Trialists (1 Viewer)

Manchester_sky_blue

Refreshing to see that the management team are looking to develop all areas of the club, not just the first team. Planning for the future, decent manager, filling in the potholes........ not sure i can cope with all the positivity!

JimmyHillsbeard

Don't suppose anyone wants to comment on the photo. Neil McFarlane stood on the training ground behind Jamie Clapham. Would tend to suggest he's neither sacked nor on gardening leave

Hobo

Don't suppose anyone wants to comment on the photo. Neil McFarlane stood on the training ground behind Jamie Clapham. Would tend to suggest he's neither sacked nor on gardening leave

He was up in Scotland watching Wigan play a friendly and fitting in a visit home. Part of the clubs prep for the first game of the season. But some people just can't seperate certain people from Pressley....like McFarlane, Webster, Finch and Connor Thomas.

torchomatic

The two last night were OK. Plant was industrious and did a lot of running. Whilst the Portuguese number nine didn't really get the service but he certainly put himself about a bit.

Hobo

The two last night were OK. Plant was industrious and did a lot of running. Whilst the Portuguese number nine didn't really get the service but he certainly put himself about a bit.

In fairness they assess them during training as well, it is not always easy to come into a side and stand out. As you point out sometimes people just don't get the service on the night. Sometimes it is important to see how people react to things when it is not all plain sailing and the sun ain't shining on them.

armybike

That photo is from the CCFC v Nuneaton game.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Refreshing to see that the management team are looking to develop all areas of the club, not just the first team. Planning for the future, decent manager, filling in the potholes........ not sure i can cope with all the positivity!

pressley did this crap all the time everyone he pretty much signed came with the line "his one for the future"

torchomatic

He didn't give up, he head didn't drop. He got frustrated at the end when we should have had a throw-in but I like to see a bit of that sometimes. Out of the two he was the one who stood out.

In fairness they assess them during training as well, it is not always easy to come into a side and stand out. As you point out sometimes people just don't get the service on the night. Sometimes it is important to see how people react to things when it is not all plain sailing and the sun ain't shining on them.

kg82

What's the problem? Should we not look at the future? Let's scrap the youth team!

torchomatic

I've seen R C-C a couple of times pre-season and I'd rather have him that Burge, he looks a lot more self assured.

torchomatic

Hobo

he claimed slager was one for the future with great potential to and also signed reece charles cook for the same reason

I know you might have been blinded by Manchester United success, but do you realise how many players have been employed by them and have not succeeded?

Do you realise George Best, Peter Shilton and Kevin Keegan were all branded failures and not having the right attributes to succeed early in their careers?

Spotting talent and giving someone a chance is one thing, seeing it come to fruition is another.

I wouldnt beat yourself up for the rest of your life because you didn't rate Pressley as a manager; trying to blame him for everything.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

I know you might have been blinded by Manchester United success, but do you realise how many players have been employed by them and have not succeeded?

Do you realise George Best, Peter Shilton and Kevin Keegan were all branded failures and not having the right attributes to succeed early in their careers?

Spotting talent and giving someone a chance is one thing, seeing it come to fruition is another.

I wouldnt beat yourself up for the rest of your life because you didn't rate Pressley as a manager; trying to blame him for everything.

what are you talking about all i said was pressley was buying for the future so mowbray doing it isnt something new honestly cant see what your problem is with what ive said i havent called anyone a failure

Hobo

what are you talking about all i said was pressley was buying for the future so mowbray doing it isnt something new honestly cant see what your problem is with what ive said i havent called anyone a failure

Okay, maybe took what you said out of context. But there are plenty of posters just blaming Pressley for everything.

Urquhart and Reece Rice Cook were certainly worth a punt, wasn't so sure about Slager but then I knew nothing about him in fairness. He did have pace which can be a big asset.

Football is like horses and greyhounds....a lot of the product goes to waste, it just doesn't make the grade. But spotting the talent and bringing it on is not an exact science. Some develope early and fade, some develop late. Some have the talent and ability and just decide it is not for them and drop out.

I do however believe a youth scheme and spotting young potential is essential to Coventry's survival and future progress.

torchomatic

It's easier to spell "Portuguese"! He did look a rough diamond. Showed skill but also grit and determination.

Thanks torch with a name like his he could be a superstar, is a big fella ? Who would you liken him to ?

Users who are viewing this thread