Travellers squatting on Ricoh car park. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date

thaiskyblue

What annoys me about them is that they all have flash cars and new vans etc, but are they taxed and insured? Surely you need a permanent address to tax your vehicle (as well as insurance). Why aren't these details checked and used against these pikey tossers! They get away with anything! We have to pay, why don't they? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
may be their home address is in the caymen islands.

Tbf, the Police are restricted in what they can do.

Plus they'd get slated more if they went in full force removing these pests, than if they "sat on their hands".

In an ideal world, there would be no rights to the travellers, and evicted from private land shouldn't have to go through the courts. But it does.

You don't need to go through the courts for eviction from private land, you can use Halsburys Law to remove them, it a piece of piss.

hutch1972

Tbf, the Police are restricted in what they can do.

Plus they'd get slated more if they went in full force removing these pests, than if they "sat on their hands".

In an ideal world, there would be no rights to the travellers, and evicted from private land shouldn't have to go through the courts. But it does.
If they gained access by smashing any gates down they could be evicted now but if they had been left open by accident then i wish the council good luck !

If they gained access by smashing any gates down they could be evicted now but if they had been left open by accident then i wish the council good luck !

your wrong, it does not matter how they gained access it is whether it is private or public land, public land requires a court order private land does not - I removed travelers for a living.

Also in the majority they are nice people, all these racists comments on here are a little shocking - and uncalled for, but lets not let the truth get in the way of a stereotype...

Grendel

There does seem a lot of stereotypical racism here I have to say.

The soothsayer

Im a "traveller" and I am offended by the term "pikey" ,its a racist term to our ethnic group. We people just like to be with nature, and shit where we want to, shit where we want to. so have care with your fookin language towards your gypsy brothers .thank you. ps . does anybody want a tree cutting down or a few pegs?

bigfatronssba

Im object to people who pay nothing into society yet take from it, regardless of what ethnic group they belong to.

Does that make me a racist?

hill83

I agree, but racism or bigotry towards travellers unfortunately seems to be acceptable. Very disappointing thread this.

Nick

Administrator
Am on my phone and have cleaned a couple of posts up, if there are any offensive ones left can somebody press report so I can sort them?

hill83

Am on my phone and have cleaned a couple of posts up, if there are any offensive ones left can somebody press report so I can sort them?

I'm pretty sure the term 'pikey' isn't the best idea to be fair. Which is in the title.

torchomatic

Daily Mail reader?

Im object to people who pay nothing into society yet take from it, regardless of what ethnic group they belong to.

Does that make me a racist?

Paxman II

People that choose to opt out of societies system and then expect to use it when it suits them don't deserve such respect as some are suggesting. Now having said that I don't deny they can expect decent human respect and I would give that anyone.
I don't like the term Pikey particularly but if you were in the pub tonight I'm sure there will be plenty using that term. Gypsies, travellers or whatever is correct, it's is all the same to most people.
I've had good and bad personal experiences involving travellers in the past. One where they made a great job of my driveway years ago and the other where they burgled my house and stole my stuff, then had the audacity to sell it at the local flea market!

hill83

People that choose to opt out of societies system and then expect to use it when it suits them don't deserve such respect as some are suggesting. Now having said that I don't deny they can expect decent human respect and I would give that anyone.
I don't like the term Pikey particularly but if you were in the pub tonight I'm sure there will be plenty using that term. Gypsies, travellers or whatever is correct, it's is all the same to most people.
I've had good and bad personal experiences involving travellers in the past. One where they made a great job of my driveway years ago and the other where they burgled my house and stole my stuff, then had the audacity to sell it at the local flea market!

All irrelevant to be honest. People in pubs say all sorts. Doesn't make it right. Anyone can make a cracking job of your drive or rob your house. So again irrelevant. The point is the generalisations based on an ethnic group, or people. That is wrong.

All irrelevant to be honest. People in pubs say all sorts. Doesn't make it right. Anyone can make a cracking job of your drive or rob your house. So again irrelevant. The point is the generalisations based on an ethnic group, or people. That is wrong.

Absolutely on the money...didn't a Mr A Hitler from Austria have a similar outlook to certain ethnic groups?

Paxman II

I really did not want to get into this subject. But irrelevant it isn't.

I pay tax, NI, council tax, road tax and hell many more taxes! Hopefully you do to. So when they use the local A&E or drive their van and caravan on the road, receive money tax free and so on and so on.....it becomes relevant.

bigfatronssba

I pay tax, NI, council tax, road tax and hell many more taxes! Hopefully you do to. So when they use the local A&E or drive their van and caravan on the road, receive money tax free and so on and so on.....it becomes relevant.

For once I agree with you!

And before anyone brings it up, this has nothing to do with race, just fairness. They choose a lifestyle that is subsided by the taxpayer, that's what I don't like.

It is irrelevant, because some of the words on here being used are racist - are travelers the only people to not pay tax? or to drive on the road without tax or insurance? if they are well I apologies.

WestEndAgro

Why do they call themselves travellers ? The only time they travel anywhere is when they get evicted, and then it's only 5-6 minutes down the road to the next available site, leaving barrel loads of rubbish behind
No rights to anywhere unless they pay their way.

Some of the "Looney Left" comments on this thread are ludicrous.

Why do they call themselves travellers ? The only time they travel anywhere is when they get evicted, and then it's only 5-6 minutes down the road to the next available site, leaving barrel loads of rubbish behind

I rather be on the left than the far right....or is it Reich?

torchomatic

As are your far right ones.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

shropshirecov

Been a victim of crime involving gypsies/travellers a few times in the past, so I'll keep my opinions of them to myself.

It's fine to generalise about millions of Daily Mail readers but not certain other groups.

For once I agree with you!

And before anyone brings it up, this has nothing to do with race, just fairness. They choose a lifestyle that is subsided by the taxpayer, that's what I don't like.

How is it subsidised by the taxpayer?

There are many more people and companies in the UK that are ripping us all off....dole cheats, invalidity cheats, road tax and car insurance cheats, google/starbucks...tou can not make sweeping statement like you have.

bigfatronssba

How is it subsidised by the taxpayer?

There are many more people and companies in the UK that are ripping us all off....dole cheats, invalidity cheats, road tax and car insurance cheats, google/starbucks...tou can not make sweeping statement like you have.

Do they use public services? Yes

Do they contribute into the public purse? No

I hold all those others you list with the same contempt as I do with travellers.

Users who are viewing this thread