Trouble in Boxes (2 Viewers)

Alex1987

Three time this season we've had over exuberant away celebrations in the boxes near the family zone.

I personally think cheering is fine, but there seems to be a lot if incitement to cause trouble from some.

What are the rules here? Can't Doug just give the aways 4k instead of having this issue?

edgy

They need to make it clear that if you are an away supporter in the boxes, then exuberant celebrations and goading home fans will lead to ejection.

Probably only sell boxes on the balcony to away fans too. Less likely to lead to issues weve seen this season, where home fans get pissed off and confront them.

pusbccfc

Loads of our fans sit in hospitality at away grounds.

I think they should probably utilise boxes down towards the away fans. God, if I'd spent £1000 on a box and my team went 2-1 up to all but seal auto promotion I'd cheer too.

Not denying they shouldn't have continued to wind people up, but they are entitled to celebrate and some of our fans reactions were ridiculous. We're all football fans and they're not exactly big rivals are they!!

Leicester game was different and those plonkers shouldn't have been allowed with the rivalry.

edgy

I think they should probably utilise boxes down towards the away fans. God, if I'd spent £1000 on a box and my team went 2-1 up to all but seal auto promotion I'd cheer too.

Not denying they shouldn't have continued to wind people up, but god they are entitled to celebrate and some of our fans reactions were ridiculous. We're all football fans and they're not exactly big rivals are they!!

Leicester game was different and those plonkers shouldn't have been allowed with the rivalry.

The problem last night was exactly the same as Leicester. Nothing wrong with cheering but turning to a whole stand, arms spread wide and goading is different.

Hobo

The problem last night was exactly the same as Leicester. Nothing wrong with cheering but turning to a whole stand, arms spread wide and goading is different.

That hardly sounds like they were starting a riot. Arms spread wide - wow!

Why didn't you just get on with watching the game rather than him?

edgy

That hardly sounds like they were starting a riot. Arms spread wide - wow!

Why didn't you just get on with watching the game rather than him?

You missed the goading part.

For what it's worth, I did get on with watching the game. But sorry for turning my head to see what the commotion was.

There are some proper odd people on here.

Hobo

You missed the goading part.

For what it's worth, I did get on with watching the game. But sorry for turning my head to see what the commotion was.

There are some proper odd people on here.

Well goading isn't a very specific term, you made it sound like the fact he had his arms spread out was how he was goading people, you didn't mention verbal communication?

Anyway I always understood there was a phone number and text number to report things during the match? Maybe the club could have dealt with it then? Or write to them so they can perhaps deal with it in future?

Major Tom

That box in the corner were still at it long after the game finished, not sure they will be so cocky when they are being spanked most away games next season and paying twice the price for the pleasure....
Listening to the phone in on the way home Rob Gurney was moaning about some 'idiot Ipswich fan' in the corner box screaming at the top of his voice into an empty stadium .. I thought it was players cooling down initially ..very odd behaviour.

stay_up_skyblues

I imagine he was leathered. We were when we had a box for a game. The waiting staff bring as much beer as you can get through during the match and the host told us to put it in the cardboard coffee cups so we could session on the balcony. Messy.

This was in league 1 days so it may have changed. Seems not though based on last night.

Warwickhunt

It's because Sheffield United banned Hamer from having a box it's opened it up to knobheads

Users who are viewing this thread