be touched otherwise, and the Police fully know that, as if they did anything they would be committing an offence, would lose their jobs, and probably get sued.

NorthernWisdom

tbh the Warwickshire Park one is somewhat overblown. There were a whole 4 vans (I think), they moved on after a couple of days, and they were inconspicuous enough for me to park among them without noticing until I came back!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It isnt that Nick, there are legal processes you have to go through, and the travellers always have legal advice. You cant just evict them, you have to go through the wheels of the legal system to get the eviction notice. They cant be touched otherwise, and the Police fully know that, as if they did anything they would be committing an offence, would lose their jobs, and probably get sued.

Unfortunately that is the case. And the travellers know they have far more 'rights' than not, and use them to full advantage.

chiefdave

Been doing a bit of reading about this. The problem is not that they are allowed to do it but that the existing laws aren't enforced.

Generally, local authorities have a responsibility to provide space for travellers to camp on permanent sites. However, it is against the law for travellers to occupy land which has not been designated for this purpose.

The two issues seem to be that it is civil and not criminal. That could easily be changed. The other problem is the landowner is within their rights to forcibly remove the vehicles if they have ignored a request to leave however that leaves them open for prosecution for damage. Remove that option, maybe make an allowance for excessive or unreasonable damage.

Do those two things and the police could arrest and impound and the landowner could forcibly remove - problem solved.

Terry Gibson's perm

The car park they are on has a barrier wonder how they got through that, I would go there at night clamp every single wheel on every vehicle and then lock all the entrances so they can't get out.

covcity4life

apparently they want permanent base near ricoh arena and more importantly near my house!

petition signed but who knows what will happen

Nick

Administrator
apparently they want permanent base near ricoh arena and more importantly near my house!

Yeah it's Burbages Lane they want it.

If they want a permanent base, why not just buy a house or buy a plot on an existing traveller site?

stupot07

I'm sure all they have to do is ask wasps, and they'll be more than accommodating....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

yeah deck the travellers out in yellow and black no doubt.

they wouldn't stay on burbages lane field area either, they would start littering by the car sales lot and hang out around the bollards etc. wouldnt be nice.

and they blast their music everywhere too

chiefdave

I don't really see the attraction of being a traveller. I can understand people who sell up and spend their time visiting various places in a motor home or something similar but what is so great about pitching up in a hospital car park for a few days before being moved on?

And then you've got those who are travellers but live permanently in the same place, how is that being a traveller?

Nick

Administrator
If they are on the car park, surely if they don't have a ticket or are paying they can get clamped and towed away?

Terry Gibson's perm

If they are on the car park, surely if they don't have a ticket or are paying they can get clamped and towed away?

That's the staff car park so they are less worried at the hospital if it was the main car park where they make all their money they would be on it.

Users who are viewing this thread